Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bring Back Old Wiz

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2018
Let's face it, the new wiz isn't as good as it used to be. 6 years ago the community was more lively, people would actually quest. Worlds had a lot more depth, and the game was overall better. Be honest, you might've joined recently, but you yearn for the old days. I'm not a new player, I just made a new account.

I like the old art-style of primitive games from that era. They in a sense, were superior to what we have now. And why is that? They had more depth, I prefer less smooth textures for some things. Now all textures in newer worlds are buttery smooth.

I've talked to a few older players, and a lot of new players. They all gave me similar responses, that the game isn't up to it's full potential, or the old game was better. You could go to the Fairegrounds, and people would play the games. Now, people may once in a while go see Hilda, buy some potions, and port away.

Yeah, this may never happen. But I really hope a developer sees this, if they don't make the game like it, maybe a side game with maybe like 3-5 servers. You choose which one to play on the launcher,

And please, tell me. Have you actually ever took a chance to enjoy some of the old features that we have, just never use?

Also the era I am referring to is the Nov 2014 update.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm

This just proves that everyone has different tastes and opinions.

My family had a single account back 2009/2010. We loved the game but could never play together as one account for the family was all we could afford. I stopped playing around May of 2010 when my wife passed (reasons).

Flash forward to 2016 two of my kids never stopped (one had taken over the old family account and the other no had an account of his own). I started playing again to have a common activity with my children. We all love the new additions to Wizards.

I actually enjoy the game more now than I did eight years ago. Don't get me wrong, I've never been a fan of updates for updates sake. If something works it does NOT need to be changed. But the updates to graphics, newer worlds, pets, fishing, monsterology are all welcome additions.

You mentioned the fairground games. Why if I have the coins to pay for elixir refills would i stop to play the games? They are time consuming. The high scores are completely unobtainable. Also, if I'm in the middle of a dungeon and have fled, my teammates don't have the time to wait for me to play a game to refill my elixir.

Just my two cents
Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
I agree that the old Wizard101 was a lot funner and better overall. I liked the "Dungeons and Dragons"-meets anime-meets-"Harry Potter" art style better too. The art style now is way too comical in a way with all of the goofy animals and all that. Mini games used to be more worth while and they were fun, but they haven't been updated for a long time now. The community used to be bigger and friendlier. PVP was balanced and fun. The story was better. All in all, the old Wizard101 was better. We need to offer some solutions though, such as:

-Add more mini games with good rewards.

-Try reaching out to not only children, but teens and adults too.

-Try an art style more like the older worlds, but still spice things up a bit to keep things from getting too dry. Away with all of the cute animals.

-Away with cheats. If you want to keep cheats, don't use them frequently, try to achieve the style of an enemy through deck design, not artificial difficulty.

-Reach out to players who don't have a lot of money to spend. have other easy ways to earn crowns.

I have more, but I'll save those for later.

: Ian Nightgiver (lvl 125)
: Talon Talon (lvl 17)