Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Shields

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
There should be balance shields and wards because there is shields and wards of all other schools and the only way you can reduce the power of balance spells is if you resist balance.

I would to see this happen! :)

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
dude no one needs a balance shield use tower shields there better that's why they probably haven't made balance shields if you start going to find like zeke's quest friends in a bunch of worlds you can train at the ice world up to tower shield i don't think we need a balance shield.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Robb wrote:
There should be balance shields and wards because there is shields and wards of all other schools and the only way you can reduce the power of balance spells is if you resist balance.

How is that a good reason?

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
Robb wrote:

yes it should balance each shield, but balance only shield from other schools but it might be nice if there where a balance shield. let's hope come to game wizard101.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Robb wrote:

I really hope you're trolling.

If you're serious... My guess is that you went into the Arena inadequately prepared, didn't buff properly, and got hit with a full-pip Judge. Nine times out of 10, that's what sends people to the message-boards, crying about how we're overpowered; if you've ever played a Balance wiz, you'd know that we're far from it.

Unlike us, other schools:

-don't have to waste 4-9 pips to break shields;
-don't have to rely on off-school TCs to keep their strategies intact;
-have stackable, school-only blades/traps;
-can break Weakness with wand strikes;
-boost against each other;
-can use TOWER SHIELDS to block us*

*we can use Towers to block each other, too, but it's kinda pointless.

We can't break shields efficiently, as we don't have a DoT, and can't get rid of Weakness without taking our blades with it... unless we use off-school TCs, which defeats the purpose.

Honestly, our best option is to get a Myth mastery amulet and carry Shatter~ something I'll never do, because I consider it cheating (unless I manage to successfully farm for one; I don't believe in buying my way through the game).

Nice try, OP~ play again.

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

(who does /not/ want her school nerfed because of PvP whiners who underestimate us, think they don't have to shield because we're "weak", and then cry when we pummel them.)