Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

bigger dorms.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
Hi. I wanted to know if you guys want bigger dorms. Some people are low levels and their dorms are small. So do you want bigger dorms? How big?
Kaitlyn EarthBlossom

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
Kaitlyn EarthBloss... on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Hi. I wanted to know if you guys want bigger dorms. Some people are low levels and their dorms are small. So do you want bigger dorms? How big?
Kaitlyn EarthBlossom
i visited a friends dorm a few times (in real life) and it was really small(except maybe a bit bigger).i think ki is wanting you to have that until you reach lvl 15+. but yeah i see your point.

thomas night river lvl 23

thomas blade lvl 9

thomas andblade lvl 7

Survivor
Jan 03, 2014
My dorm is way too small!!!is there any way you guys can make it bigger?I have three plants and ten pets and whenever I want to add something to my room(or move a big object)I litearly have to move all my pets to my backpack.Please fix this by making the dorm rooms bigger for everyone,because I know im not the only wizard with this problem!!!

Amber thundershard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Kaitlyn EarthBloss... on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Kaitlyn EarthBlossom
I'm fine with my dorm room. It's perfect as a place for a new wizard. I doubt that KI will change it; if you want something bigger, buy a house.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Simple solution, level up to 15 and buy a house :P if you want more space.
I know this doesn't seem like a good answer but lets be honest, who, under level 15, is going to be having so many items to put in their dorm rooms?
Also, I realize that you most likely need to spend real $ to get to level 15 to buy a house. I realize that might not be cool with people that can't afford to pay but in this day in age, nothing in life is free :(
I hate saying it, but it is true.
I think it's cool that KI even gives you a dorm for free just by signing up for the game, but the space is limited because it is free. If you want more space and or a castle, you have to pay for it, kind of like a premium feature.

Sorry if this is coming off like a rant, it wasn't intended to be one!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Honestly, I think dorms are the proper size right now. Mostly lower level people would use them, since higher levels will purchase a house. Also, think of a dorm room in real life, they aren't that big. So I would say based on opinion that the size they are now is just fine.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
i think they should add an extra level to the dorms when your reach level 10

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
critical blizzard on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
strike that at level 12 because some people get to level 12 without buying a membership or crowns but rarely level 13 and up and a lot of those people who get to level 12 without a membership buy a membership after awhile.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
Maybe not bigger dorms for free; that kinda ruins the incentive to buy a house. But maybe pay, say 2,500 gold to expand? This would help those who can't pay to et to level 15. But still give them the option to get more space.
-Lauren DragonTail

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Well...
When in college you usually get a dorm for free which you would use for a year or so and then buy an apartment or house.
The dorms in college are very small, and this is also because they want you to move out into an apartment or house and not stay in the dorm forever.

They are fine the way they are. All I can say is, level up to level 15, save your gold, or just buy a bundle.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
TTD Fan on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Simple solution, level up to 15 and buy a house :P if you want more space.
I know this doesn't seem like a good answer but lets be honest, who, under level 15, is going to be having so many items to put in their dorm rooms?
Also, I realize that you most likely need to spend real $ to get to level 15 to buy a house. I realize that might not be cool with people that can't afford to pay but in this day in age, nothing in life is free :(
I hate saying it, but it is true.
I think it's cool that KI even gives you a dorm for free just by signing up for the game, but the space is limited because it is free. If you want more space and or a castle, you have to pay for it, kind of like a premium feature.

Sorry if this is coming off like a rant, it wasn't intended to be one!
they have to be a member to post this thread or at least used to have to

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
All dorms are small for every wizard, as you progress through the game, you will reach the requirements to purchase a new house! Be sure to save up a lot of gold so you can purchase the house you want!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
critical blizzard on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Which would only be useful for 5 levels. Then, you unlock the castles, and you get one quickly.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
Actually, that would be a really good idea. When you get things like winterbane or pagoda and you're not allowed to buy a house yet, you're going to want to put it somewhere. And if you have a small dorm as it is now then you won't be able to get it with out rug glitching or something. So really that would be a pretty decent idea.

~ Kyle SoulGiver level 90

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
i know, i agree, but the dorms i visit (like the ones up at sheldon) are very small. the dorms up there are only 2.5 meters times 2.5 meters. thats very small for me. maybe they should cost 2,500 gold to extend the dorm a bit?
The dorms are very small to me

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
I understand why people say to just lvl up. But some
people either dont have enough money or cant lvl up.
Ive been there before. Thats why i asked if you wanted bigger dorms.
Kaitlyn

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
I get how people just say lvl up and buy a new house. But it is hard to get that money. I think they should at least give a little more space for a dorm. Just in case the low lvls don't have enough money.
Kaitlyn EarthBlossom.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
I would agree that our dorms need to be bigger, yes, but not by much. It's true that proportionate to our wizard, the dorms are an accurate fit. But proportionally, we don't keep this much stuff in our dorms. If KI were to multiply our current size by 1.5, maybe 1.75, that would do wonders. I personally have 4 (dorm excluded) homes on my , and use my dorm as an office area. However, the space is too small... But only a little!

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
I've never personally lived in a dorm in the game that long, but I agree they probably should be a bit bigger. It's meant as more of "it's good enough until you're level 15, then get out asap".

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
I am surprised to see that no one has mentioned the size of the Pirate 101 dorm. It is very much larger. I think KI should make the size of it, but this goes back to the very beginning of the game. It would be very hard to change it and I think it would be okay. You can just use rugs and tatami floor mats and make it larger. (ex. use teleport pads or "stairs" to get there)
lvl 41
With persistence, anything can be achieved