Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Becoming merchants in Caravan

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Whoever has played through Mirage knows that the first few quests involves bringing Caravan back to life. I was thinking if we could merchants in the Caravan market. Like crafting and gardening we can be apprentices, then initiates and so on. To get items to sell, we would need to find unique chests that give us these goods. These chests would be around Mirage, so we need to hunting for them. These items would have a rarity. They can be awfully common up to straight up rare. Of course, depending on how rare these items are they would sell for more or less. Now you must be thinking, what items could we sell? I was thinking some items which were already in the game like bobble heads and even code wands. There would be new items too. I was thinking some new collectables like little figurines of the Ravenwood teachers, Merle Ambrose, The Arcanum teachers, some iconic NPC'S. We would be able to sell some gear too. Now how would this system work? First Burdie would pop up on your screen and ask you to visit him. (You would need to finish questing in Caravan to get this quest) He would ask you if you would want to set up a tent in Caravan and start selling goods. If you accept you would then have to talk to some of the merchants already there in Caravan. Then you report back to Burdie and start your journey. Like I said, you need to look for chests to stock up. So now you have a few items. When you enter Caravan, like fishing there would be a little icon telling you that you can start selling or trading. You can sell your items to the merchants in Caravan or trade goods with them. Wizards around can see a little icon next to your characters name saying that you can sell to them or trade. You need to click on their player and you see the normal options like friend them, add them to a group, but there would be 2 more. They would be trade and buy. Buying: You click on that, you would be able to check what they have up for sale. You can select up to 3 items. Then on the Merchants screen an icon would pop and say: You have a costumer! It is up to the wizard to select yes or no. So you click yes and the buyer gets what they want. They would need to have the gold to buy of course :P The wizard gets the gold of course. Trading: You can trade up to 3 items. The goods you have must have the same rank as what the other wizard has for you. They can be an option to disable the ranking system for trading as well as only have friends trade or buy what you have in stock. As time goes, you get up the ladder and then finally become a Grandmaster Merchant. You can go to different parts of Mirage and do business as a Grandmaster merchant. Even other Merchants can do business with you. Do you any of you like this idea? Should it be in game? Do have any way to improve this idea? What are the flaws of what I have put up here? Please let me know! :)

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
Your a wizard trying to save the world you don't have time to become some common merchant in Caravan.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Mirajane7887 on Jan 14, 2017 wrote:
Whoever has played through Mirage knows that the first few quests involves bringing Caravan back to life. I was thinking if we could merchants in the Caravan market. Like crafting and gardening we can be apprentices, then initiates and so on. To get items to sell, we would need to find unique chests that give us these goods. These chests would be around Mirage, so we need to hunting for them. These items would have a rarity. They can be awfully common up to straight up rare. Of course, depending on how rare these items are they would sell for more or less. Now you must be thinking, what items could we sell? I was thinking some items which were already in the game like bobble heads and even code wands. There would be new items too. I was thinking some new collectables like little figurines of the Ravenwood teachers, Merle Ambrose, The Arcanum teachers, some iconic NPC'S. We would be able to sell some gear too. Now how would this system work? First Burdie would pop up on your screen and ask you to visit him. (You would need to finish questing in Caravan to get this quest) He would ask you if you would want to set up a tent in Caravan and start selling goods. If you accept you would then have to talk to some of the merchants already there in Caravan. Then you report back to Burdie and start your journey. Like I said, you need to look for chests to stock up. So now you have a few items. When you enter Caravan, like fishing there would be a little icon telling you that you can start selling or trading. You can sell your items to the merchants in Caravan or trade goods with them. Wizards around can see a little icon next to your characters name saying that you can sell to them or trade. You need to click on their player and you see the normal options like friend them, add them to a group, but there would be 2 more. They would be trade and buy. Buying: You click on that, you would be able to check what they have up for sale. You can select up to 3 items. Then on the Merchants screen an icon would pop and say: You have a costumer! It is up to the wizard to select yes or no. So you click yes and the buyer gets what they want. They would need to have the gold to buy of course :P The wizard gets the gold of course. Trading: You can trade up to 3 items. The goods you have must have the same rank as what the other wizard has for you. They can be an option to disable the ranking system for trading as well as only have friends trade or buy what you have in stock. As time goes, you get up the ladder and then finally become a Grandmaster Merchant. You can go to different parts of Mirage and do business as a Grandmaster merchant. Even other Merchants can do business with you. Do you any of you like this idea? Should it be in game? Do have any way to improve this idea? What are the flaws of what I have put up here? Please let me know! :)
It sounds a most wonderful idea, but it has a few flaws - you mentioned selling to/buying from or trading with other players; I don't want to be forced by a quest requirement to risk being ripped off by the unscrupulous. Another problem is that there would be too many sellers and possibly not enough buyers.
I think for this quest to work, you would have to find certain objects and persuade the merchants to buy from you.