Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

collossus is underpowered

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 18, 2011
101
i thought like and ice supposed to do the same damage the imp and ice beetle do 65 to 105 damage leperchaun and serpent both do 155 to 195 ice wyvern and seraph do 335 to 395 so why is centaur higher than collossus ice collossus should be 515-595 so collossus and centaur can be balanced out.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
139
You must hate it since you can't spell it right! Colossus. May I say ice has the most health?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
saadkhan123 wrote:
i thought like and ice supposed to do the same damage the imp and ice beetle do 65 to 105 damage leperchaun and serpent both do 155 to 195 ice wyvern and seraph do 335 to 395 so why is centaur higher than collossus ice collossus should be 515-595 so collossus and centaur can be balanced out.


The reality of being ice is that in exchange for high health and high global resistance, our spells tend to get outpaced by other schools as they climb in rank in base damage, gear damage boost, and gear accuracy boost. Ice colossus specifically was already increased to the current 500-580 from the original 460-540 thereby making it more in line with the general ice expected damage per pip. I don't think you're going to see any further increase in its damage.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
137
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Where did it say Ice and Life are supposed to have the same damage? Ice is supposed to be the weakest school with the highest health; Life is supposed to be a weaker school with the valuable ability of healing. The thing is that Ice has a lot more attack spells than Life and can survive longer in battle without the use of healing spells. Life needs healing spells to survive, and Centaur is the last attack spell before Forest Lord. By the way, Ice Colossus' damage was already raised a while ago (when Celestia was added, I believe).

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
14
No it is not underpowered because if you use ice blade, ice trap, and battlefrost you can still take off about 1500 health.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
108
saadkhan123 wrote:
i thought like and ice supposed to do the same damage the imp and ice beetle do 65 to 105 damage leperchaun and serpent both do 155 to 195 ice wyvern and seraph do 335 to 395 so why is centaur higher than collossus ice collossus should be 515-595 so collossus and centaur can be balanced out.


Ice gets more attacks over all than life, in fact life didn't have an AoE spell at all until Celestia was released. That's why the later spells for life start getting more damage.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
101
JinZah wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
i thought like and ice supposed to do the same damage the imp and ice beetle do 65 to 105 damage leperchaun and serpent both do 155 to 195 ice wyvern and seraph do 335 to 395 so why is centaur higher than collossus ice collossus should be 515-595 so collossus and centaur can be balanced out.


Ice gets more attacks over all than life, in fact life didn't have an AoE spell at all until Celestia was released. That's why the later spells for life start getting more damage.
ok if thats true if life's further spells are stronger then how is mammoth higher than gnome ice and life sometimes get higher damage spells than each other which means in some cards ice is stronger than life and i think centaur and collossus should be balance cause imp and beetle serpent and lepperchaun seraph and ice wyvern do the SAME damage.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
saadkhan123 wrote:
JinZah wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
i thought like and ice supposed to do the same damage the imp and ice beetle do 65 to 105 damage leperchaun and serpent both do 155 to 195 ice wyvern and seraph do 335 to 395 so why is centaur higher than collossus ice collossus should be 515-595 so collossus and centaur can be balanced out.


Ice gets more attacks over all than life, in fact life didn't have an AoE spell at all until Celestia was released. That's why the later spells for life start getting more damage.
ok if thats true if life's further spells are stronger then how is mammoth higher than gnome ice and life sometimes get higher damage spells than each other which means in some cards ice is stronger than life and i think centaur and collossus should be balance cause imp and beetle serpent and lepperchaun seraph and ice wyvern do the SAME damage.


Gear damage boosts are significantly higher than ice and 2 life dispels are much more strategically valuable than a single stun.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
take it from this point of view ice is nearly immortal with that health life has mostly heals so they need some attacks that do ok damage
ice has a lot of health and are suppose ta have persistance (ya i didnt spell it right) so your attacks are generally low as it is and just because a few have the same amount of damage doesnt mean they all will.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
Wow. An attempt to raise Colossus damage right next to an attempt to lower Kraken damage, both by the same author. Huh, wonder what school you're partial too. Sorry, just had to say that. Now, if Ice had that high damage, health, resist, and accuracy, while all other schools had one or the other, Ice would be the only type of magic in the Spiral. Sorry, but Colossus is fine the way it is.

Defender
May 13, 2009
100
Last year they raised colossoses power because of many complaints. They are not going to raise it again.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
The spells are not supposed to be equal. The point of the different schools is to take the school you choose to run and build on it strategically.

I Have seen Ice wizards do some heavy damage, BUT, Ice is also one of the hardest to defeat due to the amount of HEALTH they have and Tower Shields.

It really is not fair to compare the schools. Each one has their specialty and if you are not satisfied with the school you chose, you can always delete it and start another. I have done this as well. I started an Ice wizard and got her to level 38, but was not happy with it so deleted it and replaced it with Myth. But that does not mean that I think Ice is a bad school. It was just not for me.

The only time there should be a complaint about a spell is if one is really bad or not working properly.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
emc99 wrote:
Last year they raised colossoses power because of many complaints. They are not going to raise it again.

exactly :)

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
301
Defender
Jul 18, 2011
101
bionaknight wrote:
Wow. An attempt to raise Colossus damage right next to an attempt to lower Kraken damage, both by the same author. Huh, wonder what school you're partial too. Sorry, just had to say that. Now, if Ice had that high damage, health, resist, and accuracy, while all other schools had one or the other, Ice would be the only type of magic in the Spiral. Sorry, but Colossus is fine the way it is.
they aint next to eachother anymore

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
saadkhan123 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
Wow. An attempt to raise Colossus damage right next to an attempt to lower Kraken damage, both by the same author. Huh, wonder what school you're partial too. Sorry, just had to say that. Now, if Ice had that high damage, health, resist, and accuracy, while all other schools had one or the other, Ice would be the only type of magic in the Spiral. Sorry, but Colossus is fine the way it is.
they aint next to eachother anymore
Wasn't the point, but, ok.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
14
saadkhan123 wrote:
JinZah wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
i thought like and ice supposed to do the same damage the imp and ice beetle do 65 to 105 damage leperchaun and serpent both do 155 to 195 ice wyvern and seraph do 335 to 395 so why is centaur higher than collossus ice collossus should be 515-595 so collossus and centaur can be balanced out.


Ice gets more attacks over all than life, in fact life didn't have an AoE spell at all until Celestia was released. That's why the later spells for life start getting more damage.
ok if thats true if life's further spells are stronger then how is mammoth higher than gnome ice and life sometimes get higher damage spells than each other which means in some cards ice is stronger than life and i think centaur and collossus should be balance cause imp and beetle serpent and lepperchaun seraph and ice wyvern do the SAME damage.


I disagree if they would do that that would, in my opinion, ruin some of the fun of the game because some of the strategy would be gone. Say if that they made this change some people might get upset and ask to get their damage of the spell increased. :) :) :) :)

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
38
saadkhan123 wrote:
i thought like and ice supposed to do the same damage the imp and ice beetle do 65 to 105 damage leperchaun and serpent both do 155 to 195 ice wyvern and seraph do 335 to 395 so why is centaur higher than collossus ice collossus should be 515-595 so collossus and centaur can be balanced out.
Complaint #4 by saadkhan123
Its funny how as I am going through "the dorms" and i see that someone says something is under or overpowered. I automatticaly assume "i bet thats saadkhan"

Mycin DarkHeart
Transcended Necromancer