Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

change quest completion system design

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2015
You really need to change how the system works for receiving credit for quest completion if someone dies while on a boss. I died on the very last boss on the very last attack and did not receive any credit for the kill even though I spent over an hour in there helping everyone kill mobs and bosses and only died on the very last attack. This means I wasted over an hour of time plus elixirs and have to run the entire place again simply because the system is designed to reward me if I sit in a battle casting shields on myself the entire time rather than helping and possibly getting killed.

As it stands the system is flawed beyond reason and NEEDS to be fixed! I can understand if a person flee's and is not IN the dungeon to get credit or if they are AFK and not helping; however, if a person is actively helping a group kill a boss then there is no reason not to give them credit for the completion if they are killed during the battle.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
Michael Lifehunter on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
You really need to change how the system works for receiving credit for quest completion if someone dies while on a boss. I died on the very last boss on the very last attack and did not receive any credit for the kill even though I spent over an hour in there helping everyone kill mobs and bosses and only died on the very last attack. This means I wasted over an hour of time plus elixirs and have to run the entire place again simply because the system is designed to reward me if I sit in a battle casting shields on myself the entire time rather than helping and possibly getting killed.

As it stands the system is flawed beyond reason and NEEDS to be fixed! I can understand if a person flee's and is not IN the dungeon to get credit or if they are AFK and not helping; however, if a person is actively helping a group kill a boss then there is no reason not to give them credit for the completion if they are killed during the battle.
This is just one of the challenges of boss battles. You need to keep everyone alive till the very end. Otherwise, people wouldn't need to watch their health as much on the final battle. You go in as a team alive, you come out as team alive.

Quinn Spellslinger

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I agree with PrancingPoet. It is unfortunate that this happened to you and I can so relate to your frustration. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me and then to have to go through it all over again, but that is how the game is. You need to be alive at the end of the duel in order to get the reward/credit. I suggest letting yourself take a break from it for a few hours or day and then go at it again.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Michael Lifehunter on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:

Hint hint if you pollymorth when your about to die it would count as you losing if you die and you still get credit idk if thats a glitch