Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blade and Trap differentiation

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2010
For High Lvl players out there has this happen to you.

You forget what trap or blade you put in either to you or your party.

With enhanced(potent etc.), regular, trap and treasure card, it is now quite difficult to track, especially in a party of four.

I hope they will come up a way to differentiate them, either by hovering a mouse on a player or by making them glow or a different color.

Any Ideas? Bump if you feel the same way.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
This happens to me all the time. One moment of inattention and I'm not sure what blades and traps are what.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
Finally someone posts this.Yes yes yes i agree.It happensso much for me.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sun Boosted blades/traps should have a gold border around the trap/blade since you need to use a gold colored card to enhance it

Explorer
May 09, 2010
I am glad I am not alone.

What usually happen to me is I spend the 30 sec. card picking time, chatting with my party on what blade he has on. Eventually we will have one round wasted.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
We tend to announce what traps or blades we are using at that turn.

Ex: trained/item/tc/pet/potent/item potent/tc potent/sharp/item sharp/pet sharp/tc sharp

(school)blade/tri(for elemental/spirit blades)/(school)trap/feint/etc.

If you do that and stick to only chatting about that, you have a record in the chat box of all that has gone on beforehand so you know what else will stack.

Good luck!

Scarlet*
Mercenaries101

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Ever Wonder on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
For High Lvl players out there has this happen to you.

You forget what trap or blade you put in either to you or your party.

With enhanced(potent etc.), regular, trap and treasure card, it is now quite difficult to track, especially in a party of four.

I hope they will come up a way to differentiate them, either by hovering a mouse on a player or by making them glow or a different color.

Any Ideas? Bump if you feel the same way.
When I was in Azteca I needed all my traps and blades to just kill the boss. I basically said to myself, okay enchanted blades and non-enchanted traps or vice-versa so I wouldn't forget if my feint was enchanted, etc.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
But I party with "no open chat" friends too.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
I absolutely LOVE this idea. I have these problems constantly. As a myth, it is sometimes difficult to tell mythblade, sharpened mythblade, spirit myth blade, sharpened spirit mythblade, blades that apply to all schools (like balanceblade & dragonblade), and traps that apply to all schools (like hex and feint.) I think a good idea would be to have something similar to the way you can scroll over the little circle that appears when you have an aura going and the amount of rounds left that shows what blades you have.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
We especially need a different color for feints. Instead of all black, why not white with black on the inside?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think all of the blades and traps need to be changed for their color schemes. I think each trap/blade should follow the school's coloring (like how the triple blades/traps already do), but with easy to tell diagrams on the "icons" beyond what school they come from. Why do Hex/Curse/Feint or Balanceblade/Dark Pact all look the same when they're from 2 different schools? If the coloring fit the schools better, this would help eliminate issues. Maybe what needs to happen is on the "inside" of the icon (what we see when the icon is NOT in the front), it would show the percentage on it. So, for example, the front of Dark Pact would have a Death school look to it (balance colors with the skull - so we can see it's a death cast but can affect all spells) on the front, and 30 on the back.

Also, another HUGE thing that would work would be an option to hide blades/traps that don't benefit any spell you have loaded. Notice I didn't say school, because if you have Satyr loaded and somebody puts a health boost blade on you, it's relevant to your LOADED spells.

Something else that would help is the option to show only ONE of each type of blade/trap at a time. So only ONE 40% Death blade can be shown at a time.

The last 2 options would also help lower the load on video cards as well, because we wouldn't need to see 27 full (exaggeration of course) spinning spirit blades

Here's another idea as well, though it would be much harder to implement I think (and would also work much better with the game Restored vs Full Screen). If we had a box, like the chat box, that we could scroll thru and see what buffs/shields were placed on an opponent (in order of casting). You would have an the School spell Icon and either how much added or subtracted. Once an opponent died, that info would be wiped from the box.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
You have great Ideas dayerider.

Keep the ideas flowing guys.

I was just thinking, why not when you hover a mouse pointer to a player, a drop down tab (just like the help tab when you hover on equipments), shows the blades and trap on him.

Maybe this is easier to implement.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Completely agree. I have tried doing one in a million only to find I put three of the same blade on me!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Greek and Roman Go... on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Completely agree. I have tried doing one in a million only to find I put three of the same blade on me!
What I did when I tried 9and failed) going for 1 in a million was to only bring one of each spell I was going to cast (learned or treasure card). This way, I knew every card I was using was only used once, but yes, that is one instance that the overlapping gets nuts

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Needed, especially the sharpen blade enchant from pets & equipment. There is no way to tell them apart, even when they are in your hand. It isn't simply a case of forgetting. There is no visual difference at all. They should be marked or have a color difference so we can tell which is which.