Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Prism and new Balance AOE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2018
I have an idea for something that would help balance wizards all over the spiral, a balance prism. This balance prism/mass prism would work a little bit differently than other prisms, but still fit in just fine with how the balance school of magic plays. This prism would change any balance damage, into a random school's type of damage. This could range anywhere from life to star to shadow, everything except balance itself. Not only would this help balance to be more effective at fighting balance enemies, but it would also keep a theme of RNG that balance already has, just take a look at spectral blast or nested fury. Overall, this would help balance wizards a lot.

Onto the second idea, a new balance AOE spell. Currently if I'm a maxed balance, the only viable option for a damage dealing balance AOE, (that does balance damage) is power nova. I suggest that the next balance spell should be an AOE spell that does balance damage.

That's all, thank you for reading!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Octosloth8 on Nov 27, 2020 wrote:
I have an idea for something that would help balance wizards all over the spiral, a balance prism. This balance prism/mass prism would work a little bit differently than other prisms, but still fit in just fine with how the balance school of magic plays. This prism would change any balance damage, into a random school's type of damage. This could range anywhere from life to star to shadow, everything except balance itself. Not only would this help balance to be more effective at fighting balance enemies, but it would also keep a theme of RNG that balance already has, just take a look at spectral blast or nested fury. Overall, this would help balance wizards a lot.

Onto the second idea, a new balance AOE spell. Currently if I'm a maxed balance, the only viable option for a damage dealing balance AOE, (that does balance damage) is power nova. I suggest that the next balance spell should be an AOE spell that does balance damage.

That's all, thank you for reading!
I think a balance prism might be in the works.

As for a new AOE, I’m going to have to disagree. (Although, I was hoping the Karamelle spell would be an AOE.) Not sure how far you are, but Sandstorm works quite well against small mobs when enchanted. Ra is another good spell. Sand Wurm can be divided into a smaller AOE. Then there is Power Nova, like you mentioned.

I know everyone has their opinions, but analyzing all the balance spells as a whole, I think balance might be heading into an overpowering school. Some struggles are suitable for some classes; that way, they can use gear and pets to help out where they lack. Balance can almost do anything. Not saying to leave us in the dark, but not too powerful. Maybe it’s just me, but as a balance wizard, I kind of like being the red-headed stepchild. I like how we can be very powerful, but you have to be secret and sneaky about it.

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
It would be nice to have two types of mass prisms (3 pips). <-- slightly costly but effective for balance mobs.
Random convert balance damage to Life/Death/Myth or one of Storm/Fire/Ice.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Balance prism seems like a bad idea to me, it would remove much of balance's uniqueness. To me spells like hydra and chimera are already making use of a sort of hidden balance prism. Unlike other schools, where the prism converts all the damage into the damage of an opposed school, the hidden balance prism splits the balance mana into three different parts, hydra splitting the stream into the three elements and chimera splitting the stream into the three spirits. If balance had a prism like other schools, what would the prism do? Balance has no opposed school, so the proposed prism doesn't seem to have anything to convert the damage to. Anti-balance? Chaos energy? Something no shields exist for, now that would really be overpowered. Something more powerful than chimera would be welcome, though, for prolonged fights against balance bosses.

And while I can certainly see how balance can be regarded as overpowered in PvP, and highly effective as a support class in questing/farming, for solo questing balance really, really sucks. I'd rather solo quest with a myth wizard any day. And supposedly weak life makes balance look completely pathetic. Balance spells, particularly the AoE spells, do less damage than any other school, and balance blades are awful, a measly 25% bonus. And balance can't just wand off an opponent's tower shield, no matter what the school a wand is it will burn balance blades and traps. OK judgement is a very useful single hit spell, but its the only spell in the balance arsenal you can truly say isn't underpowered, and good grief balance is bad at defeating groups of minions. People complain about how balance gets the tri-blades and tri-traps for no training points, but don't consider that neither one increases balance damage, the tri-blades are mostly useful for supporting other players.