Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we please have a Youthening Potion?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I have focused on my main character for so long I've forgotten the feeling of playing my lower characters. When I go back to them, I'd like to be able to play from the very beginning, without the hassle of emptying their packs, bank, and attic and moving their vaults and houses and >.< pets.

One little elixir taking off all their spells, xp, and emptying their quest-book would fix that.
School pets don't matter for levels anymore as we can get them on lower levels in the hatchery.
Houses don't matter as we can pass houses to brand new characters through the shared bank now.
Gardening doesn't matter because it's quest dependent as is Pet Hatching.

I can't think of a reason it would be a problem.

Please think about it. Ty :D

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Helenie Nightseer on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:
I have focused on my main character for so long I've forgotten the feeling of playing my lower characters. When I go back to them, I'd like to be able to play from the very beginning, without the hassle of emptying their packs, bank, and attic and moving their vaults and houses and >.< pets.

One little elixir taking off all their spells, xp, and emptying their quest-book would fix that.
School pets don't matter for levels anymore as we can get them on lower levels in the hatchery.
Houses don't matter as we can pass houses to brand new characters through the shared bank now.
Gardening doesn't matter because it's quest dependent as is Pet Hatching.

I can't think of a reason it would be a problem.

Please think about it. Ty :D
Ah the quest for eternal youth! I'd like an elixir of youth irl

I guess the real solution would be an improved inventory management system and more user-friendly storage...but I think we might be waiting on that until the cows come home lol.

I'm not sure how much demand there would be for this elixir, but if there is a market for it I don't see why it would be a problem to add it... just because a wizard has been over-looked for a little while doesn't mean they're not still loved

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on Jan 12, 2019 wrote:
Ah the quest for eternal youth! I'd like an elixir of youth irl

I guess the real solution would be an improved inventory management system and more user-friendly storage...but I think we might be waiting on that until the cows come home lol.

I'm not sure how much demand there would be for this elixir, but if there is a market for it I don't see why it would be a problem to add it... just because a wizard has been over-looked for a little while doesn't mean they're not still loved
I hope lower demand wouldn't be an issue. It's still money KI doesn't have now. If they didn't want to mess with the
Crown Shop elixirs a card would be good.

The card could be set up so it was:
  • online only -- no printing, no stocking stores, available everywhere
  • one restart per existing character
  • * or cheap but only applicable to 1 character 1 time
  • * or moderately priced and only applicable to 1 character or character slot BUT that one can be reversed any number of times.
  • all the items on the character now would be attached to some part of their code that's not allowed to change - so no matter what change happens when the "younger" character wakes up or the "new character" wakes up all their stuff is still in place.

A lot of people want to be able to change Name, Gender, Appearance & Primary School without losing their character's levels and stuff, too, so if they add my request, I hope there will be a version that allows that too.

I don't know how it works now, but if the character roster was identified by numbers 1-6 character's items could be assigned to the slot they occupy rather than themselves. In that case it wouldn't matter if we'd changed EVERYTHING about the character. Doing the Delete Character process would clear the memory attached to the slot number. But doing this Youthening or if more change is allowed maybe a "Glamouring" process, wouldn't clear the memory of item inventory attached to the slot, just everything else - appearance, gender, name - but when they open their book the backpack is filled with all the same stuff as before, houses, dorms, banks, attics, gardens, pets --all as before. If they want to do both they'd have to buy both - reverse age and then erase appearance etc.

We can already accomplish most of this with a lot of time and effort & delete re-create character. I just want to pay KI so I can just play. Youthening could be one low price and Glamouring a high price.