Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Brand New Schools of Magic past after 70

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 12, 2011
I love Wizard101 – I really do love the game, but I find myself getting bored with all the available schools of magic. Some of them I’m just not interested in and I don’t want to create a new wizard in that particular school.

Even if I were to just use moon school magic, I would still end up casting spells that other wizards already know (e.g. Satyr for Life when polymorphed to Treant).

I would love to see us “young wizards” kind of start to grow up a little and learn different schools of magic that are not sun, moon, etc. Maybe we could graduate to college?

I wonder if KI could develop the game so that at a future point we might be able to turn in several training points and the ability to exchange our learned spells for the ability to learn a new school of magic completely.

I think it would be neat if we could learn from the schools at Wysteria.

Perhaps we might learn Frost school, for example – this could mean we lose all our ice magic spells, but we learn new ones like the one that the new snowball pet casts.

I think this would add additional depth to the game and allow for forward progress beyond the need to always create new worlds. New schools of magic and new quest lines that take you to different areas that already exist in the current game and that have not already been utilized would be something I would more than happily pay for.

I think it could also help increase KI’s profits because players who don’t have training points available might consider buying crowns so they can do a buy back from Mr. Lincoln.

Thoughts?

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
hey i noticed what you said about wysteria and how we should learn from the teachers there. i was thinking that too lol

Defender
May 21, 2011
AmericanHappy wrote:
I love Wizard101 – I really do love the game, but I find myself getting bored with all the available schools of magic. Some of them I’m just not interested in and I don’t want to create a new wizard in that particular school.

Even if I were to just use moon school magic, I would still end up casting spells that other wizards already know (e.g. Satyr for Life when polymorphed to Treant).

I would love to see us “young wizards” kind of start to grow up a little and learn different schools of magic that are not sun, moon, etc. Maybe we could graduate to college?

I wonder if KI could develop the game so that at a future point we might be able to turn in several training points and the ability to exchange our learned spells for the ability to learn a new school of magic completely.

Perhaps we might learn Frost school, for example – this could mean we lose all our ice magic spells, but we learn new ones like the one that the new snowball pet casts.

I think this would add additional depth to the game and allow for forward progress beyond the need to always create new worlds. New schools of magic and new quest lines that take you to different areas that already exist in the current game and that have not already been utilized would be something I would more than happily pay for.

I think it could also help increase KI’s profits because players who don’t have training points available might consider buying crowns so they can do a buy back from Mr. Lincoln.

Thoughts?

Hmm, neat thoughts:
One thing I don't think would be good:

Well we could do that but that real thing is:
this could mean we lose all our ice magic spells

I don't think we should loose our other spells, we would want to keep them, we could learn other spells in addition to our other ones.

All together though, Great Idea!

Taylor Skywalker - 70
Taylor Icewalker - 15
Taylor Firewalker- 15

Peace out and keep wizarding! :)

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
AmericanHappy wrote:

um there really isn't any diffrence between Ice and frost you know so how does that make us lose ice magic? we could actually learn new Ice spells or new spells entirle witout losing our magics we earned we just expand our roster and I did make a suggestion for that in the dorms forum so yeah that is a great idea and all for that but I also think we should be able to learn the lower level spells from them as well and I think that we should learn higher level spells for when we reach the milestone levels of 20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65 so on and so fourth when they raise the level cap again and theey should also be spells that we've seen and probably bought like the mutation treasure card spells, and it should also go along with the sun, moon, and stars but frost is still ice the new spells should be combo spells that combine the diffrent schools together to make new spells like combining sandstorm and tempest to make quicksand or to combine meteor with blizzard to make comet or to combine unicorn and goul to make nightmare which it will suck the life out of multiple enemis and heal every one on your side of the battle field or to combine hydra with the spiritblades to make the seven headed hydra that does fire,ice,storm,balance,life,death and myth damage whole healing you for three rounds also give you all the element blades, the balance blade and the spirit blades so you get healed and you get a damage boost for the next few rounds. then if you learn from all schools in all areas you could get a special spell called ultimate spell and it could be learned at the school of either equlibrium or school of chaos or both for that mater it would heal,boost,defend,give power pips for every spell have a fizzle blocker (gurenteed no fizzling for you for the rest of the fight) on your side of the field it also does the same for the people helping you and damges(critical),puts traps,destroys positives, gurenteed fizzle for the rest of fightdoes slow damage from every school(the dimond shaped traps like fire elf) and makes enemies week agaist every spell so it boosts your damge on that enemy well I think you know where I'm going with this that way you can earn all the spells from every school and be a balanced wizard. yes that would be a good hing to have combos of spells wysteria can have those spells in their schools but instead of trainig we would buy them like we do with the garden spells.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
what other areas can we explore with spells we have the elements, spirit, and space spells so what would be next? the onlything I find possible would be combos which I posted already(if it is accepted) and the only other thing would be gravity, time, order and chaos like I said it would be combos of other spells to make those schools of magic that is possbly the only other schools coming so it wouldn't be a new school per say it would be combonation of schools that make up that type of magic.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
if you really read all the Wysteria text when talking to various NPCs
you would find it is a knock off of Ravenwood the original wizarding school.

and if you look carefully same school different name..mostly lame names

as well as the professors in Wysteria.

Burble has no idea what he is doing.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
No! Pigswick Academy is the rival, joining them would make no sense. Plus they just ripped off all of Ravenwood XD.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
then why have those schools in the first place if KI will not utilize them and I really don't think it is really a rip off of ravenwood it's just a new world that have similer school's but it could be ussful for future updates like the next level in you wizard training and it looks more like Harry Potterish than ravenwoodish cause of the NPC's the female headmaster even the name itself is a perody of harry potter pigswick acadamy hogswort acadamy so I think it was just KI's tribute to harry potter and if they wanted to they could utilize those schools like I stated in other posts and this one by using this acadamy as the next level of spells plus get earlier leveled spells 0-3 for gold instead of training points or have quests reward you with training points so you could get spells either way it is a tribute to harry potter and why else would they have the schools and a tower we can't get into yet if they were not going to utilize it in the future or even include it in the spiral I think they have future updates planned for wysteria(but I could be wrong) and besides if it is a rip off of raven wood why design it the way they did? instaed of designing it to look similer to ravenwood because ravenwood doesn't have wild unicorn in a stable like Wysteria does the pegasei and why else would they have a tower we can't get into yet at least I couldn't anyway I think they are also smaller than ravenwood as well. so I think they may be upgraded in the future(again I could be wrong) why else would the designers go to so much trouble to create that world if not going to utilize it in the future. I know my spelling and grammer is bad but I think you could understand the gist of what I'm saying.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
The more I think about it, the more I so want to see this idea implemented.

Right now the game has just become a giant grind to get to the next level so we learn our new spell. This is the same kind of issue that many other MMORPGs face.

Offering students the opportunity to turn in their spells and training points (some will have to use crowns to buy back which is a revenue option for KI) - KI can create a new game within a game (if that makes sense to anyone?).

By making use of the new schools at Wysteria, KI can create a whole new level of gaming beyond the current Revenwood models (and I know Wysteria magic is supposed to be weak, but maybe the teachers were just doing what they were told, i.e. don't teach magic to students).

If I had one wish for Wizard101 - this would be it.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Learning the Wysteria schools would be really really cool :D, I know I'd love to give the Chaos School a try but I don't think we should lose our orginal spells just for it. I meaning, wouldn't that be kind of condricting to the work KI has already done? (Although truefully I don't thing KI will make those schools into something we can train in, they have bigger more important projects going right now ... but it's nice to think about it.) Also, what other spells could they possibly come up with that wouldn't work for the normal schools, wheren't the Wysteria schools swing off from the originals?

Ember- Fire
Tempest- Storm
Chaos- Myth
Frost- Ice
Equilibruim- Balance
Spirit- Death
Earth- Life

It could be possible that KI will make the next new spell one of the "best" spell that the schools from Wysteria has to offer and we'd have to go talk to one of the teachers for it, but I don't think KI will. I think they are sticking to the Sun, Star, and Moon schools for a while at least.

- Victoria IronGem, Necromancer Level 70 :)