Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Christmas Questing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Hey everyone Sophia here been awhile since I had an aha moment with a great idea. Well one of my friends and me were talking and I said it would be great if they finally had Christmas quest is this year. We have Halloween questing, but Christmas questing? People, in my opinion would go ballistic for it. I have an idea for one: Santa is having magical difficulties in his workshop, depending on your level you go through the different parts of North pole, a whole new world. Where you have trouble with a magical adversary. Now that's just one idea if I have anymore I'll post them, but if you guys have any ideas, tell me about them: The Level, What its Called, and Your ideas for the Quest. See You in the Spiral! Sophia Goldenleaf

Explorer
May 26, 2012
(sorry if i'm wrong)

I think KI doesn't throw christmas parties because not everyone (maybe even some of the workers) celebrates the holiday.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
carebearlover109 on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
(sorry if i'm wrong)

I think KI doesn't throw christmas parties because not everyone (maybe even some of the workers) celebrates the holiday.
I agree with this statement. Maybe a festive non-religious holiday for all will be a good idea :)

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
hi i think that would be great idea sophia Christmas has always been my favorite holiday and i would love to see a Christmas theme quest that would be so much fun and carebearlover109 they do have a party for it ever year they just never had a quest line for it i think that's a really great idea and i hope they do it

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
(sorry if i'm wrong)

Well on you tube some of their employees did do a Christmas carol the twelve days of the spiral, so there could possibly be a few who do celebrate Christmas. Sophia Goldenleaf

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SophiaGoldenleaf on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
Well on you tube some of their employees did do a Christmas carol the twelve days of the spiral, so there could possibly be a few who do celebrate Christmas. Sophia Goldenleaf
yes, but with what, 40 million users world-wide, the game is geared toward the masses. To do that, they will not use "Christmas" but it would be a Winter Holiday thing.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
We do 12 days of the spiral.
Also Wizard101 doesnt do religious matters, we haven't done XMas questing ever, and I am one of the first players of Wizard101, I was beta.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
perhaps they should make a "holiday" based off of the schools in the game. Then, we would have 7 yearly IN GAME holidays. I propose the following dates for holidays in the game (based off of the US calendar, because that's where the company is located):

Balance - July 2nd. The day of the year when there is the exact same amount of days before it AND after it. In 3 out of 4 years, it is the EXACT midpoint day on the calander, balancing the past and future of the current year

Dearth - Sept 22nd. This is considered the first day of fall in the US. This is when the trees and plants start dying due to colder weather. Also, crops are harvested and stored for the winter, keeping people alive, so it fits with the whole life sap theme

Fire - June 21st. This is the first day of summer

Ice - Dec 21. This is the first official day of winter

Life - March 20th. This is the first day of spring

Myth - March 15th. This day is considered a death day to a figure in literature. The Caesars rule has spurned a lot of myths about how things were done back then.

Storm - June 1st. This is considered the start of hurricane season, when strong, destructive storms will be at their worst. This also affects the state where KingsIsle is located heavily

So, there we go. Each school has it's own holiday now, and they could theme packs, or events for each one. I understand the OP's desire to celebrate Christmas in the game, but I feel it would be more content appropriate to celebrate things INSIDE the game, rather than the established holidays OUTSIDE the game. This of course is my $.02 USD and if they come up with an Xmas Event, I'll happily do it

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
(sorry if i'm wrong)

I think this is probably a sensitive subject for that reason but ...

How about Festivus for the Rest of Us!!

For those of you who don't know what this is, watch some episodes of Seinfeld. And as far as bad guys, even though he's primarily associated with Christmas there could be a baddie that's remotely similar to The Grinch.

Granted, there might be copyright issues to deal with for both of these but since KI has made so many references throughout the game to movies, TV shows, popular music etc. maybe this isn't as big a problem as it might seem.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Frankly, I wouldn't like having to do a quest that relates to something that I don't believe in. Especially if it gives good rewards, I would feel forced into it. Something that relates to winter might be a good idea though.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
dayerider on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
perhaps they should make a "holiday" based off of the schools in the game. Then, we would have 7 yearly IN GAME holidays. I propose the following dates for holidays in the game (based off of the US calendar, because that's where the company is located):

Balance - July 2nd. The day of the year when there is the exact same amount of days before it AND after it. In 3 out of 4 years, it is the EXACT midpoint day on the calander, balancing the past and future of the current year

Dearth - Sept 22nd. This is considered the first day of fall in the US. This is when the trees and plants start dying due to colder weather. Also, crops are harvested and stored for the winter, keeping people alive, so it fits with the whole life sap theme

Myth - March 15th. This day is considered a death day to a figure in literature. The Caesars rule has spurned a lot of myths about how things were done back then.

Storm - June 1st. This is considered the start of hurricane season, when strong, destructive storms will be at their worst. This also affects the state where KingsIsle is located heavily

So, there we go. Each school has it's own holiday now, and they could theme packs, or events for each one. I understand the OP's desire to celebrate Christmas in the game, but I feel it would be more content appropriate to celebrate things INSIDE the game, rather than the established holidays OUTSIDE the game. This of course is my $.02 USD and if they come up with an Xmas Event, I'll happily do it
Shouldn't the death holiday be on Halloween? ^^~

Explorer
May 26, 2012
SweetTharmaturgy on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
Shouldn't the death holiday be on Halloween? ^^~
No, because there's already a halloween party (I think you missed it)

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I'd be up for it even if it was something as simple as Dworgyn's Hallowe'en quest. Similar quests for Christmas and Easter would be fun.

Ultimately I think that would be preferred simply because it's a once-per-year thing. Events like Lost Pages and B.O.X.E.S. they can bring back any time, so you have a lot of opportunity to complete them.

It may mean the quest is simple, but I'm ok with that too. I enjoy a challenge, but I also enjoy seeing others having the opportunity to participate in and enjoy these kinds of things. Keeping it lower level will engage more players.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
dayerider on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:

Great Idea
But it excludes those of us living in the Southern Hemisphere where our seasons are reversed but I know the game is geared toward the Northern Hemisphere players so maybe Ki will consider it.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
SophiaGoldenleaf on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone Sophia here been awhile since I had an aha moment with a great idea. Well one of my friends and me were talking and I said it would be great if they finally had Christmas quest is this year. We have Halloween questing, but Christmas questing? People, in my opinion would go ballistic for it. I have an idea for one: Santa is having magical difficulties in his workshop, depending on your level you go through the different parts of North pole, a whole new world. Where you have trouble with a magical adversary. Now that's just one idea if I have anymore I'll post them, but if you guys have any ideas, tell me about them: The Level, What its Called, and Your ideas for the Quest. See You in the Spiral! Sophia Goldenleaf
it shouldn't bee in the north pole it should be in wintertusk

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Admit it - Every day is a holiday when you're playing Wizard 101!!!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
gene945 on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
it shouldn't bee in the north pole it should be in wintertusk
I meant they should create a whole separate world for the season, that only appears during Christmas time.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
SophiaGoldenleaf on Oct 18, 2014 wrote:
I meant they should create a whole separate world for the season, that only appears during Christmas time.
i guess thats fine

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
SophiaGoldenleaf on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
Oh my gosh! I love that idea! I am up for it!
JelliBeans

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
I so agree we need to have something for thanksgiving as well as for christmas too. it would also be nice to have a very nice pet for each of the holidays that are coming up. awesome new pets to kick off the holidays with with beautiful talents to go with. so lets be thinking on this that we could have a great thanksgiving quest along with nice gifts and awesome pet and the same for christmas as well. santa clus nice pet mr and mrs santa claus also a nice to have them to set around the house at christmas also in a nicely moderate size.. the rein deer . some things to think about
sincerely
autumn
death character 66

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
cool idea, like the north pole part. but it might be hard to do thou

Logan Ravenslinger

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
Yeah Good idea their should be chirstmas quests! I know another quest for chirstmas. I know 5 suggestions. I will give you them.

1. There should be a person name steve claws who is santa's brother and he took all the gifts. And you will have to defeat him and get the presents back.

2. You could get gifts buy each house everywhere like Halloween you get gold.

3.Help Santa get gifts back from Steve Santa's brother

4. Put one of Santa's elf's and do his quests somewhere like Jack's brother on Halloween.

5. Help Santa make toys

Tell me if thats good.

Thanks!

Cowan Deathpyre Almost