Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better graphics and textures?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
I absolutely positively love this game, and while I'm playing it and enjoying it I start to look at my character and everybody else's character. They look... well you know... 2007'ish. Compared to other games this one is amazing don't get me wrong its just the graphics are a little off. The HUD can be a little better. I do like the health and the mana globes and the bubbles that come up! But, Then you look at your wand as your cursor and the spell book interface like I said earlier, just a little off. It would be pretty fantastic if Kingsisle would look into it and focus on getting better quality for the game. Thanks for reading!

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I 100% agree with you. I was also just looking at the graphics too. I have been playing on and off again since 2009, and not much has changed graphic wise. I think it would be a great addition to the game!!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Vezerix on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
I absolutely positively love this game, and while I'm playing it and enjoying it I start to look at my character and everybody else's character. They look... well you know... 2007'ish. Compared to other games this one is amazing don't get me wrong its just the graphics are a little off. The HUD can be a little better. I do like the health and the mana globes and the bubbles that come up! But, Then you look at your wand as your cursor and the spell book interface like I said earlier, just a little off. It would be pretty fantastic if Kingsisle would look into it and focus on getting better quality for the game. Thanks for reading!
The game is fine as is and is geared toward families. Families do not normally have gaming computers and a lot of us are on older computers without the ability to buy a new one just for a game.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Sure enough that the game was launched in 2008, but, given the recent characters' models' looks through recent updates, they made previous ones look... well... bland, compared to others. Pirate101 utilized better graphics because of tech upgrades that made 3D models harbor more polygon triangles, better visual effects & allowing more visual effects appear on-screen, while maintaining their precise good FPS, with more capabilities, & better textures that make previous, earlier aspects of Wizard101 look like what you would sort of remember out of a painted room in a past old school, early grades or kindergarten, by comparison, in many different ways, in a matter of speaking. Don't take this the wrong way or anything like it. I'm just stating out my opinions, nothing more.

Big technical upgrades to W101's engines, file formats, hardware & graphical capabilities to allow improved textures towards previous ones, allow previous character models, even current & new ones, too, to take on more polygon triangles, & better visual effects with more added, along with behind the scenes changes, could make W101 catch up to the graphical & tech standards P101's engine, hardware & graphical capabilities & tech structures has, & perhaps a bit more, while retaining the soul of the original, past content, especially past content updates launched through the years & maintaining a smoother more refined process of creating new content to the game.

Even still, In a matter of speaking, I would pretty much like W101 to receive a severe graphical repainting & technical overhaul to meet current standards while retaining the original souls of past content intact once in a while, much like WOW's ways did through MOP & WOD, so I've read. I feel that the game deserves a makeover, don't you think? I care very much about the adventures, current & new, but I wouldn't mind the game receiving makeovers to past & current content once in a while. May keep it fresh that way, don't you think? I think so.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The game has enough issues of lag for many players, even using medium/high end CPU and GPU. It's a family game and shouldn't require having an elite graphics game computer setup just to play.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Is CGI animated 3D Mickey Mouse better than Walt Disney hand-drawn animated 2D Mickey Mouse?

Better is a subjective term, especially when it comes to something like this.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Yeah I would love a graphics upgrade at least so that its up with P101 level.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
TBH whilst a total graphics overhaul would be awesome I would be satisfied with a overhaul of the character graphics only.