Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being able to change your PRIMARY school.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Everyone already knows that you can purchase all your training points back with crowns from Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court. But I think it would be really awesome if you could change primary schools as well. I mean it's a win win situation. Wizards could change primary schools, and obviously have to pay a lot more crowns to do so then changing your secondary school. If KI uses money from crown buyers to help in all sorts of things, then this wouldn't be a let down to them. I mean they could charge like 10,000 crowns to be able to change your primary school. Enough so that everyone wouldn't be changing all willy nilly constantly, but at the same time I know quite a few people who would change schools at least once. I know after playing the game long enough to achieve a grandmaster status I know pretty much everything there is to know about my school and all the others. And I think that once you have gotten that far and figured out what you like and don't like about certain schools, you should be able to change to the one you like best instead of having to start from scratch with a new character.

:-) Sincerely,
Alexis FairyPetal
Grandmaster Balance

Administrator
Young Wizard, if you wish to study in a different school of focus, you need to start a new character. You can have up to six different characters on a single Wizard101 account. To make a new character, just press the 'New' button on the character selection screen.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Not that I don't love this game, but my point is this. I DO NOT want to have to do all of the same quests I have already worked so hard on the first time in order to have a wizard of a different school. For me it takes the fun out of doing something when you've already done it so many times. I've done all of my quests and then helped numerous friends with theirs. Starting over from the beginning is more of a "headache" than it's worth. And since I DO love this game so much I don't want it to be over, so being able to change your primary school would give something new and different to the game play without having to start all over again.

Sincerely,
Alexis FairyPetal
Grandmaster Balance

Defender
May 09, 2009
the one problem i see with this is what about the quest spells?
would you have to do them ALL OVER again :? even then changing your school could be like cheating. say your death and you get to malistair o look him and his minions are all death hmm what do you do. well without changing your school you would get friends add converts to your deck and beat malistair. but if you decide you wanted to solo it and you could change your school, and you were death you would go, hmm what school is less likely to be there, balance. so you change your school and you go in and you manage to beat it then after that you say i want to be death again go back and change it again. so through all of this you got to defeat malistair with no help and by making it way to easy.

o and the second problem is what about the gear? i doubt that would change seeing as some of the gear is meant for only one school.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
lilsnowangel725 wrote:
Not that I don't love this game, but my point is this. I DO NOT want to have to do all of the same quests I have already worked so hard on the first time in order to have a wizard of a different school. For me it takes the fun out of doing something when you've already done it so many times. I've done all of my quests and then helped numerous friends with theirs. Starting over from the beginning is more of a "headache" than it's worth. And since I DO love this game so much I don't want it to be over, so being able to change your primary school would give something new and different to the game play without having to start all over again.

Sincerely,
Alexis FairyPetal
Grandmaster Balance

I understand definitly. I do agree that sometimes I just want to make my guy stop saying that I'm a Thergiust (long story). Well, I'd like this to happen but I would agree the Quest spells would get a little hectic. Unless, you really REALLY want to get that other school. I could see this happening, though I do have some doubts about the idea. Here is a list of things that would be a little messy:

-The quest spells
-The loss of much data may effect the game play
-The possibility of you having a pet of your school, and then not being able to use it
-When you get a different title, I'm afraid it wouldn't be fixed easily to your chosen new school
-And, possibly, in a way, it could be used as a cheat. If you go in and redo quest spells gaining you XP, you would be getting more XP than the game system would do.

So, in a few ways, it could make the game a little unorderly. But I do agree the game should let you do this, maybe just subtract the old quest-spell points. But as I say again, the game system would have to work harder and harder, and the system would become very unorderly.

mman17 out!

Survivor
May 20, 2009
lilsnowangel725 wrote:
Everyone already knows that you can purchase all your training points back with crowns from Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court. But I think it would be really awesome if you could change primary schools as well. I mean it's a win win situation. Wizards could change primary schools, and obviously have to pay a lot more crowns to do so then changing your secondary school. If KI uses money from crown buyers to help in all sorts of things, then this wouldn't be a let down to them. I mean they could charge like 10,000 crowns to be able to change your primary school. Enough so that everyone wouldn't be changing all willy nilly constantly, but at the same time I know quite a few people who would change schools at least once. I know after playing the game long enough to achieve a grandmaster status I know pretty much everything there is to know about my school and all the others. And I think that once you have gotten that far and figured out what you like and don't like about certain schools, you should be able to change to the one you like best instead of having to start from scratch with a new character.

:-) Sincerely,
Alexis FairyPetal
Grandmaster Balance

I agree, it would definitely save a lot of time and frustration in started COMPLETELY over...

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I do think that there may be some problems. But I think that if you have already done the specific school quests to get a spell they should just say, "Okay well they've done the level 48 quest for that school so we can just switch it over and say no need for them to do the level 48 quest for this school." And as far as the XP points go you just dont have to do any thing that you have already done on your other school. Almost all quests are the same with exception of the spell quests so if I have done one on my balance wizard no need to do it on my new school wizard. If I'm level 30 when I switch schools, I'm level 30 on my new school as well nothing changes except the spells you have. As far as titles go its about the same everyone gets the same titles except for the ones pertaining to that specific school and i dont really care much about school titles they give you away in pvp. The loss of data may be a problem but im sure the guys at KI could figure it out some how, theyre great at figuring out everything else. Why not this?

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
i totally agree with all comments made. the system would have to work harder but it would also get players that did it to maybe tell their friends and then its a win for kings isle and a win for wizards peace out
8)