Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance needes a change!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
16
Ok, people, Balance SO doesn't need to change. I am a lvl 34 Strorm ( as of today cuz i lvled up!) and during a PvP match, a lower lvl Balance defeated me! Balance is actually powerful. Most Balance wizards don't like it though. That's what i don't get.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
12
grogglelet wrote:
Hi there,

I Have a level 50 balance, she rocks, she's cute, strong and happily solos most things. I like playing alone so have worked on how best to use her spells as she has grown through the various worlds. Spectral Blast is a great spell, add a couple of blades or traps and it really hurts. I prefer SB to SupaNova, to be honest. It's all about strategy, sometimes it's not easy and sometimes my wizard gets herself a wobbly head, but hey, it's a game, grab some more health and mana and go straight back in, try again, learning as you do.

This game is so easy to learn, yet it takes patience and stamina to master it - just having a maxed wizard doesnt make that player a good player - keep at it and most of all have fun.

I remember my daughter coming to me saying she couldn't beat rattlebones on her first wizard. She kept going back in until she did and now she likes to see how quick she can do it. (Why do children make SO many baby wizards?)

I like balance, it's a school that has strength and some really cool spells.


interesting i am only saying this out of curtasy for my boy he is lvl 30 i think and he is balance. when i see him fight he seems pretty well off although he goes right back into battle after he has lost alot of health. but other then that he seems pretty good and can life spells be used by balance and balance spells be used bye life?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
37
I just started Wizard 101 about 4 days ago and am level 16. I was wayyy confused about all the schools. My initial "quiz" brought me the main school of balance. I've read the posts here, and I think why people that choose this school end up regretting (sometimes) choices made because they see all the other neat spells cast. My favorite is the unicorn one that adds 240 health to everyone fighting at the end of the round. I'm assuming that this spell is one that's created with the initial character because my daughter created a character with the school of fire, and that's her first spell..lol... I think I'm the main school of balance, and I've put all my training points into the life school so far. Not sure where I'm going after, but after fighting in the next city (can't pronounce it but krok something...)

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
14
im a lvl 32 balance and i dont regret wat i chose i use my trainind points on death cuz u can do damage to ur oppenet and gain life its cool next im gonna do life if u want to be my friend u can see me in the arena in unicorn way if im not there ill be grizzleheim or marleybone if u cant go to those places reply to this message and tell me wer to meet u okay

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
60
grogglelet wrote:
Hi there,

I Have a level 50 balance, she rocks, she's cute, strong and happily solos most things. I like playing alone so have worked on how best to use her spells as she has grown through the various worlds. Spectral Blast is a great spell, add a couple of blades or traps and it really hurts. I prefer SB to SupaNova, to be honest. It's all about strategy, sometimes it's not easy and sometimes my wizard gets herself a wobbly head, but hey, it's a game, grab some more health and mana and go straight back in, try again, learning as you do.

This game is so easy to learn, yet it takes patience and stamina to master it - just having a maxed wizard doesnt make that player a good player - keep at it and most of all have fun.

I remember my daughter coming to me saying she couldn't beat rattlebones on her first wizard. She kept going back in until she did and now she likes to see how quick she can do it. (Why do children make SO many baby wizards?)

I like balance, it's a school that has strength and some really cool spells.


I love your intake on the game! Good for you, grogglelet! Good luck with your wizard! Have fun!

Colin FrostGlade LVL48 :-)

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
60
catboy2197 wrote:



Personally, I don't understand how it's balance's fault you can't solo battles. And the shields are supposed to be used, not all spells are attack. If you want attack you should be storm, but in my opinion storm focuses too much on attack. I think balance is just fine the way it is.


OMG, will you leave this guy alone! It's his opponion! He can say they can't fight solo, Oh well! We don't even know what this guy is wearing?

And Storm I think is the best! Fizzleing for me is RARE!!! I almost never FIZZLE! Only 3 out of 10 times I would fizzle... Not bad if you ask me... The only downside is the health... But, more damage and you'll kill the enimy quicker! And I'm also life! So if I do get low on my health I can heal myself!

Personally, I think your over reacting to this problem, catboy2197!!

Colin FrostGlade

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
140
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.


dude, balance is great outside of pvp i use judgment to kill enemies in one hit all the time on my balance.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
68
Where is the hidden Balance school?
Is there one?

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl19
life&fire

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
68
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.


I think that Balance is so cool! It is very useful if you are i a battle and you need a good shield or a boost to your attack. Balanceblades are very useful, and it makes Balance stronger. I myself am not a Balance student, but my brother is and has some cool moves. What is your secondary school? If you really don't like Balance you will always have that second school.

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl 19
life&fire

Defender
May 09, 2009
161
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.


i agree with most of this but some things you listed are false. judgment might take all your pips but it is a very strong move with max pips. i agree that balance does need stronger attacks, at the beginging of the game you are told that balance is all the schools put together and that it is a VERY powerfull school. i just dont see that in balance. hydra is bad i think that its power should be increased along with many of the other attacks. power nove i think is just fine because it leaves all enimies with a weakness wich can very well save your life. in my opinion i'm not speaking for others the balance minion is the best one. it might not attack much but it hands out balance blades and puts traps and shilds almost continuasly, and when it attacks its almost always locust swarm, and it gives out pips wich are a BIG help (this is the mander minion i'm talking about). the elemental minions are the fire storm and ice minions (one of the three) if you dont think the mander minion is much help then dont use it and wait for the other minions. :?

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
4
i mean really dude i am balance and you think it needs a change i come on how can you say that balance has judgement and they are really good in rank by shielding and using judgement idk why they need a change dude thats just crazy if you say so if its weak

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
7
I disagree against the very first post (not very first response). Balance rocks with the other schools. I can't even solo Dragonspyre because there are too many "balance dudes" in there and someone needs to help me with it (I know, I need two more people to help me through it. And I think it stinks to be Balance in Dragonspyre. Yeah, yeah, I know, not all the "dudes" are balance.).

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
36
Defender
Apr 10, 2009
118
re11ding wrote:
Balance seems too powerful... i mean there's no shield for balance unless you have the tower shield, they can place every spell shield on to themselves, judgement is way too annoying when it comes to arena (since there's no balance shield), and that they can use moves that no other class can learn that would be helpful. (for example, the all spell blade that does +30%) its annoying. we really need something to be done..

you serious? if you haven't noticed THERE IS NO BLADE AND TRAP FOR ONLY BALANCE!. i mean do you have a balance? well i doubt it because if you did you would no that balance blade only does +25% you are thinking of dragon blade which you can only get through certain pets and cloths. one weaknesswould cancle that out, at least even storm has +30%. any way even if we cast a spell that does 45 damage well WOOPS there goes the balance blade, and the blade storm, and the hex.
if we are charging we really cant do anything because ANY attack will break our traps and blades. at least other schools can get around that with wand spells different then their own schools.
Also, balance has no boost. ON ANYTHING! at least life boosts on death to give it more power but balance really doesn't have that.

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
118
mavishavis wrote:
Hi Coolmungus!

Balance becomes a great skill. I am at the Master Level and understand your frustration, sometimes wishing I had seemingly more powerful spells like the other schools. There are times I feel like a noob and other times I am so powerful, especially when I solo, which I mostly do. It is invigorating.
When I kick the butt of a 7,000 level monster by myself, I know I am good.

I am just beginning to appreciate the beauty, art and power of Balance. It is about blending when playing with others, buffering where necessary. Other school wizards appreciate the skill of balance.

Go back and read the book of balance - really focus on what is being given there and I think you will begin to enjoy being Balance. Of course, it you don't after that, other schools would love to have you.

Balance is my first wizard, second is Death - which has a different type of power and skill. And really sometimes the big blast of say the Heliophant (maybe I mispelled) is just overkill - but what the heck, the game is to enjoy and you choose.

Viva Balance!

wow...........that was really...... REALLY WELL WORDED! really touching, thx for that :D

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
o come on. really? REALLY? um no it doesnt (referring to title).

maybe the power could be better, but could also be a lot WORSE (think about life and ice... no offence to either schools, but your damage is real bad). what did you expect - storm power with life accuracy?!?!? get real. balance is middle-range power, middle-range accuracy - in short, BALANCED.

although there are only 3, the balance judgement (o ki, theres no e between the g and m in the actual word) is still the most powerful X rank attack spell (according to that ranking system i have anyway).

i have a lvl 33 (34? i forget which) sorcerer named dugan dragoncloud and he totally kicks ENEMY REAR END. the trick, as has been mentioned (a lot) is to get a second school... and a third while you're at it. take my 21-tp plan:

7 tp to death (feint)
5 tp to ice (towershield)
7 tp to life (satyr)
1 tp to the storm school "sacrifice minion for x amount of pips" (it gives the most)
1 tp to use for whatever th heckhound i want!

you get the idea.

did i mention balance is AWESOME?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
712
I really like balance. I love the Scorpion. xD

The next school I will play will in fact be Balance.
There is not a single shield that blocks balance in any way, except for the Tower shield, the attack debuff, absorb shield, or the innate resistance that come with Balance opponents.

However, I am not quite sure how I would overcome this problem, if I were indeed to face off against a Balance Boss, for example. The only thing I could think of is to simply use spells that would take advantage of one of the elements of the blade buffs.

Delver
May 31, 2009
231
i would love help but having taken two balance characters to grandmaster and warlord I can`t say i have ever felt a lacking in my balance spells. sorry

Delver
May 31, 2009
231
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I really like balance. I love the Scorpion. xD

The next school I will play will in fact be Balance.
There is not a single shield that blocks balance in any way, except for the Tower shield, the attack debuff, absorb shield, or the innate resistance that come with Balance opponents.

However, I am not quite sure how I would overcome this problem, if I were indeed to face off against a Balance Boss, for example. The only thing I could think of is to simply use spells that would take advantage of one of the elements of the blade buffs.



if you get a chance check out the balance spells, you will find two in particuliar spectral blast and hydra while these are balance spells when casting them they do damage as fire, ice, and storm so not including whatever other spells you pickup these work real well on balance bosses.
oh yeah all the spells from niles are free to balance players!!!

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
176
Yoshiboy510 wrote:
I disagree against the very first post (not very first response). Balance rocks with the other schools. I can't even solo Dragonspyre because there are too many "balance dudes" in there and someone needs to help me with it (I know, I need two more people to help me through it. And I think it stinks to be Balance in Dragonspyre. Yeah, yeah, I know, not all the "dudes" are balance.).



AGREES 100% I'm a lvl 49 Balance, Storm, with 2cards in the Fire
school for my 3rd school. DragonSpyre is next to IMPOSSIBLE to do
solo for the Balance Wizard, asp. a Balance, Storm build.
Hydra is way way under powered for the amount of Pips it consumes
(6 pips) and then the thing EVERYONE seems to forget is;
-- It takes turns casting Traps and Buffs & It takes the highest
power pip percentage you can get preferably 100% but no one to my knowlage has ever been able to reach that lvl yet, without magorly sacrificing your other stats. the super nova is another way under powered aoe card even more so cause it costs 7 pips! and does only like 240 damage or so and again it takes time to cast traps and buffs,
uasualy by the time it takes to set your traps etc. YOU ARE DEAD!
Trying to solo in DS. & RavenScar.

I think the question would be is; What 2nd and 3rd schools would work the best for a Solo Balance wizard build? PVE only.

AND same question for a Solo Balance wizard build PVP only?








Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
3
I have started a balance character and am loving what I can do. I have a grandmaster death with some balance boosts in that deck and a master ice with the same thing. But as I am going through the Balance school, I do notice a few things that could use a few chances. Here are my suggestions:

Balance school has the elemental shields, blades, and traps - that is great, I like that; as well as the Spirit shields, blades, and traps. All those are great and should be kept. The spell Elemental blast (Fire, Ice, or Storm attack) I think should have a complement spell in the Spirit area dealing either Death-Life-Myth (Spirit Blast or Spirit Lightning). I think that would be a great addition to the Balance school and the spell book.

Also with the coming world of Celestia, I think balance needs a stronger spell than Super Nova. I suggest making a stronger Hydra with six (6) heads - one for each school, Fire, Ice, Storm, Death, Life, and Myth, and double the damage that the normal Hydra does. In the same line a Spirit Hydra would also be a cool addition to utilize the Spirit Blades and Traps better.

Talon Mistrider Level 26 Balance
Morgrim Deathforge Grandmaster Death
Gabriel Griffinrider Level 47 Ice

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
8
In my opinion, there is no such thing as a a good school,powerfull school,or the best school, it just depends on your needs, how you play your guy, and if you have a ton of friends or not.
Balance is a school that trys to put a little bit of enrything into it and every school has at least a few buffs so balance has a lot of buffs!
Also since balance is made for group play it has more group play spells however if you use your brain you can be great at soloing!
If this dosn't make any sense then JUST MAKE A NEW CHARECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
2
bloodforyou wrote:
i agree. we barely have any good battle cards though. i go through treasure cards like crazy!


I am a balance wizard level 21 and i totally forget that i have treasure cards most of the time. I went through most of krokotropia bosses solo and i have only lost once to 1 solo. There is a really good way i have figured out how to totally get bosses with tons of health: put elemental blade and balance blade on your self or summon a minion to do it for you then put hex and elemental trap on the boss and cast hydra. It comes to 155% more damage!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
3
come on syphaN power nova (you said super nova) does 470 damage plus -25% to all enimies i think you should rethink the idea of 100% power pip chance it not possible and plus you arent supposed to do dragonspyre on your own it is a freind activitie so i think you should rethink your message and well... thats it



mason dusktail lvl 45 balance storm

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
3
wayjun wrote:
bloodforyou wrote:
i agree. we barely have any good battle cards though. i go through treasure cards like crazy!


I am a balance wizard level 21 and i totally forget that i have treasure cards most of the time. I went through most of krokotropia bosses solo and i have only lost once to 1 solo. There is a really good way i have figured out how to totally get bosses with tons of health: put elemental blade and balance blade on your self or summon a minion to do it for you then put hex and elemental trap on the boss and cast hydra. It comes to 155% more damage!
um hydra isnt earned until lvl 42 wayjun so uh yah you dont have it in krokotopia