Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Berserk

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Berserk, it gives a nice 30% boost to your attacks, but 40% to your opponents. Isn't that a little much? Your hurting yourself for 10% damage. If you ask me it should be 15% so then it's helping you by 15%, like amplify. If you guys think not, then tell me a strategy I could use with berserk, going first, and last in the deul.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
emilo wrote:
Berserk, it gives a nice 30% boost to your attacks, but 40% to your opponents. Isn't that a little much? Your hurting yourself for 10% damage. If you ask me it should be 15% so then it's helping you by 15%, like amplify. If you guys think not, then tell me a strategy I could use with berserk, going first, and last in the deul.

Beserk is an aura so you don't have to take damage all four rounds. You can change your aura right after you attack (so it becomes like an extra 30% blade for 0 pips). Timing is key to prevent that extra damage from being used against you. Using this with a Taunting Ice wizard in PvE works wonders. Enemies will be so focused on the Ice wizard they won't attack you to receive the increase damage.

While questing/farming in higher level worlds AoEs are more frequent, so timing becomes even more important.

It's also important for cheating bosses that remove or don't allow blades or traps and cut into your stacking strategy.

If you solo frequently, it is not the best spell.