Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bullying

1
AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 20, 2009
275
Bullying is a problem that poses to people in reality, imagination, and yes of course virtual interactions. Some "higher level wizards" think their better only because they are of higher level. Some higher level wizards and I'm not talking about all of them, I'm talking about some, call "lower level wizards," "noobs." I think that this word should be removed A.S.A.P. from the Wiz101 Dictionary. It poses rudeness problems as yes some lower levels might be "annoying" and "ruin your battles" but remember once you were also like them. You might've not "ruined other battles" or you were "annoying" but you were also lower level, and you might've been called "noob" also. But, that doesn't give rights for you to call other lower levels "noobs" after you've become higher in level status. I'm saying this because it's a problem, and I have seen wizards call others noobs. Today, I was watching a duel in the Arena, and I just said, "I'm falling!" Then, one of the battling wizards who were all Level 60 and above told me to be quite in a rude way and called me noob. Then, I said to him that he was being mean, then his friend started doing the same. Some of them said I was home less, I was grey (it was only my clothing color), and they also said I was "tuna boy" and said I smelled like tuna. In sense, I retaliated, but I realized it, of course, was no use, I reported them for being mean and rude. I think this should be taken into account. It's very bad for people to cyber-bully, since in reality, there is already bullying.
Thank You for your time. I hope you haven't had to face this predicament.
Please, Wiz101 Administrators take this in to account to improve the gaming experience with is already superb.
Ryan LotusGarden
Level 43 Balance Wizard (Master Sorcerer)
"Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog,
Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog,
Adder's Fork and Blind-worm's Sting,
Lizard's Leg and Owlet's Wing"

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
This has been talking about to no end here. The word 'noob' is offensive, but I don't see KI removing it anytime soon. We've asked for a long time now and it remains. And if you have text chat, lord knows, they'll find a way around the filters and say it anyway. The best way to handle it in my experience is to 'ignore' the bully, report them if what they've said violates the rules and move on. They're kids. They're mean and there's very little we can do about it.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
139
No one can stop it. I notice it mainly in PvP, as you did an example on. They are the way they are. No empathy or mind.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
247
You posted in the wrong forum, bullying isn't a new idea. That doesn't make it right.

Defender
May 01, 2011
183
You speak wise and smart words. i have benn called a noob twice or more i cant rememeber. but i once ported to my friend in celestia when i was level 49. the boy next to my friend said "Oh great a noob ported!" he was talking about me. i told him that i was in dragonspyre and i was level 49. he said soory and said he would not call anyone a noob again.

Mastermind
Sep 01, 2009
389
As an advocate against bullying, I am sorry you were bullied. Keep in mind that, just like the real world, bullies are typically people who feel very badly about themselves. They try to make themselves feel better, or seem more important, by picking on and insulting others. I think you did the right thing in reporting those players and I hope KI took your report seriously.

Be safe, and remember-you showed more courage than the players who bullied you!

Erin Ice Weaver, Legendary Ice, Legendary Artisan and Abby, Epic Forest Crawler and all around Super Pet. :D

Survivor
Nov 03, 2010
11
I agree. I myself have safe chat but if I was in your shoes, I can see how that get annoying. You can try emailing the community for help. I would absolutley support you! I am a level 23 fire wizard with a membership and I would never do that! Well, thank you for trying to make Wizard101 a better place!!

-Katie Dawneyes

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
96
I agree. i am a lvl 70 but i dont have that open chat. i understand you. taht is the right thing to do report. look if people say 1 mean thing to you just report.if everyone does this chances are bllying will end

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
108
DouDou123 wrote:
Bullying is a problem that poses to people in reality, imagination, and yes of course virtual interactions. Some "higher level wizards" think their better only because they are of higher level. Some higher level wizards and I'm not talking about all of them, I'm talking about some, call "lower level wizards," "noobs." I think that this word should be removed A.S.A.P. from the Wiz101 Dictionary. It poses rudeness problems as yes some lower levels might be "annoying" and "ruin your battles" but remember once you were also like them. You might've not "ruined other battles" or you were "annoying" but you were also lower level, and you might've been called "noob" also. But, that doesn't give rights for you to call other lower levels "noobs" after you've become higher in level status. I'm saying this because it's a problem, and I have seen wizards call others noobs. Today, I was watching a duel in the Arena, and I just said, "I'm falling!" Then, one of the battling wizards who were all Level 60 and above told me to be quite in a rude way and called me noob. Then, I said to him that he was being mean, then his friend started doing the same. Some of them said I was home less, I was grey (it was only my clothing color), and they also said I was "tuna boy" and said I smelled like tuna. In sense, I retaliated, but I realized it, of course, was no use, I reported them for being mean and rude. I think this should be taken into account. It's very bad for people to cyber-bully, since in reality, there is already bullying.
Thank You for your time. I hope you haven't had to face this predicament.
Please, Wiz101 Administrators take this in to account to improve the gaming experience with is already superb.
Ryan LotusGarden
Level 43 Balance Wizard (Master Sorcerer)
"Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog,
Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog,
Adder's Fork and Blind-worm's Sting,
Lizard's Leg and Owlet's Wing"


So what you are saying is that you're mad that a a team (or was it both teams?) of PVP players started trash talking you, after you went to a place you weren't invited, nor wanted, and started spewing random nonsense from the sidelines? Did it ever occur to you that maybe you were the one being rude first?

for now lets just leave aside that many PvP teams employ a "fifth man", who sits on the sidelines eaves dropping on the other teams to report who's casting what, pointing out who is what school, and relaying vital information such as resist/damage boost scores, ect. and focus on how you were being disruptive to the match. A PvP team only has 30 seconds to communicate with each other what cards they have, who's doing what, who needs shielding and/or healing, who can clear shields, who has a hard hitting spell up, and much, much more. Your random "I'm falling!" comment just disrupted the chain of communication in a time critical situation. How can you sit there and say that you were anything but rude yourself?

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
275
MercMissionary wrote:
You posted in the wrong forum, bullying isn't a new idea. That doesn't make it right.


The idea was to remove bullying such as offensive words or an idea of muting rude people. And if it was in a wrong forum, Wizard101 Administrators would have never allowed it to be posted.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
275
JinZah wrote:
DouDou123 wrote:
Bullying is a problem that poses to people in reality, imagination, and yes of course virtual interactions. Some "higher level wizards" think their better only because they are of higher level. Some higher level wizards and I'm not talking about all of them, I'm talking about some, call "lower level wizards," "noobs." I think that this word should be removed A.S.A.P. from the Wiz101 Dictionary. It poses rudeness problems as yes some lower levels might be "annoying" and "ruin your battles" but remember once you were also like them. You might've not "ruined other battles" or you were "annoying" but you were also lower level, and you might've been called "noob" also. But, that doesn't give rights for you to call other lower levels "noobs" after you've become higher in level status. I'm saying this because it's a problem, and I have seen wizards call others noobs. Today, I was watching a duel in the Arena, and I just said, "I'm falling!" Then, one of the battling wizards who were all Level 60 and above told me to be quite in a rude way and called me noob. Then, I said to him that he was being mean, then his friend started doing the same. Some of them said I was home less, I was grey (it was only my clothing color), and they also said I was "tuna boy" and said I smelled like tuna. In sense, I retaliated, but I realized it, of course, was no use, I reported them for being mean and rude. I think this should be taken into account. It's very bad for people to cyber-bully, since in reality, there is already bullying.
Thank You for your time. I hope you haven't had to face this predicament.
Please, Wiz101 Administrators take this in to account to improve the gaming experience with is already superb.
Ryan LotusGarden
Level 43 Balance Wizard (Master Sorcerer)
"Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog,
Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog,
Adder's Fork and Blind-worm's Sting,
Lizard's Leg and Owlet's Wing"


So what you are saying is that you're mad that a a team (or was it both teams?) of PVP players started trash talking you, after you went to a place you weren't invited, nor wanted, and started spewing random nonsense from the sidelines? Did it ever occur to you that maybe you were the one being rude first?

for now lets just leave aside that many PvP teams employ a "fifth man", who sits on the sidelines eaves dropping on the other teams to report who's casting what, pointing out who is what school, and relaying vital information such as resist/damage boost scores, ect. and focus on how you were being disruptive to the match. A PvP team only has 30 seconds to communicate with each other what cards they have, who's doing what, who needs shielding and/or healing, who can clear shields, who has a hard hitting spell up, and much, much more. Your random "I'm falling!" comment just disrupted the chain of communication in a time critical situation. How can you sit there and say that you were anything but rude yourself?


First of all, Wizard101 would've never put a "Watch" button on the PvP screen if it wasn't meant to be their. And it's not eavesdropping or again Wizard101 would've never put a "Watch" button their. And I was bored so I only made a joke of how I was falling into the lava below because it was the Dragonspyre arena. And I don't get how that was rude? Then one of the players just typed "shut op noob." He could've said can you please not do that or can you please not do that again. And they weren't talking to their teammates or communicating. And seriously, critical situation? It was a PvP match. No it didn't occur to me that I was being rude, because many people would say I wasn't being rude.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
if you let a little word in a game bother you
then you need to rething your priorities.

just laugh it off and play the game.

see by letting it bother you you are empowering those who use it.

just play the game
then learn how to be the best most powerful wizard you can
then squash them in PvP
then ask when are they gonna learn how to control the spells
like noobs control their spells to win.

that should end their bullying of you.
if not then just Laff Out Loud as you leave the ring

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
275
hobi wrote:
if you let a little word in a game bother you
then you need to rething your priorities.

just laugh it off and play the game.

see by letting it bother you you are empowering those who use it.

just play the game
then learn how to be the best most powerful wizard you can
then squash them in PvP
then ask when are they gonna learn how to control the spells
like noobs control their spells to win.

that should end their bullying of you.
if not then just Laff Out Loud as you leave the ring


Did you not read the entire thing? They said I smelled like tuna, called me tuna boy, called me gray, and also said I was homeless, which of course I'm not or I wouldn't be typing on a latop.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
329
RavenLady777 wrote:
This has been talking about to no end here. The word 'noob' is offensive, but I don't see KI removing it anytime soon. We've asked for a long time now and it remains. And if you have text chat, lord knows, they'll find a way around the filters and say it anyway. The best way to handle it in my experience is to 'ignore' the bully, report them if what they've said violates the rules and move on. They're kids. They're mean and there's very little we can do about it.


Hmm mm.... They're kids.... they're BOUND to be rude....

Well lets all just blame the kids for everything. They're the person who caused the problem....

I hate it when people say stuff like that..... I am a kid and i find that quite offensive. I am NOT mean. Infact i try to help people the best i can.

I would never ever call somebody a "Noob" or tell them there homeless.

If anybody tries to do that to a wizard, In just fact, i would comfort them. I wouldn't join in, laugh along and be ok with it?

So sorry about your experience DouDou123. They were being rude. But i disagree with taking away the word noob just as wizards will find ways to say it again. For example: No oh be, New be, So you would have to take away the others ways to say "Noob" to.

My advice: Look at the bright side, they are jealous. They insult people to make themselves feel better and be perfect. So if they say you are "Tuna Boy" again. Think of them as Tuna wizards. Think of them of jumping in tuna

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
356
DouDou123 wrote:
hobi wrote:
if you let a little word in a game bother you
then you need to rething your priorities.

just laugh it off and play the game.

see by letting it bother you you are empowering those who use it.

just play the game
then learn how to be the best most powerful wizard you can
then squash them in PvP
then ask when are they gonna learn how to control the spells
like noobs control their spells to win.

that should end their bullying of you.
if not then just Laff Out Loud as you leave the ring
Did you not read the entire thing? They said I smelled like tuna, called me tuna boy, called me gray, and also said I was homeless, which of course I'm not or I wouldn't be typing on a latop.
there are bullies everwhere your just going to have to report them and move on with your life.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
you are letting words get to you.

words mean nothing unless you let them.
words are mere abstract concepts of what we want them to mean.

tuna = fish but it is a big fish that can swim to great depths in the oceans.
places where swimmers can not follow.

grey is the presence of all light meaning you are an enlighten one.

as for homeless it can mean free and unfettered... no cares no worries.

make words work for you...

call me a name and i will thank you for every word has at least 2 meanings.

its up to you to choose the meaning.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Every wizard has a wonderful little button called IGNORE. Everyone should note where it is located and use it whenever they run into mean, rude and immature wizards. KI cannot enforce manners and maturity in the game.

I am amazed at how many people stay and allow themselves to be bullied in this game. Nobody can make you stay in game. If you are surrounded you can walk through people, port away or change realms. If people call you names there is the IGNORE BUTTON and if they are reportable the report button. Nobody in this game is powerless. Use the tools KI gave us.

I do understand how serious bullying is. I have witnessed it happen to my daughter. We taught her how to deal with it and worked closely with our school to minimize it.

Megan

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
62
I have been through bullying both in life and in Wiz101. Just ignore them unless they do smethins so bad that it has to be reported post haste. I have friends who althogh higher in lvl have been bullied by lower lvl people. Nobody should ever go through that. I actually have decided since last year to help out bully victims. If you see someone being bullied, don't just stand there, help!

Maria Drake lvl 22 therugist

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
72
DouDou123 wrote:
Bullying is a problem that poses to people in reality, imagination, and yes of course virtual interactions. Some "higher level wizards" think their better only because they are of higher level. Some higher level wizards and I'm not talking about all of them, I'm talking about some, call "lower level wizards," "noobs." I think that this word should be removed A.S.A.P. from the Wiz101 Dictionary. It poses rudeness problems as yes some lower levels might be "annoying" and "ruin your battles" but remember once you were also like them. You might've not "ruined other battles" or you were "annoying" but you were also lower level, and you might've been called "noob" also. But, that doesn't give rights for you to call other lower levels "noobs" after you've become higher in level status. I'm saying this because it's a problem, and I have seen wizards call others noobs. Today, I was watching a duel in the Arena, and I just said, "I'm falling!" Then, one of the battling wizards who were all Level 60 and above told me to be quite in a rude way and called me noob. Then, I said to him that he was being mean, then his friend started doing the same. Some of them said I was home less, I was grey (it was only my clothing color), and they also said I was "tuna boy" and said I smelled like tuna. In sense, I retaliated, but I realized it, of course, was no use, I reported them for being mean and rude. I think this should be taken into account. It's very bad for people to cyber-bully, since in reality, there is already bullying.
Thank You for your time. I hope you haven't had to face this predicament.
Please, Wiz101 Administrators take this in to account to improve the gaming experience with is already superb.
Ryan LotusGarden
Level 43 Balance Wizard (Master Sorcerer)
"Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog,
Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog,
Adder's Fork and Blind-worm's Sting,
Lizard's Leg and Owlet's Wing"


Sorry, but bullying is something that just can't be stopped. The best thing you can do, is laugh it off and move on. It is quite funny when people call others noobs in pvp, then you say "Well you just got OWNED by a noob!"

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
45
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
Every wizard has a wonderful little button called IGNORE. Everyone should note where it is located and use it whenever they run into mean, rude and immature wizards. KI cannot enforce manners and maturity in the game.

I am amazed at how many people stay and allow themselves to be bullied in this game. Nobody can make you stay in game. If you are surrounded you can walk through people, port away or change realms. If people call you names there is the IGNORE BUTTON and if they are reportable the report button. Nobody in this game is powerless.

I do understand how serious bullying is. I have witnessed it happen to my daughter. We taught her how to deal with it and worked closely with our school to minimize it.


I completely agree with you, on this. That ignore button, works wonders, and I'm sure none of you will ever realize just how many are on that ignore list. It's not just the bullying though, it's "The Commons", as well. All I ever see, going through there just to either get to the bazaar, fill bottles, or go to the Spiral door, is kids talking about dating. Is this the new Facebook? I mean, really. A few times, I did have to say something, being an adult, and knowing that what they're doing isn't exactly great for kids to see (If their parents allow them to have open chat). I had some girl come up to me, while I was adding treasure cards to my deck, if I knew where any boys were. Then she requested me as a friend. I told her I was sorry, but I couldn't answer her question. She got nasty with me, so I got nasty right back, saying to her that maybe she should go to school and meet a nice boy--And that it would do her some good. I mean, seriously, that's all I see. I was playing with my mother (Yes, she plays too) and some kid came into our battle. He said something to me, and she snapped back at him how I am not a dog. (I believe he said "Victoria, Come!!) and he said "Like I care". Well, I fled that battle fast, and put him on........IGNORE. I have to do that often. Simply because I can't be bothered reading half of the things I see on that game. They need to have it filtered better. There are ways around saying specific words.

For instance, living a specific lifestyle. Instead of using the regular word, they come up and ask if you're G A I. Filter that, please. @ss. Same thing. F UU K. I'm sure you get my drift. I've seen it happen, numerous times. And it's not just adults. It's kids. Kids, guys. YOUR Children. And can someone please explain to me what "I need a boy" or "I need a girl" is? I see that almost a thousand times per night. And trust me, I stay up late, playing. Sometimes until 2 or 3am. These kids are still up and on? Anyway, I just wanted to add some stuff to this. I'm sure a lot of you won't agree with me, but we all have our own opinions. Maybe this was the wrong area to post this topic in, but nevertheless, it was posted. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, no matter what it is you celebrate! Take care!!

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
275
Randomperson16 wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
This has been talking about to no end here. The word 'noob' is offensive, but I don't see KI removing it anytime soon. We've asked for a long time now and it remains. And if you have text chat, lord knows, they'll find a way around the filters and say it anyway. The best way to handle it in my experience is to 'ignore' the bully, report them if what they've said violates the rules and move on. They're kids. They're mean and there's very little we can do about it.


Hmm mm.... They're kids.... they're BOUND to be rude....

Well lets all just blame the kids for everything. They're the person who caused the problem....

I hate it when people say stuff like that..... I am a kid and i find that quite offensive. I am NOT mean. Infact i try to help people the best i can.

I would never ever call somebody a "Noob" or tell them there homeless.

If anybody tries to do that to a wizard, In just fact, i would comfort them. I wouldn't join in, laugh along and be ok with it?

So sorry about your experience DouDou123. They were being rude. But i disagree with taking away the word noob just as wizards will find ways to say it again. For example: No oh be, New be, So you would have to take away the others ways to say "Noob" to.

My advice: Look at the bright side, they are jealous. They insult people to make themselves feel better and be perfect. So if they say you are "Tuna Boy" again. Think of them as Tuna wizards. Think of them of jumping in tuna


#1. I never said I was referring to kids.
#2. They are kids not because of their age but because of their actions.
#3. That's what I always think. Desperate people do desperate things. They bully to feel better about themselves. I made sure they knew that.
#4. Some kids are mature but some aren't and that doesn't depend on their age but their actions.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
No. It is a problem on stuff like facebook, or texting. But on this game its not. It's impossible to make fun of someone for their looks, or race, or etc. Listen a person will call you a noob, and you call them a noob back, and thats it, you leave, or ignore it (Ignore button) Seriously, in my opinion, its just a game, and if you have to "bully"someone in a game, which is impossible i may add, its pretty sad.

So relax, 8)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
Calling someone a noob is not bullying!!! You were not bullied and they didn't say anything wrong, except the tuna boy thing, they don't know what you smell like, so just ignore that. So you see, maybe it's just me never being bullied, but it's so easy to ignore people or say something back. So don't let it get you you man.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
DouDou123 wrote:
JinZah wrote:
DouDou123 wrote:
Bullying is a problem that poses to people in reality, imagination, and yes of course virtual interactions. Some "higher level wizards" think their better only because they are of higher level. Some higher level wizards and I'm not talking about all of them, I'm talking about some, call "lower level wizards," "noobs." I think that this word should be removed A.S.A.P. from the Wiz101 Dictionary. It poses rudeness problems as yes some lower levels might be "annoying" and "ruin your battles" but remember once you were also like them. You might've not "ruined other battles" or you were "annoying" but you were also lower level, and you might've been called "noob" also. But, that doesn't give rights for you to call other lower levels "noobs" after you've become higher in level status. I'm saying this because it's a problem, and I have seen wizards call others noobs. Today, I was watching a duel in the Arena, and I just said, "I'm falling!" Then, one of the battling wizards who were all Level 60 and above told me to be quite in a rude way and called me noob. Then, I said to him that he was being mean, then his friend started doing the same. Some of them said I was home less, I was grey (it was only my clothing color), and they also said I was "tuna boy" and said I smelled like tuna. In sense, I retaliated, but I realized it, of course, was no use, I reported them for being mean and rude. I think this should be taken into account. It's very bad for people to cyber-bully, since in reality, there is already bullying.
Thank You for your time. I hope you haven't had to face this predicament.
Please, Wiz101 Administrators take this in to account to improve the gaming experience with is already superb.
Ryan LotusGarden
Level 43 Balance Wizard (Master Sorcerer)
"Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog,
Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog,
Adder's Fork and Blind-worm's Sting,
Lizard's Leg and Owlet's Wing"


So what you are saying is that you're mad that a a team (or was it both teams?) of PVP players started trash talking you, after you went to a place you weren't invited, nor wanted, and started spewing random nonsense from the sidelines? Did it ever occur to you that maybe you were the one being rude first?

for now lets just leave aside that many PvP teams employ a "fifth man", who sits on the sidelines eaves dropping on the other teams to report who's casting what, pointing out who is what school, and relaying vital information such as resist/damage boost scores, ect. and focus on how you were being disruptive to the match. A PvP team only has 30 seconds to communicate with each other what cards they have, who's doing what, who needs shielding and/or healing, who can clear shields, who has a hard hitting spell up, and much, much more. Your random "I'm falling!" comment just disrupted the chain of communication in a time critical situation. How can you sit there and say that you were anything but rude yourself?


First of all, Wizard101 would've never put a "Watch" button on the PvP screen if it wasn't meant to be their. And it's not eavesdropping or again Wizard101 would've never put a "Watch" button their. And I was bored so I only made a joke of how I was falling into the lava below because it was the Dragonspyre arena. And I don't get how that was rude? Then one of the players just typed "shut op noob." He could've said can you please not do that or can you please not do that again. And they weren't talking to their teammates or communicating. And seriously, critical situation? It was a PvP match. No it didn't occur to me that I was being rude, because many people would say I wasn't being rude.


You were the one being rude, they were trying to concentrate.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
108
DouDou123 wrote:
JinZah wrote:
DouDou123 wrote:
Bullying is a problem that poses to people in reality, imagination, and yes of course virtual interactions. Some "higher level wizards" think their better only because they are of higher level. Some higher level wizards and I'm not talking about all of them, I'm talking about some, call "lower level wizards," "noobs." I think that this word should be removed A.S.A.P. from the Wiz101 Dictionary. It poses rudeness problems as yes some lower levels might be "annoying" and "ruin your battles" but remember once you were also like them. You might've not "ruined other battles" or you were "annoying" but you were also lower level, and you might've been called "noob" also. But, that doesn't give rights for you to call other lower levels "noobs" after you've become higher in level status. I'm saying this because it's a problem, and I have seen wizards call others noobs. Today, I was watching a duel in the Arena, and I just said, "I'm falling!" Then, one of the battling wizards who were all Level 60 and above told me to be quite in a rude way and called me noob. Then, I said to him that he was being mean, then his friend started doing the same. Some of them said I was home less, I was grey (it was only my clothing color), and they also said I was "tuna boy" and said I smelled like tuna. In sense, I retaliated, but I realized it, of course, was no use, I reported them for being mean and rude. I think this should be taken into account. It's very bad for people to cyber-bully, since in reality, there is already bullying.
Thank You for your time. I hope you haven't had to face this predicament.
Please, Wiz101 Administrators take this in to account to improve the gaming experience with is already superb.
Ryan LotusGarden
Level 43 Balance Wizard (Master Sorcerer)
"Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog,
Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog,
Adder's Fork and Blind-worm's Sting,
Lizard's Leg and Owlet's Wing"


So what you are saying is that you're mad that a a team (or was it both teams?) of PVP players started trash talking you, after you went to a place you weren't invited, nor wanted, and started spewing random nonsense from the sidelines? Did it ever occur to you that maybe you were the one being rude first?

for now lets just leave aside that many PvP teams employ a "fifth man", who sits on the sidelines eaves dropping on the other teams to report who's casting what, pointing out who is what school, and relaying vital information such as resist/damage boost scores, ect. and focus on how you were being disruptive to the match. A PvP team only has 30 seconds to communicate with each other what cards they have, who's doing what, who needs shielding and/or healing, who can clear shields, who has a hard hitting spell up, and much, much more. Your random "I'm falling!" comment just disrupted the chain of communication in a time critical situation. How can you sit there and say that you were anything but rude yourself?


First of all, Wizard101 would've never put a "Watch" button on the PvP screen if it wasn't meant to be their. And it's not eavesdropping or again Wizard101 would've never put a "Watch" button their. And I was bored so I only made a joke of how I was falling into the lava below because it was the Dragonspyre arena. And I don't get how that was rude? Then one of the players just typed "shut op noob." He could've said can you please not do that or can you please not do that again. And they weren't talking to their teammates or communicating. And seriously, critical situation? It was a PvP match. No it didn't occur to me that I was being rude, because many people would say I wasn't being rude.


Did any of the wizards dueling say "hey come watch me fight," or words to that effect? No? then you were uninvited!

Did they start hassling you for being there? Yes? Then you were also not wanted there.

Yes KI dose let you watch the matches, and the behavior you described is why many PvP players would like the option removed, or an option to vote to kick a spectator out added. In the future, when you are watching a match try fallowing more of the rules of etiquette you would see at a game of golf, or a tennis match, and less you would see in a football, or basketball game.

1