Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying ships to sail to your other castles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
I had this idea for a while now & just got around to posting it. You know how you ride a boat to the krokosphinx & airships in MB. I think it would be an incrediblely awesome housing upgrade to be able to build docks at your castles & sail a ship to your other houses rather than equipping & porting.

This is how I would make it work.

You would still equip a castle to port to, but while at your castle, instead of equipping a different house, you would run over to a dock where your ship is parked & just sail to your next house; kind of like going to your door to travel to another world. There would be a short animation scene, like with the krokosphinx boat ride, & then it loads to the next castle you selected to go to.

The upgrade would consist of you buying a dock & a type of ship. It could be a...

GH dock with a GH longship
Krok dock with a Krok Galley
MB landing platform with an MB airship of several designs; like they have in the game already
DS drake landing platform with a drake to ride

( These are ideas that can be done with ships that are already modeled in the game as is. )

For CL, my idea would be to create a spacey looking dock with a space ship
& a Floating Island dock with a pirate ship.

Maybe for an MS theme it could be a majestic cloud to ride on like the stylized clouds you see in a MS sky.

In addition to buying a dock it would also be cool if you could decorate your ships too as a way to make them even more functional. Maybe 10 or 20 item spaces for a ship. The drake idea would have none of course because that would just be weird, but you could name your drake & get it a choice of saddles. AND of course you need to be able to allow your friends to ride the ships with you; that would give it epic awesomeness.

Most importantly a ship & dock would not take up any item spaces in your castle. It would be a free addition to your plot & allow us to place housing items on the docks as well..

On a side note it would be nice if KI would sell housing upgrades that would just increase your item count say 50 extra spaces. I want more plants around my Life House.

If any of you like this idea & would want a ship lets see if we can petition KI to make it happen. I guess we could start with replies to my post.

P.S. To the people of KI,
I know how to use the 3D Max program & would be willing to help make this idea on my free time for free. How about it? I could design a really neat CL spaceship.