Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Choosing The Order Cards Appear In Battle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
I am currently a balance wizard by the name of Blaine Gold. Level 28. I'm trying to be the best balance wizard I can, but in the last week or so that I've been a balance wizard, it's been harder than usual for me to fight my enemies. My spells are extremely good, and even better with the proper shields, and order.

However, most of the time that I am in a battle (I am currently working in Marleybone, Grizzleheim, and Wysteria), against the enemies on the streets, with health ranging from 500 to 1,000, I find it increasingly hard to have a properly planned out battle to effectively dispose and defeat my opponents. This also affects me in PvP matches. I've currently participated in one match, losing, due to not being able to cast the correct shields and blades on myself at the needed time. I lost to a death wizard with a slightly lower level than myself.

I'm just going to get to the point, now. I suggest a way for Wizard101 users to be able to select the order of the spells to be used in a battle, or select what spell you'd like to appear before another spell. I hate having the perfect amount of blades, traps, shields, pips, and mana for you to cast an attack spell to completely wipe out your opponent, and the spell makes no appearance, and in place of it are unnecessary heal spells, and other not needed shields, etc. It annoys me to no end.

I can name many things that greatly annoy me in Wizard101 battles, but this issue is on the top 10. Otherwise, I love the battle system, character customization, and pretty much everything about the game. I'd just prefer a few things to be reconsidered and re-organized.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
... Or don't have a huge deck?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Carry less cards. It's hard at lower levels until you have decent damage gear, at higher levels I carry a max of maybe 10-12 cards in my deck so there's always a card ready to cast that works in my setup plan.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Using a small to mid-sized spell deck is definitely helpful. If you're worried about running out of spell cards, train Reshuffle and put a couple of those in so you can keep your spell deck small and organized. (You're Balance, so Reshuffle is free for you! Pick it up in Colossal Blvd, near Mindy Pixiecrown if you don't have it yet.)

Another thing I do is 'calibrate' a new spell deck by going into several low level battles in places like Colossal Blvd or Krokotopia. Draw and discard until you get your spells grouped together the way that you want them. After a while your deck will become more streamlined and present the cards in groupings that you will find useful.

If you find yourself discarding the same card over and over, it's useless. Remove it from your spell deck.

Another tip is, when in battles, if you need to use a particular card alone that you'd otherwise like to keep next to another card, don't discard the one you won't be using until just before you cast the card you're keeping. For example: normally I put a 'Feint' trap up when I use my Judgement, but say there's a battle where I can't use the 'Feint' spell (some cheating bosses don't allow traps). I hang onto the 'Feint' and don't discard it until just before casting the Judgement. That way the two will stay together and should come up together in my hand the next time I battle.

Balance is a great school!
Alia Misthaven
Level 110