Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Should Be Stronger

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 15, 2013
102
Balance monster spells should be stronger. It really does seem like the Balance school got the short end of the stick on this. And then there are the weak blades. It would be nice if those were stronger too. But if both can't happen, then Balance should at least have stronger monsters. I'm just one of those people who like the fights to go fast. But instead they last longer than I would like and it's just irritating. I've found advice online on how to have a really good Balance deck, but I still find myself thinking that the school should be stronger. I don't get how Balance should seemingly equate to being weak.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Alexan580 on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
Balance monster spells should be stronger. It really does seem like the Balance school got the short end of the stick on this. And then there are the weak blades. It would be nice if those were stronger too. But if both can't happen, then Balance should at least have stronger monsters. I'm just one of those people who like the fights to go fast. But instead they last longer than I would like and it's just irritating. I've found advice online on how to have a really good Balance deck, but I still find myself thinking that the school should be stronger. I don't get how Balance should seemingly equate to being weak.
Balance is not weak. I have no idea what you're talking about. I zoom through battles. Maybe your deck just isn't set up right.
You get the strongest spell you can ever get in the game currently at level 28. To me, that's pretty cool.
Balance isn't weak, it's just hard to master. Honestly, if you can't cope with it, just try out another school. Storm battles go by fast, maybe you're storm at heart or something like that.
Myrna Dragoncloud

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
Balance gets an AoE at level 16, one of the earliest in the game.
Balance gets Ra at level 58, which is a pretty hard-hitting AoE.
Balance has universal blades and traps, meaning they can easily blade up a hitter in dungeons.
Balance has some of the most effective utility spells in the game, Mana Burn, Loremaster, Savage Paw, Supernova, etc.
Balance is not weak.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
62
Balance is the best school right now for pvp and is considered by some to be op. balance is the LAST school who should get a boost

Survivor
Feb 02, 2012
2
I don't get why you think balance is weak. Balance is hard to fight. Balance has all of the school's shields, and the blade can work for any school. I don't think it would be fair if balance's blade could go for any school and have the same damage. There is also blade storm. Balance also has all of the schools power like Chimera and Hydra. Ra is pretty strong too. Judgement is one of the best spells and it is per pip, and you get it at such a low level. Judgement usually wins all of my battles. I have to idea what your talking about when you say balance is weak. As a balance wizard of two, I speak from experience.
~Ashley

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
102
Ok, I get what you all are saying, and I've tried reworking my deck a zillion times and it's just not working for me. And what gets me is that we don't have a shield against Balance. We have to use the tower shield from Ice school. Who wants to waste points on the school just for that shield? Balance has it's good points, but I swear, sometimes it just works my nerves.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Alexan580 on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
Ok, I get what you all are saying, and I've tried reworking my deck a zillion times and it's just not working for me. And what gets me is that we don't have a shield against Balance. We have to use the tower shield from Ice school. Who wants to waste points on the school just for that shield? Balance has it's good points, but I swear, sometimes it just works my nerves.
Why do you need a balance shield? You can find gear with better balance resistance than tower shield using gear, because a lot of balance gear has balance resist, and at my level (58), gear with other stats that are okay have like 22% balance resist.
And get this: You said you wanted balance to be stronger. Making a balance shield makes it worse because then a lot of bosses can be able to defend against you better.
I don't understand, do you want balance to be weaker or stronger?

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Robobot1747 on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Balance gets an AoE at level 16, one of the earliest in the game.
Balance gets Ra at level 58, which is a pretty hard-hitting AoE.
Balance has universal blades and traps, meaning they can easily blade up a hitter in dungeons.
Balance has some of the most effective utility spells in the game, Mana Burn, Loremaster, Savage Paw, Supernova, etc.
Balance is not weak.
Exactly, and also we have judgement at level 28. If you just sit there and let a balance wizard get a full rack of pips then WAM comes the judgement spell and wipes you out with one hit.

Explorer
May 11, 2011
50
Balance is my favorite school to work with. Reworking your deck may not be the only issue, also consider your equipment. Balance has the best all over ratings on gear, so you can hit with balance or any school, or resist them. What I did for mine was try to concentrate on one side, like the elements. You could stack in blades and traps and that would get you through Hydra and Blast. Chimera is the only spell focused on spirit schools, so I did not waste much deck space on spirit traps and spells. Balance's strength comes in learning to stack you traps and blades. It takes time to learn and a bit of reworking. DOn't give up, because once you find the balance in your deck, pun not intended, then getting through battles will become a lot less frustrating.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
3823
Alexan580 on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
Ok, I get what you all are saying, and I've tried reworking my deck a zillion times and it's just not working for me. And what gets me is that we don't have a shield against Balance. We have to use the tower shield from Ice school. Who wants to waste points on the school just for that shield? Balance has it's good points, but I swear, sometimes it just works my nerves.
One of the things that makes Balance so strong is the fact that there ISN"T a shield against it. That's also why we have smaller blades. Balance goes up against tower shields at 50%, every other school goes up against towers AND 70% and 80% shields not to mention there's multiples of all the 70% shields that stack and treasure cards. We only have to deal with towers.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
seethe42 on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
One of the things that makes Balance so strong is the fact that there ISN"T a shield against it. That's also why we have smaller blades. Balance goes up against tower shields at 50%, every other school goes up against towers AND 70% and 80% shields not to mention there's multiples of all the 70% shields that stack and treasure cards. We only have to deal with towers.
Yeah! Yeah! Exactly! Why would you actually want balance to have shields if you want it to be stronger that doesn't make any sense.