Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia's Hidden Twin

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I hadn't thought much of Celestia, after all I took a break from W101 part-way through Dragonspyre, but when I was playing through it I spotted amazing storyline especially in Stormriven. During the quest 'Celestian Leftovers', it's said 'Aeons later, we are still locked in a war we cannot win... two warring planets orbiting an ever-burning sun.'. Now this could have been Khrysalis, that's it, case closed. But that doesn't answer many questions I still have about Celestia. Where are the Dragonspyre warriors in Khrysalis? How could Celestia have a sister planet? What the heck was Axenos? So, like all things, I over-thought it.

Celestia was once prosperous, a wonderful place of Astral magic and peace. But then Morganthe wanted to steal that magic herself, she grew jealous, and attacked Celestia to steal its secrets. The Celestians were strong, but the Titan ally betrayed them and sunk them under the ocean; never to be seen again. Except the Floating Land, but whatever; Water Moles beat Titans!

That's pretty much the story, but what also intrigues me about the text is that it clearly mentions the that Celestia orbits, but doesn't mention any or . And that brings me on to yet another unanswered question about Celestia. If you check the Wiki, then there are 8 creatures labelled as 'Celestian'. 6 of them are the strange but cool-looking aliens with the crescent shields. 1 is Astraeus, the other is Mithraya. Why are the last two so different? I'm unsure about Astraeus and he can remain a mystery for now, but Mithraya? The boss has a certainly extravagant design. So what's the relevance?

She is the Sun's Spirit. That's how I picture her. She knows all of the schools, is a creature, is found in the Sanctum of the Sun. But also, she seems tired and angry that someone has disturbed her. Almost as if the two warring planets had irritated her; the 'ever-burning sun'. Also, her name even hints at her being sun-related. Mithra was the god of cattle, harvest and of 'The Waters'. The first two are like , and the last is specific and certainly . Another thought of mine is that she herself asked the Storm Titan to sink Celestia in the hopes that it would end the war; but to leave the Floating Land as the Water Moles had done nothing wrong.

From Coruscade to Mithraya, Celestia is truly unique and hiding many secrets. So what say we explore some of them. The 3rd Arc has begun, Morganthe is defeated and Old Cob & his children are the worries now. But wouldn't it be an interesting coincidence if we had to go back to the Celestian System to retrieve some form of -weapon Morganthe left behind as a failsafe? And wouldn't it also be nice to finally have Mithraya as an ally rather than foe?

I'd say KI, you definitely left plenty of loose ends in Celestia, and it would be nice of you to tie them up. Also, I'd say just pay attention to this first post; as I'm probably going to go mad and detail the whole world in replies. Until next time guys.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 16, 2015 wrote:
I hadn't thought much of Celestia, after all I took a break from W101 part-way through Dragonspyre, but when I was playing through it I spotted amazing storyline especially in Stormriven. During the quest 'Celestian Leftovers', it's said 'Aeons later, we are still locked in a war we cannot win... two warring planets orbiting an ever-burning sun.'. Now this could have been Khrysalis, that's it, case closed. But that doesn't answer many questions I still have about Celestia. Where are the Dragonspyre warriors in Khrysalis? How could Celestia have a sister planet? What the heck was Axenos? So, like all things, I over-thought it.

Celestia was once prosperous, a wonderful place of Astral magic and peace. But then Morganthe wanted to steal that magic herself, she grew jealous, and attacked Celestia to steal its secrets. The Celestians were strong, but the Titan ally betrayed them and sunk them under the ocean; never to be seen again. Except the Floating Land, but whatever; Water Moles beat Titans!

That's pretty much the story, but what also intrigues me about the text is that it clearly mentions the that Celestia orbits, but doesn't mention any or . And that brings me on to yet another unanswered question about Celestia. If you check the Wiki, then there are 8 creatures labelled as 'Celestian'. 6 of them are the strange but cool-looking aliens with the crescent shields. 1 is Astraeus, the other is Mithraya. Why are the last two so different? I'm unsure about Astraeus and he can remain a mystery for now, but Mithraya? The boss has a certainly extravagant design. So what's the relevance?

She is the Sun's Spirit. That's how I picture her. She knows all of the schools, is a creature, is found in the Sanctum of the Sun. But also, she seems tired and angry that someone has disturbed her. Almost as if the two warring planets had irritated her; the 'ever-burning sun'. Also, her name even hints at her being sun-related. Mithra was the god of cattle, harvest and of 'The Waters'. The first two are like , and the last is specific and certainly . Another thought of mine is that she herself asked the Storm Titan to sink Celestia in the hopes that it would end the war; but to leave the Floating Land as the Water Moles had done nothing wrong.

From Coruscade to Mithraya, Celestia is truly unique and hiding many secrets. So what say we explore some of them. The 3rd Arc has begun, Morganthe is defeated and Old Cob & his children are the worries now. But wouldn't it be an interesting coincidence if we had to go back to the Celestian System to retrieve some form of -weapon Morganthe left behind as a failsafe? And wouldn't it also be nice to finally have Mithraya as an ally rather than foe?

I'd say KI, you definitely left plenty of loose ends in Celestia, and it would be nice of you to tie them up. Also, I'd say just pay attention to this first post; as I'm probably going to go mad and detail the whole world in replies. Until next time guys.
I said my detail would go mad, I did not lie. What would the opposite of a peaceful, intelligent and astrological society be? A warring, foolish and single-minded race. Ptolemos was and looked just like almost all Celestians we encounter, who also use crescent shields. From what we've learnt about Celestians from the remnants in Stormriven at least is that they look like the boss. I said Mithraya would be unique as the Spirit; so Astraeus & ? That's what would await us at Eos.

Eos was a beautiful planet, covered in green lands and sapphire seas, with a perfect view of the stars. In fact, it was so perfect, that every year they aligned to form the shape of the First World. They sought out the magic the stars held, but were unsuccessful. So they asked Celestia repeatedly for secrets, but Celestia was, despite their reputation, quite selfish and withheld the information for fear it may be used for war. Then Morganthe fled from Avalon is search of dark magic, and stumbled upon the legends of Celestia. She even found obscure sources naming Eos, the Planet of Dawn, and how all it would take was an idea to start a war for the secrets of Astral Magic. She asked Celestia first, of course, but she was denied as she had expected. So she instead took her army to Eos and set up a base on half of the planet, an unused place for Eos' inhabitants seldom spread out.

I said Eos was beautiful, as Morganthe destroyed it with help from the warring Celestians while she desperately sought the magic held in the system. Mithraya saw the war and recognised the leaders and the most powerful allies on either side: Morganthe and the Storm Titan. Morganthe was not easily persuaded, so Mithraya instead sent the Storm Titan to sink Celestia beneath the waves, and the war, for the most part, stopped.

But Morganthe was not done with that place, and so when she became the Shadow Queen of Khrysalis, she sent an artefact of her power back to Eos, to be guarded by only her most trusted men.