Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cancelling Side-Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2018
I'm sure most of the community can relate with all the side-quests we pick up (or accidently) and it clogs so much of the quest log that it takes up like 20+ pages. I suggest there should be a way to close out these quests, maybe with a little button or icon on the quests. I am not sure if this would be difficult to implement (or why it may haven't been already?)

Thanks for reading

Defender
May 11, 2013
Please refer to EVERY other time this has been asked, including just recently, It has Not and Will NOT, Be added because as one of the devs stated and I am pretty sure it was greyrose at the time, " when you take on a quest, it is considered a contract, therefore we will not allow this feature"

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
JakeJG1999 on Apr 21, 2020 wrote:
I'm sure most of the community can relate with all the side-quests we pick up (or accidently) and it clogs so much of the quest log that it takes up like 20+ pages. I suggest there should be a way to close out these quests, maybe with a little button or icon on the quests. I am not sure if this would be difficult to implement (or why it may haven't been already?)

Thanks for reading
This topic seems to be coming up about every couple of weeks or so. Some SPELL and PET quests require the player to do SIDE QUESTS. If you don't have them or do them, it will stop your progress in obtaining further school spells and pets.

KI has stated this is one thing they won't do. If you don't want to do the side quests, then don't accept them but they are not removable.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2018
DragonLady1818 on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
This topic seems to be coming up about every couple of weeks or so. Some SPELL and PET quests require the player to do SIDE QUESTS. If you don't have them or do them, it will stop your progress in obtaining further school spells and pets.

KI has stated this is one thing they won't do. If you don't want to do the side quests, then don't accept them but they are not removable.
I was not aware that this topic has been already covered until after I submitted this post. I understand that there are pet and spell quests that are essential and important. However, grabbing quests (my MMO subconscious) all through the worlds up to Azteca? Please refer to my 20 page quest log. I don't think there are some quests that *must* be kept in, such as find the history books in Marleybone/Mooshu. I'm pretty sure there can some sort of in-between KI can negotiate or implement.

Furthermore, I am not pressing this issue as its' more of an inconvenience than a game-breaking bug. If this topic keeps recurring, however, than maybe there should be more investigations about it.

I understand KI wants to promote the quests as "contracts" but this isn't a game like Hitman and you're obliged to do these. The only matter that is consistently an annoyance and a dampener on quests is the fact I cannot defer from which quests go into pet or spell quests (after the fact that you get assigned it.)

I hope to receive more attention to this topic as it would be a huge slice-of-life feature.

Thanks for replying, and I hope this discussion continues to grow.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
JakeJG1999 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
I was not aware that this topic has been already covered until after I submitted this post. I understand that there are pet and spell quests that are essential and important. However, grabbing quests (my MMO subconscious) all through the worlds up to Azteca? Please refer to my 20 page quest log. I don't think there are some quests that *must* be kept in, such as find the history books in Marleybone/Mooshu. I'm pretty sure there can some sort of in-between KI can negotiate or implement.

Furthermore, I am not pressing this issue as its' more of an inconvenience than a game-breaking bug. If this topic keeps recurring, however, than maybe there should be more investigations about it.

I understand KI wants to promote the quests as "contracts" but this isn't a game like Hitman and you're obliged to do these. The only matter that is consistently an annoyance and a dampener on quests is the fact I cannot defer from which quests go into pet or spell quests (after the fact that you get assigned it.)

I hope to receive more attention to this topic as it would be a huge slice-of-life feature.

Thanks for replying, and I hope this discussion continues to grow.
One of the main reasons is the fact that players will delete these side quests and sometime down the road, they realize they need many of them in sequence in order to complete a spell or pet quest. At that point said player/s is going to be contacting support for help in finding and restoring those same quests. Chances are that when you delete a quest, it may also remove any chance of just going back through the worlds and tracking them down with quest helper.

Those same requests sent to Support are going to create a massive bottleneck in getting actual problems resolved.

Unless you are heavily involved in all the "EVENTS" KI has been adding to the game, most players should have ample time to knock some of them out.

The only quests that are specifically tagged with stars at the top are main story quests. The only way to get info from the other quests is to click on the upper left corner of the quest. It will then give you the dialog from receiving the quest.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2018
DragonLady1818 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
One of the main reasons is the fact that players will delete these side quests and sometime down the road, they realize they need many of them in sequence in order to complete a spell or pet quest. At that point said player/s is going to be contacting support for help in finding and restoring those same quests. Chances are that when you delete a quest, it may also remove any chance of just going back through the worlds and tracking them down with quest helper.

Those same requests sent to Support are going to create a massive bottleneck in getting actual problems resolved.

Unless you are heavily involved in all the "EVENTS" KI has been adding to the game, most players should have ample time to knock some of them out.

The only quests that are specifically tagged with stars at the top are main story quests. The only way to get info from the other quests is to click on the upper left corner of the quest. It will then give you the dialog from receiving the quest.
I understand that some quests need to be cleared so other quests can open. However, I am not here to argue but only the to suggest and explain the idea and the mentality for this.

As I stated before, I would like the concept of cancelling some quests in however way KI can implement it. I understand some pet quests (crafting, gardening, and even training point quests) must be kept. but I am wondering if there was a (fair) way to develop or to approach this idea.

Thank you for your time, and I hope that you have a great time in-game!

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
A "possible" solution might be a hide "off-world" side quests option selector.
You always see all your main quests

If hide "off-world" side quests option is selected:
You only see (the current world you are in), accepted side quests.
Remember You can only hide them, not delete them.
So if you get confused you can always unselect the hide option.
If I am in mooshu, I will see all my main quests and "only" the mooshu side quests.
The only wrinkle is if a quest giver gives you a off world side quest,
KI or you may need to reset the selector option to off/unhide.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2018
dylan stronghand on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
A "possible" solution might be a hide "off-world" side quests option selector.
You always see all your main quests

If hide "off-world" side quests option is selected:
You only see (the current world you are in), accepted side quests.
Remember You can only hide them, not delete them.
So if you get confused you can always unselect the hide option.
If I am in mooshu, I will see all my main quests and "only" the mooshu side quests.
The only wrinkle is if a quest giver gives you a off world side quest,
KI or you may need to reset the selector option to off/unhide.
That sounds like a great idea! Although some of the spell quests that require you going to different wolds, that might be a good alternative