Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Weak to Balance

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
227
Since Balance has no opposite and no converts i think balance should be made weak against itself. This would really help us balance wizards because whenever there are balance bosses or enemies we can't get around their resistance. sure, we have some other school spells, but they are hard to prepare because it's either random school damage or 3 different-school weak damages. And balance blades only boost the first damage. Who else thinks this should be done?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Since Balance has no opposite and no converts i think balance should be made weak against itself. This would really help us balance wizards because whenever there are balance bosses or enemies we can't get around their resistance. sure, we have some other school spells, but they are hard to prepare because it's either random school damage or 3 different-school weak damages. And balance blades only boost the first damage. Who else thinks this should be done?
While it would be nice, don't count on it. Balance, like any other school, has the ability to train other school spells. And should, just for this purpose.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
21
Well there was another school that was tought by the witch in fire cat alley i think they should of added another school so i agree with yes and no .

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
eriniceheart. on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Well there was another school that was tought by the witch in fire cat alley i think they should of added another school so i agree with yes and no .
alchemy and based if you read the quests carefully you will realize its more likely potions then transmutation in wizard101

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
311
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Since Balance has no opposite and no converts i think balance should be made weak against itself. This would really help us balance wizards because whenever there are balance bosses or enemies we can't get around their resistance. sure, we have some other school spells, but they are hard to prepare because it's either random school damage or 3 different-school weak damages. And balance blades only boost the first damage. Who else thinks this should be done?
I think they should just make a convert that turns balance damage into any other damage. I do know how balance resist can make things harder for balance wizards. Also, Balance Blades, like all other blades, count for the whole attack. Only traps do one part of the damage.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
RavenLady777 on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
While it would be nice, don't count on it. Balance, like any other school, has the ability to train other school spells. And should, just for this purpose.
I disagree. Same-school battles are already a nightmare for Balance wizards, and telling us to just use another school's spells is basically telling us to get mastery amulets, which is already being heavily pushed by KI... If we want to pvp, or even get through any sort of battle in Azteca, a myth mastery amulet is practically a requirement already.

When fighting balance enemies, I pack my invent with cleanse charm and shatter. I also load up on things like spec and hydra, since elemental does way more damage for less pips. And I pack colossal, always. Plus it helps that I have stupidly high damage for a balance wizard... but that's just an added bonus.

When it comes to PvE, though, it annoys me that, at level 95, I still have no efficient way to break shields or get rid of weakness without wasting time and pips, when the other school's can wand or use a low pip DoT to get rid of it or just convert and bypass it. And I find it just a little unfair that we are the only ones who are forced to rely so heavily on off-school spells. Cleanse charm and shatter should have been Balance spells, for the frequency which we are required to use them.

-von

PS: Typing this from my iPad, so I apologize preemptively for any mistakes.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
158
Dr Von on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
I disagree. Same-school battles are already a nightmare for Balance wizards, and telling us to just use another school's spells is basically telling us to get mastery amulets, which is already being heavily pushed by KI... If we want to pvp, or even get through any sort of battle in Azteca, a myth mastery amulet is practically a requirement already.

When fighting balance enemies, I pack my invent with cleanse charm and shatter. I also load up on things like spec and hydra, since elemental does way more damage for less pips. And I pack colossal, always. Plus it helps that I have stupidly high damage for a balance wizard... but that's just an added bonus.

When it comes to PvE, though, it annoys me that, at level 95, I still have no efficient way to break shields or get rid of weakness without wasting time and pips, when the other school's can wand or use a low pip DoT to get rid of it or just convert and bypass it. And I find it just a little unfair that we are the only ones who are forced to rely so heavily on off-school spells. Cleanse charm and shatter should have been Balance spells, for the frequency which we are required to use them.

-von

PS: Typing this from my iPad, so I apologize preemptively for any mistakes.
i agree. i think it would be awesome, also, if we could get spirit blast. though hopefully it would do more damage than the harpy's spell.

Gabriel Ashcaller

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
98
Defender
Dec 25, 2012
129
Dr Von on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
I disagree. Same-school battles are already a nightmare for Balance wizards, and telling us to just use another school's spells is basically telling us to get mastery amulets, which is already being heavily pushed by KI... If we want to pvp, or even get through any sort of battle in Azteca, a myth mastery amulet is practically a requirement already.

When fighting balance enemies, I pack my invent with cleanse charm and shatter. I also load up on things like spec and hydra, since elemental does way more damage for less pips. And I pack colossal, always. Plus it helps that I have stupidly high damage for a balance wizard... but that's just an added bonus.

When it comes to PvE, though, it annoys me that, at level 95, I still have no efficient way to break shields or get rid of weakness without wasting time and pips, when the other school's can wand or use a low pip DoT to get rid of it or just convert and bypass it. And I find it just a little unfair that we are the only ones who are forced to rely so heavily on off-school spells. Cleanse charm and shatter should have been Balance spells, for the frequency which we are required to use them.

-von

PS: Typing this from my iPad, so I apologize preemptively for any mistakes.
has anyone noticed dr.von and ravenlady777 are in just about every post

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
135
It should have a convert to ravenlady is kinda wrong

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
135
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
861
RavenLady777 on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
While it would be nice, don't count on it. Balance, like any other school, has the ability to train other school spells. And should, just for this purpose.
Yeah, but a conjurer learns storm and is ready for any battle, a sorcerer learns fire, ice, storm, myth, life or death, and their balance spells still have no use and they need a mastery amulet to stand a real chance, which some people can't get.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, but a conjurer learns storm and is ready for any battle, a sorcerer learns fire, ice, storm, myth, life or death, and their balance spells still have no use and they need a mastery amulet to stand a real chance, which some people can't get.
Yes, I understand. But the prisms have been suggested for a long time now and KI has done nothing. I wasn't disagreeing that this was needed, only suggesting how to play around it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, but a conjurer learns storm and is ready for any battle, a sorcerer learns fire, ice, storm, myth, life or death, and their balance spells still have no use and they need a mastery amulet to stand a real chance, which some people can't get.
The thing that bugs me is that secondary school's don't serve any purpose whatsoever, unless you have a mastery amulet. Luckily, I had one kicking around in my shared bank (life wizard got a storm mastery as a drop in waterworks once) and it was the only reason my balance wizard beat Belloq... I bought a bunch of wild bolt tc and spammed those, because spec and hydra cost way too many pips to be able to hit him every round. And Celestia forbid I fizzle...

Every other school has a spammable DoT, except us; every other school can wand off weakness without losing their blades; every other school can bypass shields, boosts against something, and has way more buffs available. I feel like we sorcerers are being slowly but surely phased out....Either that, or the entire school was just poorly conceived and even more poorly executed.

When my balance wizard got her one in a mil badge, I had to use Life damage to get it, since we lack the resources to do so with balance damage (I got my badge before Azteca, so there was no sharpened blade or potent trap).

Come on, KI. If you're going to make things so complicated, at least give us the resources to do the job right, without spending real money in order to do what the other schools can do for free.

-von

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
311
Gabriel 1 savage p... on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
i agree. i think it would be awesome, also, if we could get spirit blast. though hopefully it would do more damage than the harpy's spell.

Gabriel Ashcaller
There's already a spirt-school tri-attack (spirit version of hydra) but does more damage. It's called Chimera and isn't well known.