Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

christmas quests?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
28
i think there should be some christmas quests all i see is felix navidad in the shopping district and then the candy canes and christmas tree in the commons. Like jack hollow they make one for hallowen. I just dont get it.
there should be someone named like dasher or something. write back plz

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
275
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
81
I concur. KI can captilize on the fact that most of its players are home for Christmas break. Just like with the Halloween quests, not all areas were accessible unless the player was a paying member. At $9.95, a one month subscription would be so worth keeping the young ones busy while Mommy and Daddy prepare for Christmas(I'm a Daddy, I know). Maybe next year they can have a winter scene in the commons with snow falling, quests being handed out by Frosty(or Rudolph), a Christmas tower where the Halloween tower was and a couple of quests in Colossus Blvd. After all, it's already a winter scene. Good Idea

Michael Raven Heart
Level 52
Grandmaster Necromancer
Daddy Wizard

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
28
totally agree. By the way i am lvl 55 storm. KINGSILE PUT CHRISTMAS QUESTS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!! :-)

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
24
i agree if they do so much for halloween why nothing for christmas! not fair at all KI this is a ripoff

Adam Nighthunter
Level 55 Balance wizard

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
224
I think that Frosty the Snowman should look like the Frostman pet that Felix Navidad sells except with a happy face. The final quest that Frosty hands out will be a quest where you go to a tower on colossus boulevard to defeat Frosty's evil brother(magna man) named Lord Coal along with his sidekick(a gobbler gorger) who has stolen all of the presents, and you must defeat him in order to win them back, and as reward for this quest you will get a Frostman pet, 30xp, and, 45 gold.

Quest name: Were are the Gifts?

Frosty
"All of the gifts that Santa was going to deliver have been stolen, by my evil brother Lord Coal!"

Frosty
"Oh no, this not good. Could you go defeat him on colossus boulevard?"

Frosty
"Please do this for all the young wizards of the Spiral."

Naraiter
"You notice a large pile of presents in the back of the room"

Lord Coal
"HA, HA, HA! So my goodie-two-shoe brother sent you get these presants back hmmm..well you'll have to get threw us first!"

Lord Coal(after you defeat him)
"Noooo..."

Naraiter
"You gather all of the presants in a large sack"

Frosty
"YAY! You did it, and for that you may keep this very special gift"

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
1
i strongly agree and think they should have special qyests 4 all major holidays

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
9
I think that would be a good ideal. Christmas is one of the main holiday's and they have a quest for Halloween so why not Christmas?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
26
corniilius wrote:
I concur. KI can captilize on the fact that most of its players are home for Christmas break. Just like with the Halloween quests, not all areas were accessible unless the player was a paying member. At $9.95, a one month subscription would be so worth keeping the young ones busy while Mommy and Daddy prepare for Christmas(I'm a Daddy, I know). Maybe next year they can have a winter scene in the commons with snow falling, quests being handed out by Frosty(or Rudolph), a Christmas tower where the Halloween tower was and a couple of quests in Colossus Blvd. After all, it's already a winter scene. Good Idea

Michael Raven Heart
Level 52
Grandmaster Necromancer
Daddy Wizard


the idea of christmas quest are great, and can be capitalized on but the weather changes (the snow falling ect) have already been adressed, and proved impossible to do, since some people play in australia and while it is snowing in america in december it is hot over in australia, so you cannot make the weather change unless it is something that does not have to do with global location such as rain.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
24
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1087
Maybe Jack Frost or the Winter Warlock could be some bad guys to fight.

Also, Reindeer Mounts!

Also, that bah humbug guy could be an evil boss too.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
66
I like the idea of Christmas quests. Some of us like to decorate our houses too so holiday craft items would be fun.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
81
Dude, I totaly argee! They should, like make the update on Christmas or someday, but, try to make through, 21st - 26th. I would like that. Also, I would have this quest set out.

Quest : Santa Gone Missing
Exp: 789 Gold: 47 Furniture : ( ? )

Talk to Frosty The Snowman

Frosty : "Hey! Can ya help me out? Santa gone missing! We don't know what happened to him, but we found this!"

* Shows item *

Frosty : "Can ya tell what it is? I have no clue."

You : * Says its a couple of dark snow *

Frosty : "Oh, I thought it was ashes. Anway, I must have a clue who's snow this is."

Frosty : "Its this ruler of my world. He was great, and good. But couple years later, he got mad or something and destoried half of our world."

Frosty : "Anyway, I don't got time to tell a story. I think I know where he is."

Frosty : "He is in a tower in Colossus Boulevard. You'll see, its easy to see, its decorated with dark snow."

You : * Goes to Colossus Boulevard*

You: * Enters tower *

(Voice) : " Well, a visitor?"

* Name is Lord Frost *

Lord Frost : "Going to save Christmas, I see? Well, if you want Santa, you must duel me!"

* Dueling Lord Frost *
Lord Frost : Health : 550 Spells : Ice Beetle, Snow Sernpet, Fire Sheild, Fire Cat, Fire Elf, Ice Snake.

* Lord Frosty Minion *
Snowman : Health : 475 Spells : Ice Beetle, Snow Sernpet, Fire Sheild, Ice Snake, Stun.

Lord Frost ( After defeated him ) : "Well, you have destoried me. Good job, you may have your.. Santa.."

* Talks to Santa *

Santa : "Ho, Ho, Ho! Thank you young child! I shall give you 3 more gifts for Christmas! Ho, Ho, Ho!"

* Goes to Frosty The Snowman *

Frosty : "You saved Santa! Thank you! You also saved Christmas!"

Frosty : "Well, I must go! Thank you Wizard!

* Recieves : Santa Trophy, Present, Gold, and Exp.


Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
47
snow would be nice, but I'm strongly Jewish here. I'd like to see wizard city go through the seasons though.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
mman17 wrote:
Maybe Jack Frost or the Winter Warlock could be some bad guys to fight.

Also, Reindeer Mounts!

Also, that bah humbug guy could be an evil boss too.


The Bah Humbug guy is Scrooge I think. There should be a quest like this:

Frosty: "Young Wizard, I have terrible news. Scrooge and the Grinch are trying to destroy Christmas. Please defeat them. Maybe they will discover the Christmas Magic and love it again."

The Grinch and Scrooge (after you defeat them): "Thank you. We now love Christmas again!"

Something like that...

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
jengo900 wrote:
i agree if they do so much for halloween why nothing for christmas! not fair at all KI this is a ripoff

Adam Nighthunter
Level 55 Balance wizard


"Not fair?" Hmm... see, what I think is "not fair" about this is the complete lack of Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, (insert any Muslim/Hindu/etc. holiday occuring in December here), etc. ornamentation.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
81
@willwolf67

If we do that, we need to get Copyrights. If we don't get Copyrights, and make them, well, KI will get sued... So, I don't think we SHOULD do that. Also, the reindeer mounts, PERFECT! Just for limited time, 23rd - 30th
It last for 3 days...

John Thundercaster lvl 30 Fire, Life, and Ice

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
16
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
81
FoxFyr wrote:
jengo900 wrote:
i agree if they do so much for halloween why nothing for christmas! not fair at all KI this is a ripoff

Adam Nighthunter
Level 55 Balance wizard


"Not fair?" Hmm... see, what I think is "not fair" about this is the complete lack of Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, (insert any Muslim/Hindu/etc. holiday occuring in December here), etc. ornamentation.


How about if KI just posts a few banners saying Merry Christmakwanzaakkah and throws rainbow colors everywhere?