Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Booting Wizards from Dungeon Groups

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
Okay. I was incredibly and unpleasantly upset on my last run through Tartarus.

There was this death wizard, Fred Unicornleaf, who seemed nice when we entered the dungeon.
But in the very first fight, he began to cause issues. He was being rude, talking disrespectfully.
Every fight he would start on his own without waiting for the rest of the group, which then caused issues
for us when it came to the boss mechanics.

For the entire fight of Cerberus, he just walked and hopped around the arena circle and did absolutely nothing.

For reasons like this, I think that dungeon groups should have a right to boot someone from the dungeon and be able to let someone else join.

I'm not sure how implementing this feature could be done without causing an exploit for the players; (such as one wizard fighting part of the way through, and then deciding to boot them to bring in a different wizard to maintain strength and success for dungeon mechanics).

All I know is that people like this should not be in dungeon groups and the dungeon group should have a right to kick people like this out of the dungeon.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Corathus on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Okay. I was incredibly and unpleasantly upset on my last run through Tartarus.

There was this death wizard, Fred Unicornleaf, who seemed nice when we entered the dungeon.
But in the very first fight, he began to cause issues. He was being rude, talking disrespectfully.
Every fight he would start on his own without waiting for the rest of the group, which then caused issues
for us when it came to the boss mechanics.

For the entire fight of Cerberus, he just walked and hopped around the arena circle and did absolutely nothing.

For reasons like this, I think that dungeon groups should have a right to boot someone from the dungeon and be able to let someone else join.

I'm not sure how implementing this feature could be done without causing an exploit for the players; (such as one wizard fighting part of the way through, and then deciding to boot them to bring in a different wizard to maintain strength and success for dungeon mechanics).

All I know is that people like this should not be in dungeon groups and the dungeon group should have a right to kick people like this out of the dungeon.
This is a very good idea, I'm just afraid that it will used to boot innocent players out of dungeon.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
It feels to me like I have about a 10% chance of finding good people to do a dungeon with when I enter with random players. It's sad that so many wizards are rude, have no skills, and insist on being unconscious in their behavior. But I suppose one must remember they are probably 12 years old.

Your example sounds very frustrating and would have driven me nuts.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
This is a very good idea, I'm just afraid that it will used to boot innocent players out of dungeon.
Yeah. I thought about that also, Molly.
When I was playing world of warcraft, innocent people were always getting voted out for nothing. And it was sad and frustrating.
But something needs to be done to prevent dungeon experiences like this.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I see your point with the whole disrespectful player thing but people will starting booting out "text chat" players or "mutes" as some people call them.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I would love for this to be a feature.

My only suggestion is to flee as a group and change realms. I hate to say do this even if you've finished about 75% of the dungeon, but these trolls have a way of making sure all your time is wasted, even if you try to ignore him and stick it out.

We had someone like this in Big Ben, and he ruined all our traps and got two people killed in a random minion fight, and would run around the battle without joining the rest of the time, insisting we show him where the cat was. He spent five minutes stepping on random pressure plates to foil the puzzle for us while we were trying to open the gate.

He spilled the milks early and then stood in the corner while we were deciding whether to bother fighting Spike or just leave. Since we'd already gotten to the second to last fight, we decided to try anyway and ignore him. Minute we went into the circle, in he went, and we thought for a second he would straighten up and be helpful, he even bladed himself. Then he died and went afk, did not flee, came back after three rounds and repeatedly spammed the "I need healing" menu chat button. One of the other players healed him with a sprite, hoping it would not be enough to keep him alive. He lucked out and survived.

We finally beat Spike and he shot ahead with less than 200 health and got right into the fight with Meowiarty ahead of us. More spamming "I need healing" and he applied a storm prism to Meowiarty, making him impossible for my friend to kill without wasting a hit. That battle took so long my friend had to leave. I promptly fled and left the noob alone in the clock tower.

In retrospect we should have fled the second he started burning our traps with wand hits and TC imps. And yes, you need to have a group put together ahead of time before doing Tartarus. Cheating bosses do not allow any mistakes or incompetence - it's not like you're running Malistaire, where a random group might be fine.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
crunkatog on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:

My only suggestion is to flee as a group and change realms. I hate to say do this even if you've finished about 75% of the dungeon, but these trolls have a way of making sure all your time is wasted, even if you try to ignore him and stick it out.

We had someone like this in Big Ben, and he ruined all our traps and got two people killed in a random minion fight, and would run around the battle without joining the rest of the time, insisting we show him where the cat was. He spent five minutes stepping on random pressure plates to foil the puzzle for us while we were trying to open the gate.

He spilled the milks early and then stood in the corner while we were deciding whether to bother fighting Spike or just leave. Since we'd already gotten to the second to last fight, we decided to try anyway and ignore him. Minute we went into the circle, in he went, and we thought for a second he would straighten up and be helpful, he even bladed himself. Then he died and went afk, did not flee, came back after three rounds and repeatedly spammed the "I need healing" menu chat button. One of the other players healed him with a sprite, hoping it would not be enough to keep him alive. He lucked out and survived.

We finally beat Spike and he shot ahead with less than 200 health and got right into the fight with Meowiarty ahead of us. More spamming "I need healing" and he applied a storm prism to Meowiarty, making him impossible for my friend to kill without wasting a hit. That battle took so long my friend had to leave. I promptly fled and left the noob alone in the clock tower.

In retrospect we should have fled the second he started burning our traps with wand hits and TC imps. And yes, you need to have a group put together ahead of time before doing Tartarus. Cheating bosses do not allow any mistakes or incompetence - it's not like you're running Malistaire, where a random group might be fine.
I totally agree with this.

In a way, it's hard not to follow (only lightly) the path of World of Warcraft
when it comes to dungeon pairing.
After all, in my opinion, a life wizard is normally expected to heal. If they were meant to do damage
or even kill, then they wouldn't have to wait til level 84 or whatever to get Forest Lord, their first and only
multi-hit spell. I have had plenty of life wizards tell me, "I don't do healing." And I just sit there shocked.

Storm wizards seem to be the number one damage dealer and group successor in Tartarus so far.
My storm wizard and my friend Esmee, another storm wizard, totally own the bosses in there
while a fire guy or balance guy helps out in the group. So far, the people I've been running these dungeons with
are, more often than not, disruptive or just plain awful and don't know what they are doing.

Tartarus is an end game (currently) dungeon with some pretty fantastic rewards, including some phenomenal gear.
And I'm sick and tired of these level 14 (and HORRIBLE level 90) wizards coming over there thinking they deserve a spot in a dungeon that requires your full attention and ability to make good choices when casting spells. It's irritating that I can sit there for almost an hour trying to get into a decent group just so I can spend ANOTHER hour actually doing the dungeon.

In my opinion, it's almost not worth it.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
crunkatog on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:

Wow. I truly feel bad for you. And it would be a nice feature to have in the game, except it would be used to troll others sadly. I am sorry this happened to all of you.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
how about they could continue the same dungeon, but just switch servers.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
purrfectgirl on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
how about they could continue the same dungeon, but just switch servers.
I like this idea the best, because it can only be abused under very limited circumstances.

Your whole team (minus the outcast) has to agree to change to the next available realm, not necessarily one of your choice.

That way the problem person could still be in the dungeon (and theoretically finish it solo) but he wouldn't be able to follow you into the next realm and cause problems.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
I love this idea! I think a way to prevent kicking innocent people out would be to give everyone a remove player button, kinda like report, where you type a reason why you want the person removed and everyone else in the group must do this in order for him to be successfully kicked out. This way if one person decides to be a jerk, they won't be removed. It's kinda sad that things like this need to be added to prevent people from trolling, but its for the best. Great idea!!!

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
I see a way that this can work. Anyone who has played something like Left 4 Dead knows of the Voting system, right? How someone goes to the pause menu, and uses the "Start a vote" option to lower difficulty, start the level over, or start the campaign over.

If we were implementing something into instance levels like this, then we would need something as a voting system for this. I would love something like this, as I run Waterworks with strangers a lot of the time. I get some people who are nice, and some people who are an absolute pain.

Though, I see a drawback in this. I'll explain what and why: What if it's 3 trolls on one innocent? I had an incident like this, and I left willingly. I had 2 trolls, and one nice girl who were running Waterworks with my . They all were strangers. Andrew had just gotten to level 60 the previous day. I said before we got the initial stuff before the first encounter: "I've had 2 characters in here before, I know all the rules." I claimed 2nd or 3rd for Luska, as I was trying to figure what position would be best. The two boys said "No," and started dictating where people go. I explained that I know what I'm doing, I know all the rules. They didn't listen. I received an offer to take 1st spot from the girl, but I declined as the trolls would not accept that. I left after the first combat.

I see many ways that this could work, but there are a lot of different things that would benefit both the good people and the trolls.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Corathus on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
I totally agree with this.

In a way, it's hard not to follow (only lightly) the path of World of Warcraft
when it comes to dungeon pairing.
After all, in my opinion, a life wizard is normally expected to heal. If they were meant to do damage
or even kill, then they wouldn't have to wait til level 84 or whatever to get Forest Lord, their first and only
multi-hit spell. I have had plenty of life wizards tell me, "I don't do healing." And I just sit there shocked.

Storm wizards seem to be the number one damage dealer and group successor in Tartarus so far.
My storm wizard and my friend Esmee, another storm wizard, totally own the bosses in there
while a fire guy or balance guy helps out in the group. So far, the people I've been running these dungeons with
are, more often than not, disruptive or just plain awful and don't know what they are doing.

Tartarus is an end game (currently) dungeon with some pretty fantastic rewards, including some phenomenal gear.
And I'm sick and tired of these level 14 (and HORRIBLE level 90) wizards coming over there thinking they deserve a spot in a dungeon that requires your full attention and ability to make good choices when casting spells. It's irritating that I can sit there for almost an hour trying to get into a decent group just so I can spend ANOTHER hour actually doing the dungeon.

In my opinion, it's almost not worth it.
Something about your entire post irks me. I can't quite put my finger on it but maybe because my main wizard is Life and I have never been anyone's henchman. You clearly have never met a wizard that has nailed that school, we can heal but we also can deal. Think of how much fun it would be if we sat around waiting to sprite someone - geez. Maybe the intro when you start a new wizard has to be more clear on what is expected of it in the game. I actually am a solo player so really didn't get any practice on the being healer thing.

I got Forest Lord at level 58. Prior to that with Feint I could one hit almost everything in my path. Maybe it's because, unless they are rude to me, I would help anyone in the game, no matter what their skill set is. Maybe it's the storm rules everyone else drools?

It's sad how seriously competitive this game has gotten.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
It's probably been said already, but every player should be able to vote.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
KorekuEternal on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
It's probably been said already, but every player should be able to vote.
Yes, and you should try to do it with 2 of your friends if this is available, because why would your real friends vote you out?