Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

buying keys in the crown shop.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
Does anyone else think that we should be able to buy keys in the crown shop? That would be very useful for the test realm and some other things. Does anyone agree with me?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I like this, but having keys for sale takes the achievement out of the lock boss/treasures that is there now.
Maybe having the keys being 1 key a month for 1000Crowns or something and I'd be happy.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
Thats a really good idea! Gold key would be like 150, silver would be 100, and wooden would be 75

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Sure, but ONLY for test realm.

I don't understand this trend of wanting to buy our way to success in the game. People make threads complaining about it all the time and then stuff like this shows up and everyone loves the idea of just shortcutting gameplay with real life money. You have to make a decision whether you want a pay-to-win system or not. Personally, I don't. Why can't we respect the fact that MMOs take time and dedication to complete instead of wanting an easy way out for every single feature? If your argument for making everything purchasable in the crown shop is because you don't have time to farm, tough luck. Games are free time activities and if you don't have the free time then it's not KI's responsibility to fit your schedule. If you just don't feel like farming, tough luck. Play some other game that's easier and let the rest of us keep our hard-earned items without devaluing them with crown shop duplicates.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
Starblood653 on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
Sure, but ONLY for test realm.

I don't understand this trend of wanting to buy our way to success in the game. People make threads complaining about it all the time and then stuff like this shows up and everyone loves the idea of just shortcutting gameplay with real life money. You have to make a decision whether you want a pay-to-win system or not. Personally, I don't. Why can't we respect the fact that MMOs take time and dedication to complete instead of wanting an easy way out for every single feature? If your argument for making everything purchasable in the crown shop is because you don't have time to farm, tough luck. Games are free time activities and if you don't have the free time then it's not KI's responsibility to fit your schedule. If you just don't feel like farming, tough luck. Play some other game that's easier and let the rest of us keep our hard-earned items without devaluing them with crown shop duplicates.
I like your input but to be truthful keys can sometimes be hard to come by especially when you don't have time to farm an entire dungeon to get one chance at one.Maybe they could make them drop from more bosses that don't require doing an entire dungeon or sometimes be found in crown shop packs.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I agree with Starblood for the most part - an MMO requires farming by its very nature - but I do think that KI could do a better job at balancing drop tables and rates.

In Test Realm, keys should just be infinite so that those things can actually be tested vs. time spent farming in order to test.