Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying Zones with Crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2013
i know that some people buy like, a hundred items with their crowns and then, they're all gone!
And what if they were planning on using them to buy zones but they progress at normal speed with
the crown shop taunting them to buy crown items!
Well that sometimes happens to me. I think you should be able to buy zones BEFORE you reach the zone.
I think we should be able to do that. I want to see if you think that would be a good idea.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think a good option for this would be to have 2 options on new areas. One for the price to buy just that zone, and another to buy all remaining zones in this spiral world. The remaining zones price would adjust depending on how many remaining unbought zones there were on the account.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
It's not KI's job to keep you from being tempted. It's actually their job to tempt you, because if you spend all your crowns on cool weapons you'll have to buy more to progress.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I don't really understand why people buy zones with crowns anyway. You'd have to play for several years before paying for a monthly subscription cost anywhere near as much as buying all zones with crowns. And with a subscription you get the bigger backpack and sped up cooldown timers.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Awesomedude8910 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
i know that some people buy like, a hundred items with their crowns and then, they're all gone!
And what if they were planning on using them to buy zones but they progress at normal speed with
the crown shop taunting them to buy crown items!
Well that sometimes happens to me. I think you should be able to buy zones BEFORE you reach the zone.
I think we should be able to do that. I want to see if you think that would be a good idea.
I think a membership is a better idea.
But if you really want crowns, then try to teleport to your friends when they are in worlds you haven't been to. It will tell you that you need to buy it.
Myrna DragoncloudGrandmaster
"The Purifier"

Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
I think it is smarter to buy a zone with crowns because it unlocks it forever on all your characters. Membership keeps it unlocked until your membership is gone but I think they should make the zones cheaper because I need to get to grizzlehiem but I only have 910 crowns So please make it cheaper KI!

Emily Deathdust

Necromancer

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
DanTheTerrible2 on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
I don't really understand why people buy zones with crowns anyway. You'd have to play for several years before paying for a monthly subscription cost anywhere near as much as buying all zones with crowns. And with a subscription you get the bigger backpack and sped up cooldown timers.
Buying zones with crowns makes sense. You own the Spiral for all of your characters for as long as the game exists. Membership really doesn't give you much. Yeah, you get a bigger backpack and faster timers, but once you lose or do not renew your membership, you have no access to the rest of the Spiral except the "free" areas. You're stuck until you renew your membership, or buy the area with crowns.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
You can unlock zones you haven't gotten to yet by asking a higher leveled friend to go there. Then you can try to port and it will open up the screen where you have to buy that zone.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Transcendent
Amber
Initiate

Survivor
Nov 09, 2013
Well i was thinking of something where there is a chart of all the zones, and the ones with a check mark next to them means you already have it, and the ones with nothing next to them are the ones you haven't reached yet. And you check/X the ones you want to buy and you click PURCHASE. Wouldn't that be better?