Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance unfair-ness

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
I am honestly getting annoyed with people who are asking me to blade them an stuff like that shield too. same thing with life people who are getting tired of people asking them to heal I seriously think that people need to stop only wanting us to blade an stuff. Yes balance has lots of blades but its not the only thing we are meant for! also (for fellow balance wizards) its really hard to try an defeat balance guys cause we have no opposite school yes we have hydra an chimera (well not for me yet) hydra doesn't do a lot an overpowered judgment doesn't do enough with the resist. I hope people see this and see why I am mad. I know people will respond saying it is far but to us more or less high lvl wizards it kinda is

Kevin LegendThorn level 64 Sorcerer

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
mrcoolguy389 on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
I am honestly getting annoyed with people who are asking me to blade them an stuff like that shield too. same thing with life people who are getting tired of people asking them to heal I seriously think that people need to stop only wanting us to blade an stuff. Yes balance has lots of blades but its not the only thing we are meant for! also (for fellow balance wizards) its really hard to try an defeat balance guys cause we have no opposite school yes we have hydra an chimera (well not for me yet) hydra doesn't do a lot an overpowered judgment doesn't do enough with the resist. I hope people see this and see why I am mad. I know people will respond saying it is far but to us more or less high lvl wizards it kinda is

The shrike spell fixes the no convert for balance at high levels. It adds 50% armor piercing, which will pierce through most, if not all, of an opponent's resist. And, why should balance not blade other people? It is not only used for blades, but can do a lot of damage. Balance is the only school that gets easy blades to any school, without any drawbacks on the spell. Life is the best school for healing, as it gets the most powerful and only more than one player at a time heals. Also, it's interesting to me that no one ever mentions how people want fire and storm to attack. Posts like this are always saying that only a few schools get things like this said to them, when really, all do, and it really doesn't matter. If you win the battle, it does not matter whether you heal, blade, or attack. It's better to just do whatever is best for your own team.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Did you have an idea or a suggestion, or is this mainly a gripe?

Be understanding of your teammates and try to adapt to their strengths. If they can't hit very well, it will be up to you. If they can hit better than you, make them even stronger or try to heal. Playing in a team means that you change up what you do to match the situation. You don't speak at the same volume in a library and a football stadium right? Same principle here.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i hate this, too.

ever since she was a baby wizard, my sorcerer has been asked to "just pass and let me kill"; i tell them no and, if they persist, i 1) kill the monsters myself, because i am awesome sauce, or 2) flee and change realms.

don't be afraid to say no to someone. just because you *can* heal and buff them doesn't mean that you *have* to.

-

the only exception to this is if you are in a group and all of you have decided beforehand that your only purpose in that instance is to play support.

all of my dungeon runs are done with close friends~ they all come prepared and don't expect me to heal or buff them, so i have no problem doing either; if i think my friend beside me can kill faster, i will help her do so.

different story entirely when someone is rude, unprepared, or both. i don't care who you are~ i won't listen to you dictate to me how to fight.

-von

Survivor
Feb 11, 2013
I love being a balance wizard ...... But yes like you said balance isn't just for the blades because I know balance has lots of blades and stuff but because of that people always ask for that kinda stuff and its like seriously stop asking us because the more you ask the less we're gonna wanna give some to you..... You have your own school and you should have your own blades, and if you don't GO LEVEL UP!! Please and if you do thank you it is just like life wizards! When I am in battles and its with a life wizard they sometimes ask for a heal and I say no and they're like "Oh come on why not?" I'm thinking in my head your a life wizard you should be able to heal yourself. I understand that sometimes you can't find your blades in battles and then you ask for them or in battles and your a life and you can't find a heal and you ask, I can understand that but otherwise STOP ASKING!!!!! Because honestly in my opinion it just gets very annoying. And also one other think high level people need to stop calling lower level people noobs just because they aren't that high. They are just starting the game or maybe they just aren't members, when I first started high level people called me a noob but just ignore it if you low level people get mad don't say the wrong thing, because that will just get you in trouble!!! And with people that have open chat GROW UP just because you have open chat doesn't mean you go around saying "Thats gay," or "Your so stupid." I have open chat and I see that all the time and it gets really old trust me. As a plus most of you people with open chat probabaly aren't even old enough to have it, and they just wanna be a show off. Think and get this through all your THICK heads that when you first started you were all level one....... How do you think the other person feels? Not very good I bet they might laugh cause they're trying to hold it back. It gets old. Remember that guys and like I said GROW UP thank you..............................

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013
I love being balance and if played right spells are very strong that we cast . I noticed though I hardly get any balance school drops like armor hats rings so on why is that ? I always get ice fire or storm? I agree with people always asking to blade them and some blades take one pip for us to cast .... We would like to fight to and need blades for us for spell to be strong

Survivor
Sep 05, 2013
I think the whole problem basically comes down to the fact that there are two totally different strategies for playing groups in a game like this.

The first, and the one it sounds like you're a fan of is the Free For All strategy. Just as it sounds like, this is where all group members primarily just concentrate on surviving while killing what they can as soon as they can. This is an entirely legitimate strategy and style of play.

The second one is a role-based strategy. This is where each group member has a specific role to play (Tank, Healer, Damage, and Utility), and concentrates primarily on that throughout the battle. This is a strategy that is more familiar to veteran players (meaning playing multiple MMORPG's for years). This is also an entirely legitimate strategy and style of play.

KI has been nice enough to set up the schools so that either way works. As long as the entire group is willing to use the same method, either is equally effective and fun. The problem comes in when part of a group wants to play one way and the rest want to play the other. The best advice I can give is to make sure any group you join wants to play in the style you like, and make sure to let people joining any group you're forming know how you like to play up front. If you do these things, I promise that both you and the rest of your group will be a lot less stressed, and a lot happier.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
The main reason why people ask you to blade them is to boost their spells and give them the ability to kill in one hit. I'm a level 84 storm and I did Aquila dungeon with two balance wizards, each battle they would blade me and use their traps and feints. By the time I attacked, I was packing a punch of 20,000+ damage. Wouldn't you rather blade and get the battles done quicker rather than keep all of it to yourself and have to hit the enemy several times? I have a Balance and I definitely would.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Who cares!? You don't necessarily have to! Yes I realize this is quite a problem with you, but if it bothers you so much find new friends!
Please excuse my rudeness.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
As much as I value everyone's opinion, I couldn't agree with this one.

I don't think I understand, balance has many blades that anyone can use, so why wouldn't you give them a blade, especially when you have bladestorm, which helps everyone!? Balance is a support school, if you don't like that then maybe balance just isn't the right school for you, why wouldn't you want to benifit your team? Say you're in a dungeon and someone is powering up for an attack, a team player would blade that person. I hate it when I am about to attack and people blade themselves! It's just selfish. Keep in mind that balance really shouldn't be the DPS, it's more of a storm, fire or ice kinda wizard's job. Same thing goes for life, the healing school. If someone needs healing, like in Tartarus frequently, they should focus on that. The life school's attacks are usually pretty weak compared to other schools anyways, no need for them to attack also, usually.

If you choose not to blade someone to help accomplish a common goal more quickly, that's your faul, stop complaining. As for the begging, that's not ok. I think storm and fire wizards usually act with arrogance because they feel more important, which isn't true. Maybe you should consider finding other people to play with, who will appreciate your blades (or don't ask for them) and a life wizard's heals (or heals themselves).

Thank you for letting me share my opinion, sorry if I came across too harsh.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
Ya you are right we are not only for blades.... i Think you can make like a prism for balance that gives any spirit school. And i have a question to... why don't have any shield??? every school except from our school has a shield against it except from us.. if we meet a balance boss they can kill you know cause balance is not that weak... so i just wonder why.... and one last thing plz make the lvl 98 spell to a balance spell that does damage on every enemy. please.. ////// lvl 94 dude

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
this is from a balance lvl 79 wizard who quests with family members:

while i agree that sometimes it feels like we aren't doing that much contributing to the fight, look at what balance is capable of!
1. fairly decent health: behind ice and life
2. good shields, which allows us to act somewhat as an ice.
3. blades that i'll agree aren't so strong but with elemental/spirit on our side it's not that bad.
4. you remember that spell back in kt: Spectral blast!! you might think that it is bad but a colossal blast can do like, 1500 damage without any blades!
5. we're really good in the arena, you may not care about this point if you aren't interested in pvp at all. but that being said, i managed to achieve warlord without too much hassle and most matches i didn't use a single tc!! just let that sink in...

now don't take this the wrong way, but while it can be annoying always playing support none of the other schools will ever have the freedom we do

Gabriel Ashcaller level 79 warlord

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Keller Darkpyre on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
I think the whole problem basically comes down to the fact that there are two totally different strategies for playing groups in a game like this.

The first, and the one it sounds like you're a fan of is the Free For All strategy. Just as it sounds like, this is where all group members primarily just concentrate on surviving while killing what they can as soon as they can. This is an entirely legitimate strategy and style of play.

The second one is a role-based strategy. This is where each group member has a specific role to play (Tank, Healer, Damage, and Utility), and concentrates primarily on that throughout the battle. This is a strategy that is more familiar to veteran players (meaning playing multiple MMORPG's for years). This is also an entirely legitimate strategy and style of play.

KI has been nice enough to set up the schools so that either way works. As long as the entire group is willing to use the same method, either is equally effective and fun. The problem comes in when part of a group wants to play one way and the rest want to play the other. The best advice I can give is to make sure any group you join wants to play in the style you like, and make sure to let people joining any group you're forming know how you like to play up front. If you do these things, I promise that both you and the rest of your group will be a lot less stressed, and a lot happier.
Agree with you here, and I think if more people read what you wrote they'd stop griping

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
When I solo, I make sure to have the right gear, cards, and boosts (damage, block, resist, etc). It might take me longer to kill mobs and/or bosses, but I can pack a punch with the damage boosts I have (87+).

If I play with my friends, I am not only the healer, but also a 'protector' and tank. I lower my damage to about 56, boost my resist to 52+ universal, healing from 67-100+%, lower my critical, and raise my crit block. I may put a couple of attacks in, but for the most part, I shield, heal, blade, and play tank in the first circle, especially since I can get my health to just above 5000.

If I play with random people, it can be a mixture of the two, but mostly relying on the solo aspect. Even with my high damage solo gear, I can still heal nicely, block crits, and use my 47 universal resist. I usually pack a couple of extra things, just in case someone jumps in the battle with me, but I will not just hand over the reigns and give up all of my cards for someone else, especially if I'm getting whomped on and need them, or I see an opportunity to attack.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2013

Me to, I am myth and my secondery school is life, and people are always saying shield me or heal me hit him with this spell or this spell, it really gets on my nerves. But think about it this way (mom told me to say this) that those people need you and that makes you important to them. So remember they need you, that makes you awsome and wicked cool.

Ryan Blade

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
I get how you feel. but if they changed balance, it would not be special anymore.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
also, dr. von is right, stand up to these people, don't let them get in the way of a good family game

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

elemental blade elemental trap balance blade hex bladestorm hydra helping hands repeat this should work against balance bosses for awhile and later spirit blade balance blade bladestorm hex spirit trap sharped and potent of all of these chimera availing hands repeat

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
Lucas Rain on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
Did you have an idea or a suggestion, or is this mainly a gripe?

Be understanding of your teammates and try to adapt to their strengths. If they can't hit very well, it will be up to you. If they can hit better than you, make them even stronger or try to heal. Playing in a team means that you change up what you do to match the situation. You don't speak at the same volume in a library and a football stadium right? Same principle here.
I disagree, If a teammate does not have a strong attack, then get better gear. Life and Balance wizards are not slaves to others. Yes, us wizards help each other but we are not there to hold peoples hand like everyone wants us to. That's my 2 cents.

Level 95

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
MasterSorcerer653 on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
As much as I value everyone's opinion, I couldn't agree with this one.

I don't think I understand, balance has many blades that anyone can use, so why wouldn't you give them a blade, especially when you have bladestorm, which helps everyone!? Balance is a support school, if you don't like that then maybe balance just isn't the right school for you, why wouldn't you want to benifit your team? Say you're in a dungeon and someone is powering up for an attack, a team player would blade that person. I hate it when I am about to attack and people blade themselves! It's just selfish. Keep in mind that balance really shouldn't be the DPS, it's more of a storm, fire or ice kinda wizard's job. Same thing goes for life, the healing school. If someone needs healing, like in Tartarus frequently, they should focus on that. The life school's attacks are usually pretty weak compared to other schools anyways, no need for them to attack also, usually.

If you choose not to blade someone to help accomplish a common goal more quickly, that's your faul, stop complaining. As for the begging, that's not ok. I think storm and fire wizards usually act with arrogance because they feel more important, which isn't true. Maybe you should consider finding other people to play with, who will appreciate your blades (or don't ask for them) and a life wizard's heals (or heals themselves).

Thank you for letting me share my opinion, sorry if I came across too harsh.

Excuse me but I'm a Life wizard and a very powerful one. I Soloed most of this game. I attack just fine like any other school. Life or any school for that matter is not "weak". It depends how you use your wizard. But Balance and Life wizards are not slaves to others, especially rude ones. I help when i can but I am capable to attack like anyone else. Now I have a balance and if someone is more powerful than I and is going to one hit kill, yes i help build that person up for that one hit kill. But if someone just "demands" for a heal or blade, guess what? they don't get it. Can't be a bossy person and expect to have respect. Does not work that way.

Level 95