Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Character Redesign Elixir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
I know this has been brought up a few times before, but I really think something like this could be useful. I've started the game over several times because I didn't like my wizard. An elixir that allows you to change your character's name, appearance, and gender would be a great way to solve this. I have a wizard I've put hundreds of hours into, Blaze Moonspear, and I've made progress through most of the game. I don't want to have to undo all of that progress just to change my wizard's name and gender (which I have important personal reasons for doing), but I'll have little choice without an elixir like this.

I don't believe that there's much potential for abuse with this either, as the game can simply inform people when someone they're friends with has changed their name or appearance next time they log on. This also doesn't un-ignore people on someone's ignored list. The issue of someone using it too often can be easily mitigated by requiring a waiting period of a month, three months, even a year before purchasing another redesign elixir, and you wouldn't be able to trick people like this because it would let you know when someone has changed their name or appearance. You could even set a minimum level requirement if you're worried about people making new characters just to change them immediately, whatever you feel mitigates any chances of abuse.

I fully understand not wanting people to be able to abuse a feature like this, but if the proper precautions are taken, I truly can't see how something like this would be abused. It would allow people to make their wizards who they want them to be, who they'd be comfortable playing as, without having to either put hundreds of hours into re-doing quests to the point in the game they were before, or being stuck with a wizard that they don't like or aren't comfortable with anymore. As people grow and change, they should be able to change their wizard to match, and the fact that people still can't do that just doesn't make sense to me.