Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can ice get more crit block on wands...?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
If critical been going down critical blocks been disappearing, and for ice that's a big no no, we're supposed to give up damage for defense and critical block but all I'm seeing is critical block going the way of the dodo, extinct. Yes we still have our health, but when the mobs start chaining criticals and we can't defend against them that starts to become less of a bonus. So can we please see more critical block on gear? specifically where its nowhere to be found unless its an old wand that's been upgraded in a pack? I don't wanna have to buy my block I want the option to earn it, just saying block counts, especially for Ice, and I would like to see its return.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
piratical505 on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
If critical been going down critical blocks been disappearing, and for ice that's a big no no, we're supposed to give up damage for defense and critical block but all I'm seeing is critical block going the way of the dodo, extinct. Yes we still have our health, but when the mobs start chaining criticals and we can't defend against them that starts to become less of a bonus. So can we please see more critical block on gear? specifically where its nowhere to be found unless its an old wand that's been upgraded in a pack? I don't wanna have to buy my block I want the option to earn it, just saying block counts, especially for Ice, and I would like to see its return.
In some cases, we needed some offensive boost.... But yeah we are the ironclad brick wall class... What we need is a new athame with 5% universal resist (ice school only) I know we have the Heartstrings, but ice... The resist class, should be able to farm one higher level, even if it's Avalon level..... Id be set if it was even mooshu lvl... Honestly just better... But if you casted tower shield that removes 50% of any hit... A critical is just double a hit... So in some cases, a Tshield is our critical block... Add 50 universe resist.. and we walk with a tower shield

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
you and me both, and many others too.

block and resist are both dead under the new system; defensive strategies are null and void, so you've gotta just keep hitting and hope that the enemies die before you do.

the worst part is, this 'improvement' (and i use that term facetiously) was positioned as a boon to players, when in fact it was exactly the opposite: boss and mob critical/block remains unchanged and only players were nerfed.

you didn't mention your level, but there is gear in mirage and empyrea that 'works' with the new meta, even if it's still pretty bad. if you want block, you have to give up all of your other stats; this new system was poorly implemented, a mess in theory, and a total trainwreck in practice.

i don't play ice too often, but my main wizard (balance) was built for survivability (as my time zone and playable hours mean that i have to solo most things): she has lower damage than your average balance wizard, but compensated for that with a ton of pierce plus big defensive stats like resist and block. i had 64% critical and 72% block pre-nerf; now, i have just 28% and 33%, respectively, meaning that my stats are half/a third of what they were at level 60.

as always, the best wands come from hoard packs, but i don't know of any other gear in them that's worth it.

remember when leveling up was something we looked forward to? well, those days are gone. now, we're punished for leveling up via extreme stat decay and no way to compensate for it; it's unlikely they'll change it though, as people have been complaining about it since it rolled out 2 years ago and nothing has been done.

in the meantime, just boost your damage as high as it will go and hope for the best.

-von

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
I wished the revered crafting wands gave some decent crit and block as well to make it more "Worth It" to craft rather than having to craft it to level up in crafting. Still to this day, the Terrors Hoard Pack wands are still the top notch wand in the game and it's what everyone needs to match with the crit and block chance at their exalted level. I don't think it should be for JUST ice. I think all schools need this especially that we are leveling up more, and out crit and block chances are decreasing since darkmoor

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
I just wish we had block.....Hmmm actually that gives me an idea, there's this new stat called "pip conversion" , its a really new and great stat! but you know, I might just be willing to GET RID OF IT in exchange for some proper block. You know just switch out the stat on the new craftable ice wand to crit block instead of pip conversion. Hey, in fact, I just had another great idea! it would be a fun experiment if we did the same thing to all ice gear!

Jokes aside, I just want to be able to block the monsters when they critical, because, ya know, ice is supposed to be a tank class. The weird thing is, those wands all have square sockets on them, but those max out at 8 crit block (universal), and that's at level 125. At level 100, we were given wands with 100 crit block, and they upgrade old wands to give 120 crit block, probably 130 when part 2 of empyrea comes out. To whom does this make any sense whatsoever? I kind of get what the plan is, remember shadow trickster came out and that spell grants 60% critical and lets you steal pips, so its a pretty big indicator they wanna have shadow spells take over the old stats positions. Problem with that?

That means we have to wait until we get a shadow pip to be able to defend ourselves, and that its only temporary, if you want sentinel to replace gear, That's not going to last. I can't be spamming a spell and then taking damage from it every 3 turns in addition to my enemies attacks. Remember sentinel only increases resist by 10% its block that gets the boost, so I would still take if my opponent blade stacks, which they do often. In summation, please kingsisle, give defensive stats back to the defensive class of your game.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Good point I don't disagree.

However, I would say no school enjoys that much anymore. But be patient if K I keeps on the game will get Nerfed so much you will come out on top because you will have the most life.
Personally I wish they would quit changing the game. It is most unpleasant.
I read where people don't feel like that get good gear because they don't have crowns to spend. I would say farming is the way to go. If you do ya research you can do it. It takes time. It is like rolling dice sometimes your number hits and sometimes it don't. I farmed darkmoor like 25 times for a hat. When I got o Polaris I got a hat first try.

The big take away is enjoy enjoy enjoy.
Play your game what you enjoy.
Never want what others have. I personally on ICE like that you can Immune to schools. My Ice is Immune to all but shadow.
High life and high resist you can fight a while of course except in PVP. Because the high resist i guess is not fair to other schools.

Bye Peeps

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Sorry Peeps,

I just noticed I could search for the word Critical, or Critical Changes.
Previously It was a hot topic. Now if you search to read and try to learn or see what others say. It appears to be unavailable.

Interesting,

You see conversations prior to and a few after.

Bye Peeps

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
MADISON461J on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
Good point I don't disagree.

However, I would say no school enjoys that much anymore. But be patient if K I keeps on the game will get Nerfed so much you will come out on top because you will have the most life.
Personally I wish they would quit changing the game. It is most unpleasant.
I read where people don't feel like that get good gear because they don't have crowns to spend. I would say farming is the way to go. If you do ya research you can do it. It takes time. It is like rolling dice sometimes your number hits and sometimes it don't. I farmed darkmoor like 25 times for a hat. When I got o Polaris I got a hat first try.

The big take away is enjoy enjoy enjoy.
Play your game what you enjoy.
Never want what others have. I personally on ICE like that you can Immune to schools. My Ice is Immune to all but shadow.
High life and high resist you can fight a while of course except in PVP. Because the high resist i guess is not fair to other schools.

Bye Peeps
no school right now can hit immunity, highest is probably 70% unless you have Jade gear, which then any school can become immune, not jjust ice, they just get it easier

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
I did not say that other schools could not. Wow. This should be on the what Annoys me post.
Once again someone who don't know the facts about your wizard sticking their nose in.
My Ice wiz is immune to all schools except shadow.
I hate when people think they are know it alls.
I have a great pet with several high resist and no i do use jade gear for all my immunity.

I don't need to tell you. If your at all a decent wiz you could figure it out. If not keep thinking that you know it all.

Enjoy your ice wiz

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
When infact its the total opposite lols more block and resist you must be losing it and every ice bias school lovers aswell am glad their is even a slightest way to make ice vunerable. NERF ICE ;) btw the block system affects every school not just ice. and ice has the highest based block in the game so think about them also before poiting to other schools