Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Brooches as a new item of clothing?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
I was fighting the pylon bosses in Stormriven when I thought that it would be cool if we could cheat just like the bosses there do. You could start getting them from Wizard City on, only not make them as major (obviously). Maybe something such as if a player gets hit by a multi-hit spell, he gets an extra pip. And it could jump to Celestia bosses with things such as Cuthalla's blade/shield/trap will automatically give us a tower shield. This would make PVP'ing more interesting and would add a different challenge to it.

One thing I'd like to add is, PLEASE don't make these Crowns or Gold only. Since they allow us to cheat, I think they should be rare boss drops only. Like the rare boss drop pets. It's not as fun if everyone and their mother can have one, and it would take away from the advantage they're designed to create. They should be earned through fighting only IMHO.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
GoCowboys wrote:
I was fighting the pylon bosses in Stormriven when I thought that it would be cool if we could cheat just like the bosses there do. You could start getting them from Wizard City on, only not make them as major (obviously). Maybe something such as if a player gets hit by a multi-hit spell, he gets an extra pip. And it could jump to Celestia bosses with things such as Cuthalla's blade/shield/trap will automatically give us a tower shield. This would make PVP'ing more interesting and would add a different challenge to it.

One thing I'd like to add is, PLEASE don't make these Crowns or Gold only. Since they allow us to cheat, I think they should be rare boss drops only. Like the rare boss drop pets. It's not as fun if everyone and their mother can have one, and it would take away from the advantage they're designed to create. They should be earned through fighting only IMHO.

What are Brooches, anyway...Do you wear them on your ears, or where...

I would be OK with this as long as such items were RARE. And I mean, Seraph Pet - rare. And maybe 'No-PVP' to quell the whiners.
I don't really care if someone has something I don't gameplay-wise.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Luvas wrote:
GoCowboys wrote:

I would be OK with this as long as such items were RARE. And I mean, Seraph Pet - rare. And maybe 'No-PVP' to quell the whiners.
Pronunctiation guide=bro chez and it's a type jewelry for girls and would need to be turned to something like badges for boys.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
bravevline wrote:
Luvas wrote:

Pronunctiation guide=bro chez and it's a type jewelry for girls and would need to be turned to something like badges for boys.

Brooches were the only item I could think of that aren't already in the game, so I'm open to them changing it. It was the idea I was trying to get across. It'd be nice if we had our own cheats that helped us in battle, and to bravevline, I disagree. I think adding the cheats in battle would add a new level of strategy to PVP-ing. I think it'd be cool to figure out on the fly what cheats were and how to think on the fly on how to get around them. Even in group battles if someone had a spell that attacked with fire nova every time they got hit with a big spell (like the eel boss) and another had a cheat that healed him completely if he got hit by a spell under 4 pips, you'd have to think on the fly about how to attack the situation. It would make for more interesting duels than what are basically wars of attrition right now. The people who do the best at PVP will be the ones who are the best at thinking on the fly.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
GoCowboys wrote:
bravevline wrote:
Luvas wrote:

Brooches were the only item I could think of that aren't already in the game, so I'm open to them changing it. It was the idea I was trying to get across. It'd be nice if we had our own cheats that helped us in battle, and to bravevline, I disagree. I think adding the cheats in battle would add a new level of strategy to PVP-ing. I think it'd be cool to figure out on the fly what cheats were and how to think on the fly on how to get around them. Even in group battles if someone had a spell that attacked with fire nova every time they got hit with a big spell (like the eel boss) and another had a cheat that healed him completely if he got hit by a spell under 4 pips, you'd have to think on the fly about how to attack the situation. It would make for more interesting duels than what are basically wars of attrition right now. The people who do the best at PVP will be the ones who are the best at thinking on the fly.
I got an idea for you. How about belts? And cheaters never prosper. Don't believe me? Ask the CL bosses and you can already kinda cheat with a pet that casts a variety of different spells at any given time during the "casting" part of a turn.