Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beds, chairs, and benches

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 15, 2008
ravenlady777, she said beds will not happen

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Beds that restore full health -- and faster than waiting for your health to restore normally. Chairs that also
restore health, ... altho' not as fast as taking a nap on your bed. Educational items, like books, the globe,
the telescope, etc, that give a small amount of experience, ... once a day, for the one character. Also, ...
applicable on Pirate101, so don't really think I need to post there was well.

Basically, what good is a house full of items that you cannot actually use for anything? I'd like to sit down
at my desk in my dorm and "read" from the book there, and get a handful of experience for it.

At the very least, just to make having stuff in my room make sense beyond appearance ...

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I think we should be able to sit on furniture like chairs,beds,couches etc i think it would be really cool if they do and the game would be so much better they should do that in there update i would love it

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
Hello! I'm new to the Message boards so this is my first topic so I hope you enjoy!
KI I Have this great idea. So you know the beds, I think that if you press x or click and you would sleep. There could be a button you could press when you want to wake up. There could be a time limit like lets say 5 minutes. That could be a more use full for beds. See you guys!
Emily Summersinger

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Emily Summersinger on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello! I'm new to the Message boards so this is my first topic so I hope you enjoy!
KI I Have this great idea. So you know the beds, I think that if you press x or click and you would sleep. There could be a button you could press when you want to wake up. There could be a time limit like lets say 5 minutes. That could be a more use full for beds. See you guys!
Emily Summersinger
No.
Sorry, this will not happen. This is a family/child-based game and there will be no laying down or sitting. This is per KI and Professor Greyrose.

I know you're new here, but this has been suggested and turned down tons of times.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
An idea of mine is that our players should be able to use extended the furnitures such as the bed that you can see your character sleeps in bed or the bath using the duck inside the bath and making bubbles or the chairs and benches are also a good idea to be used as sitting and chatting with friends in any home. I hope that will give you a spark for your game. Thanks for hearing me.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013
I would like to see interactive furniture (sit in,lay down on, so on) I know this can be done as I seen in other games. I would like to see more furniture for homes . Also maybe friends can visit your home and get coins for a daily visit or rewards (tc or pet cards) . Maybe a decoration contest of votes or something If you are offline they can still visit get rewards , but may not enter say Winterbane if you have it . It would be only available when the owner is online . I think that would improve the game for those who can not have membership but still like to play and can have other things to do in the game. I also would like for paying Members the same as sometimes you want break from questing. If you liek teh idea please bump or add your own ideas thanks

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
wouldn it be cool uf we could sit and sleep on the couches and beds and actualy eat the food to keep strangth and to actually back in the game? or what if we could actually make a game for the house tours in the houses we put in there like a finding game. for example find the objects you decided to place in hiding.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
I like the ideal of siting in the chairs but I have to agree no beds

Historian
May 28, 2009
Phel on Apr 6, 2011 wrote:
If stacked with increased health and mana regen while sitting/sleeping etc., then this would be perfect.
This is a good idea but as said, players can't lay on beds. I think I know how to still use your idea though, players when interacting with the beds to regain their health, they simply have a spellbook mark above their head just like when they are using the spellbook (or just disappear) and play a minigame just like the ones in the fairground to regain health. That will be pretty cool.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
I don't know if it bothers you but mainly on land you can run and hop. And Hop isn't even useful! i'd like to have in the dorms a special clock, that even 30 minutes or so it'll switch to night or day in your house\castle\dorm. And at this time you can go and lie down in your bed, or even be able to sit in the chairs around your home. It bugs me that the bed and chairs are only for decoration.

~Sisterhood of Life~

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
The Stormex on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
This is a good idea but as said, players can't lay on beds. I think I know how to still use your idea though, players when interacting with the beds to regain their health, they simply have a spellbook mark above their head just like when they are using the spellbook (or just disappear) and play a minigame just like the ones in the fairground to regain health. That will be pretty cool.
Yes but the mini games. like at the fair grounds are sold at the crown shop so why would they let you get them in your home for free and with the way some players act I do agree that you should not be able to use the beds but I have no problem with the chairs

Miranda lvl 94

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i understand why greyrose said no to the op's idea~ this is a family game, and there are just too many things that people could misuse/exploit.

that said, a more family-friendly version could be something like... a sleeping bag, or even a wizard-hospital. if you are low on mana or health, just plop your sleeping bag on the ground and nap to regenerate your mana/health. or you could go to the hospital wing (like in the potter series) and come out right as rain!

(here's looking at you, storm wizards).

the idea of a day/night toggle sounds neat, though. my wizards like skulking around after nightfall.

-von

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
People, Don't make Professor Greyrose annoyed, She already said "No." And frankly, I don't want to see a power of a 1000 Blizzards come down on you,

Kane Skullstaff
Your Local mancer

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
This is a game rated E10. Players will NOT be laying on beds.

As for other ways to interact with furniture, this is an often suggested idea, and something we will continue to consider.
I completely understand why laying on a bed would be a big "no no" but it could be made kid friendly. (Meaning one person sitting on a bed) Instead of lying down, one could sit on the edge of the bed. It would be a little edgy, but I think it would be more E10 and would still represent what some people want. Also, I think that mana/health regen would be a really cool thing, or even something to do with dreams. Maybe your character drifts off while studying the history of Myth magic, and you find yourself playing new mini-games. I think it would be cool.

Bailey Winter 46
Bailey DreamBlossom 52
Bailey Ash 64
Olivia Death 74
Grace SilverBlade 78
Olivia 84

Survivor
Mar 13, 2013
kspirtweaver1996 on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
Yes but the mini games. like at the fair grounds are sold at the crown shop so why would they let you get them in your home for free and with the way some players act I do agree that you should not be able to use the beds but I have no problem with the chairs

Miranda lvl 94
I agree I like chairs but defiantly no beds this is a family game and little kids play this and it is bad enough that in the commons all you hear is adult bed talk so I do not think we need to give them more ways to be inappropriate with their language and behaviors

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
Aurora Griffin on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Beds that restore full health -- and faster than waiting for your health to restore normally. Chairs that also
restore health, ... altho' not as fast as taking a nap on your bed. Educational items, like books, the globe,
the telescope, etc, that give a small amount of experience, ... once a day, for the one character. Also, ...
applicable on Pirate101, so don't really think I need to post there was well.

Basically, what good is a house full of items that you cannot actually use for anything? I'd like to sit down
at my desk in my dorm and "read" from the book there, and get a handful of experience for it.

At the very least, just to make having stuff in my room make sense beyond appearance ...
Good idea!! they should do that! and be able to jump on beds????? i really wanna!! that would be awesome!!!1! (1 in mistake or purpose means you want it really badly )

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Roslyn night coin on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
Good idea!! they should do that! and be able to jump on beds????? i really wanna!! that would be awesome!!!1! (1 in mistake or purpose means you want it really badly )
come on good ideal have you seen the way some players talk in commons

No No No beds

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Yes, I agree, this is a cool idea, but I gotta agree with Greyrose. No beds, but maybe sitting on things? Also, what about jumping on things? I've tried to jump on tons of things. It doesn't do anything. You should be able to jump on things, or over things.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Survivor
Mar 18, 2013
yeah no beds but I like the chairs ideal it might be cool

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Why are all the chairs, couches and beds just there to be looked at when they could be so much more?

I wanna see an update where i can sit on the throne in my Dragon's Fjord and enjoy a conversation with my friends or even eat from the various plats of food i have set up that's just rotting [so to speak].

Who here agrees that the housing system would be much better if things were as such?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
monkeykiddd on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Why are all the chairs, couches and beds just there to be looked at when they could be so much more?

I wanna see an update where i can sit on the throne in my Dragon's Fjord and enjoy a conversation with my friends or even eat from the various plats of food i have set up that's just rotting [so to speak].

Who here agrees that the housing system would be much better if things were as such?
You are not going to see this...ever. This has been asked for and denied by KI tons of times (via Professor Greyrose) pretty since the beginning. Reason? This is a kids game and the things older people can and might do on that furniture is not family friendly.