Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat system/monitoring rework.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
The basic chat system is just fine, it's kind of difficult to find exactly what you want to say but it's good enough for new players to use. Text chat is okay, but the amount of yellow words that prohibit them from saying almost everything is a little out of hand. I don't quite understand why you're not allowed to type numbers, or words that aren't spelled correctly you're not allowed to say. Open chat, a lot better, have to spend money in order to use it but it's a lot better/easier to use, but...red words. I've ran into issues many time where I accidentally add to many letters onto a word and it turns it into a red word, few minutes later, I'm muted. 2 recent ones have actually gotten me banned for a week, the other day I said the word " 1k " turned into a red word because I didn't expect It to be one. Last night I said the word " Girlll ". That's right, the word girl with 3 L's is a red word, not even 5 minutes after saying it, i was kicked off my account and told I was banned until April 1st. I understand the monetization of chat, there's many things that people can say, but the thing is, this game is over 10 years old now, a vast majority of the players are older now, I can't even tell you if I've ever met a single person in this game under the age of 16. The chat system needs a rework, I've been muted multiple times over a system that makes no sense. I've emailed KI about the incident and was told " While we understand the frustration of not having chat options in the game, we'd like you to keep in mind that KingsIsle Entertainment works very hard to maintain a safe environment for all of our players. We cannot overlook the violation of our rules. " I completely understand, you guys do your best to keep the game friendly and safe for everyone, but the fact I'm still banned after I explained my situation, telling then I was banned over the word " Girlll ", frustrates me so much. Please, please, please, fix this system KI, I agree with the system, but it needs some major updating. If it happens again I'm not sure how long I would be banned for, but something so small and simple about this game, the chat system, is slowly driving me away from playing it.
I'm sorry this was such a long message, please let me know if you've run into issues like this before over the chat system.