Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Graphics

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
Now this is all just an idea and I know this may seem impractical because the majority of people who play Wizard101 don't have very beefy computers, but I thought maybe it would be cool to give players the option to play in stunning resolutions like 4K and just allow better graphics in general for people who have tougher computers.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Hmmm… I don't have a beefy computer, it's just a lightweight laptop and the graphics still aren't that good. It would be cool for them to upgrade them.

Sabrina Wintercloud

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
Resolutions

While yes, it may be true that most people who play Wizard101 don't have powerful computers with fancy discrete graphics cards or awesome integrated graphics, I thought it would be cool to be able to set custom resolutions like 4k, 1440p, or even just 1080p. This is because 768p is a relatively small resolution and if you look at your screen (unless it's really small) you can actually see the pixels.

Anti-Aliasing
Another thing I would love to see added in is an Anti-Aliasing setting just to smooth out edges and make less pixels visible around corners, and yes I know that Anti-Aliasing is very demanding and requires a somewhat beefy computer, I think it would make the game feel more realistic and smoothed out.
Trilinear Filtering
I think this isn't really a must but I thought it would be nice to add to the game just so the game's camera would be able to see further without starting to look bad.
Ansioscopic Filtering
Again this in't a must, but it would still improve the quality of the image from oblique camera angles.
Summary
Why I believe these features should be added is because they would create more competition against more popular MMOs and would make the playing experience more immerse for players who had good enough computers to run these more advanced settings.
Sincerely,
Justin SeaSword

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
Sabrina Winterclou... on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
Hmmm… I don't have a beefy computer, it's just a lightweight laptop and the graphics still aren't that good. It would be cool for them to upgrade them.

Sabrina Wintercloud
Well Sabrina, I guess most people who play Wizard101 don't have good computers but you should still be able to run at max setting on default but if you have a higher end laptop you would probably be able to run the game at 1080p with minimal lag. If you tell me your computer's specs, I should be able to tell you if you would be able to run it, you can just say if your graphics are integrated or discrete if they are integrated tell me how much RAM you have.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Justin SeaSword on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
Resolutions

While yes, it may be true that most people who play Wizard101 don't have powerful computers with fancy discrete graphics cards or awesome integrated graphics, I thought it would be cool to be able to set custom resolutions like 4k, 1440p, or even just 1080p. This is because 768p is a relatively small resolution and if you look at your screen (unless it's really small) you can actually see the pixels.

Anti-Aliasing
Another thing I would love to see added in is an Anti-Aliasing setting just to smooth out edges and make less pixels visible around corners, and yes I know that Anti-Aliasing is very demanding and requires a somewhat beefy computer, I think it would make the game feel more realistic and smoothed out.
Trilinear Filtering
I think this isn't really a must but I thought it would be nice to add to the game just so the game's camera would be able to see further without starting to look bad.
Ansioscopic Filtering
Again this in't a must, but it would still improve the quality of the image from oblique camera angles.
Summary
Why I believe these features should be added is because they would create more competition against more popular MMOs and would make the playing experience more immerse for players who had good enough computers to run these more advanced settings.
Sincerely,
Justin SeaSword
No...for the reasons you already stated.
However, there is no reason they cannot do a more reasonable upgrade like Pirates. I play both [now] and have no issues whatsoever with Pirates.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
I'd definitely like to see better resolution applied to the game. Everything just looks too blocky for my tastes and if it weren't for the fact that I am presently hooked on the game, I wouldn't consent to paying for a membership at its current price.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
RavenLady777 on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
However, there is no reason they cannot do a more reasonable upgrade like Pirates. I play both [now] and have no issues whatsoever with Pirates.
Well RavenLady777, I only played Pirate101 once and it's graphics are noticeably better than Wizard101 and I would be happy with a patch that makes Wizard101 look on par with Pirate101 as well. But aside from that, I think that if Kingsisle doesn't do anything at all, they will have a hard time competing with other MMOs as new releases come out and create more competition.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
RavenLady777 on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
It would work if there was the option to turn these features on and off, depending on your computer.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
lewski on Mar 26, 2015 wrote:
It would work if there was the option to turn these features on and off, depending on your computer.
That I would agree with.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
lewski on Mar 26, 2015 wrote:
Yeah, I think that would be a good idea too.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
Hey and with DirectX 12, something like this seems more possible than ever!