Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we get daily quests? Something to do?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
I don't know about other 70s, but making new characters gets boring after a while. In many of my posts I make reference to WoW. This time I will again. We need something to do, in WoW when you are max lvl they always have things to do, they have many daily quests to do. They alsou have many holiday quests that are not as eqsy as a five minute thing near Halloween. There are also tons of good gear given in different dungeons and such, they always have dailies. i want that in wiz. I like wiz way more than WoW. And would love for ths stuff to be brought into the game. There are probably many problems with my idea and I would love for you to point them out as well as any comments you have about the idea.

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
well, it would delay their creation of new worlds and such, maybe /instead of daily, weekly.

as for stuff you can do until that happens:
crafting
farming, for gear, furniture, and pets.
train all your pets
hatch
redo dungeons, (there's always helephant and waterworks for towers)
garden
make your houses perfectly decorated
collect gold to buy some school houses
adopt-a-noob (something i thought of, reccomend a text chat noob, and you, well, follow them and help them with quests. or just like a grandmaster help them finish up)
go back around worlds, see if you missed anything questwise.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Daily quests,and secret unique quests that change as players stumble across them are an excellent way to invigorate the player base. Good suggestion.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Ok, right away I can see this would take a whole lot of programming. It would starve Kingsisle for money that could be put towards new updates. Also, we already can do PvP and farming to occupy ourselves.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
I think that is a good idea, but the Wizard101 team already have to think of hundreds of quests and storylines. Another thing is, where would the daily quests lead to?
Or there could be the idea of raising the level cap to 100, and once you reach that level you graduate from the spiral and go to a different school that you have to save from evil or something. Merle Ambrose could take you there to save it. I don't know, random idea?/
That way you wouldn't run out of anything to do! But the daily quest thing might get boring just doing quests for nothing, especially if you don't need money to spend on things for battles. What do you think about my idea?

Amber LegendBlade
Level 58
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
there are plenty of things to do. This is not, nor should it ever be, WoW. Daily quests would take too much programming, wasting time and server space that could be put to much better use...say with developing new worlds so the level cap can be raised again. This all takes time.

Defender
May 13, 2009
I totoally agree with your idea. By doing this, wizards will allways look forward to play and have something to do everyday!

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Magico2579 wrote:
I think that is a good idea, but the Wizard101 team already have to think of hundreds of quests and storylines. Another thing is, where would the daily quests lead to?
Or there could be the idea of raising the level cap to 100, and once you reach that level you graduate from the spiral and go to a different school that you have to save from evil or something. Merle Ambrose could take you there to save it. I don't know, random idea?/
That way you wouldn't run out of anything to do! But the daily quest thing might get boring just doing quests for nothing, especially if you don't need money to spend on things for battles. What do you think about my idea?

Amber LegendBlade
Level 58
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Good idea. You would get gold and reagents maybe mounts for hard holiday quests. Everyone else, one there is no more gear to farm and 2 pvp is getting boring considering I have 2 warlords and. Commander. I know I seem to be particularly picky and that is understandable, but daily quest meaning you fight some mobs. A boss who cheats and you get points for doing them. Then you can buy things with the points. At least at certain times of the year let us have something to do. I understand most of you find things to do while I can't and maybe this is because I played WoW and am not used to doing nothing. Idk. Tell me what you think. The weekly quest thing is a good idea too.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
i realize it would supposedly take a lot of programming, but the daily quests could be the same every other day. I am not a programmer and obviously don't know how hard this would be to make happen, but the way i see it it would only be a few quests here and there that we could do everyday. there could be like three quests that you do everyday, same ones, but occupies us. Waterworks and helephant are great and all, but sometimes i dont wanna waste 3 hours on helephant or an hour on waterworks when i have everything to get from them. As usual i seem to be picky and i am aware of that, but put the programming issue aside what do you think. i like the criticism it helps me see how hard it must be for KI to do things considering most of it takes a lot of programming. Ty or the thoughts keep em coming.
Sean Fireblood
See you in the spiral

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
I think kingisle gets about well... lets say 5 million subscirbers pay yearly...

thats about 300 million a year, or 30 million

30 million is enough to run a game,
but considering a team
lets say 1 million a month for employees and maintenance

12 million
that makes 18 million.

And then well....

there a lote mor but they have money!!!!!!!!!

i think.. :O

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
Well as long as they made the quest give out different items when we finished it I'd be down for something daily. Like perhaps something random from one of the new packs?

It would keep me logging on everyday considering everyone I know is taking a break now that they finished Zafaria. :/

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
SoarinOC wrote:
Well as long as they made the quest give out different items when we finished it I'd be down for something daily. Like perhaps something random from one of the new packs?

It would keep me logging on everyday considering everyone I know is taking a break now that they finished Zafaria. :/

Totally what I was going for.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
magicintheair wrote:
well, it would delay their creation of new worlds and such, maybe /instead of daily, weekly.

crafting
train all your pets
hatch
garden
adopt-a-noob (something i thought of, reccomend a text chat noob, and you, well, follow them and help them with quests. or just like a grandmaster help them finish up)

OK that is true. I'm myself getting bored and are doing these things. I am also going out with friends and doing old bosses from all the worlds maybe ill do max boss then ill do the wizard city only bosses then ill do golem tower I never know. If you are bored do old bosses to try to get pets then get that pet to epic and repeat. that is what i recommend.

Hope i could help,
Valdus Darkcaster

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Magico2579 wrote:

Amber LegendBlade
Level 58
Grandmaster Pyromancer

I believe that raising the level cap nor adding quests is the solution here. I have a few several posts in which I mentioned this. I believe the solution to end-game boredom is tweaking the game to where older content becomes 'fresh' again.

For example. Make random encounters worth something. The sole existence of monsters, after completion of quests and after reaching level cap becomes absolutely moot. Except in dungeons, I suppose. What are they there for other than to decorate the game? Even outside quests, before finishing the stories, monsters are a waste of time. There is just so much more that can be done with them! (Been hinting at this ever since... ever.)

My idea for end-game is merits. After reaching maximum level, accumulating a certain amount of points will allow a wizard to slightly modify his/her stats. Of course, that would be made so it would take a good long time to do so, to prevent players from simply and mindlessly grinding themselves to God mode. A certain cap to the increases is also an option.

And that could be done by simply fighting the monsters in random encounters, finally giving them a purpose. The exp/merit points would not even have to be adjusted from the regular exp one normally gets.

The stats one would get to modify could be Health, mana, crit, block, piercing, resistance, accuracy, power pip %, and spell damage. Or, abilities could be added, such as exclusive spells that could be unlocked, or passive abilities, or even pet talents that can be unlocked, that a player can use once to replace an old unwanted talent.

Anyway, the potential for that is almost limitless, without adding mindless quests, and without simply increasing the level cap.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
What I meant by daily quests was not a new quest everyday. Just to clarify a daily quest is something that you can do everyday. Let's take a good idea I had as an example. A crafting daily. You have to find a certain amount of reagents and bring them to the quest giver. In return you gain maybe a potion that reduces crafting time, some gold, maybe a pack. Another type of not daily per say ,but something to do is holiday quests. Which I know would ake a lot of programming so don't right me off just yet. Of course it may never happen and probably won't, but holiday quests would be nice. And don't tell me the two quests a t Halloween is a good amount of holiday quests because it not lol. If we had more things like that with better rewards all the time I feel we would be more interested. Just a thought

See you in the spiral!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
rest wrote:
magicintheair wrote:

crafting
train all your pets
hatch
garden

OK that is true. I'm myself getting bored and are doing these things. I am also going out with friends and doing old bosses from all the worlds maybe ill do max boss then ill do the wizard city only bosses then ill do golem tower I never know. If you are bored do old bosses to try to get pets then get that pet to epic and repeat. that is what i recommend.

Hope i could help,
Valdus Darkcaster
You forgot PvP. And I call it helping, not adopt-a-noob.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
I like the reagent quest ideas. It would give the crafters some more to do if we are done crafting.

P.S. nice numbers in your username SEAN638 (mine are the same)

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
no, that would starve KI out of money, as a player said, it wouldnt be worth it because we have a bunch of other things to do

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
I understand what some of what people have been saying, but how would adding one or two quests that stay THE SAME EVERYDAY do this? If thats the case then a new world would almost kill KI if thats the logic you are going by. Just to clarify once more, a daily quest is THE SAME QUEST EVERYDAY. I don't think you guys realize this. If you do, you need to make your points more valid because if two quests starves KI for money than a new world might as well knock the buisness off the map. Ty for all the thoughts, i dont want a battle between the people aginst the idea, but i want sheer points that make sense. I hope to keep hearing comments about this topic. TY in advance

See you in the spiral!

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
I have another idea a little different from the daily quest idea. There could be pvp weekends. In this pvp weekend you have to defeat certain schools in pvp. if you succesfully beat all of the required schools, go to Dueling diego and you can get arena tickets. The pvp weekends only last for one weekend and they are only on certain weeks, maybe once or twice a month. Just another thought. what do you guys think

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
SEAN638 wrote:
I have another idea a little different from the daily quest idea. There could be pvp weekends. In this pvp weekend you have to defeat certain schools in pvp. if you succesfully beat all of the required schools, go to Dueling diego and you can get arena tickets. The pvp weekends only last for one weekend and they are only on certain weeks, maybe once or twice a month. Just another thought. what do you guys think

See you in the spiral!
I disagree with this too, unfortunately. It would cause problems if someone doesn't fight the right school in time.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
bionaknight wrote:
SEAN638 wrote:

See you in the spiral!
I disagree with this too, unfortunately. It would cause problems if someone doesn't fight the right school in time.

I saw that coming and understand, maybe you would have to win lets say 3 games in XvX. Or in a PvP weekend a win will grant you slighty more arena tickets as well as a loss would, but not as drastically as a win. maybe 30%

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Can i get proffessors on this please? i would like to know what you think about this idea. You guys know what is hard and not hard to make happen. So would this be extremely hard to make reality, or is this something more average. I doubt it's minor, but i would really like to know what the proffessors have to say

I hope to hear from you guys soon

See you in the spiral

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I think a weekly would be great. Make it like a scavenger hunt or defeat *xx* number of *insert bad guys*.... rewards would be gold, or treasure cards of some sort. I think it should be restricted to 70's though (Simply because there is already so much to do in this wonderful game, and 70's really don't have that much to do once the towers and Mirror Lake are finished.)... And given by Ambrose, or maybe some random Zafarian character.