Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance needes a change!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
29
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
17
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.


I feel balance is great as it is. The other spells dont need to be as powerful because they have judgement which nobody else has. In 2v2s, balance is a great use for buffing your partner so they can use their 48 spell and kill everyone. But power nova helps when you are 2v2ing also, because a traped one helps finish extra damage your partner couldnt do.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
31
Hi there,

I Have a level 50 balance, she rocks, she's cute, strong and happily solos most things. I like playing alone so have worked on how best to use her spells as she has grown through the various worlds. Spectral Blast is a great spell, add a couple of blades or traps and it really hurts. I prefer SB to SupaNova, to be honest. It's all about strategy, sometimes it's not easy and sometimes my wizard gets herself a wobbly head, but hey, it's a game, grab some more health and mana and go straight back in, try again, learning as you do.

This game is so easy to learn, yet it takes patience and stamina to master it - just having a maxed wizard doesnt make that player a good player - keep at it and most of all have fun.

I remember my daughter coming to me saying she couldn't beat rattlebones on her first wizard. She kept going back in until she did and now she likes to see how quick she can do it. (Why do children make SO many baby wizards?)

I like balance, it's a school that has strength and some really cool spells.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
25
I don't see balance as a weak school at all. All schools have advantages and weaknesses, one of balance's advantages must be PvP battles!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
21
i agree. we barely have any good battle cards though. i go through treasure cards like crazy!

Survivor
Jan 09, 2009
37
Balance seems too powerful... i mean there's no shield for balance unless you have the tower shield, they can place every spell shield on to themselves, judgement is way too annoying when it comes to arena (since there's no balance shield), and that they can use moves that no other class can learn that would be helpful. (for example, the all spell blade that does +30%) its annoying. we really need something to be done..

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
340
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.



Personally, I don't understand how it's balance's fault you can't solo battles. And the shields are supposed to be used, not all spells are attack. If you want attack you should be storm, but in my opinion storm focuses too much on attack. I think balance is just fine the way it is.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
1
I'm currently a level 34 Balance wizard and I have solo'ed every boss I've come up against (including a rare bout vs a Rank 8 boss).

All I can say is that it's all in how you use your deck. I go half and half when it comes to Support spells and attack spells. I almost never pass my turn.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
33
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.


Its an Ice, YOU ARE LUCKY YOU HAVE POWERFUL SPELLS. A per pip spell, Ice has mostly shields. Ice dosnt do much damage. I am not complaining about ice. Your school is you. If you dont like it make another character.
~Gabbrielle Silverdust ice level 46

Explorer
May 24, 2009
63
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.
balance isn't supposed to solo the game! calm down. the different schools are good at different things. balance is a buff school! it isn't supposed to do 90000000 damage. and for hydra just use balance blade and don't use it on a balance dude

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
3
Helios713 wrote:
and for hydra just use balance blade and don't use it on a balance dude


Sorry, I disagree - surely it is better to use Hydra against a 'balance dude' rather than judgement? Why? Judgement is same school and so the 'balance dude' will have natural resistance - Hydra is storm, fire and ice and therefore hits at full power unless the 'balance dude' has shields up.

Just my opinion...

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
4
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.









you are sooooooo wrong i love balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's for buffing not fighting

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
15
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.

Bro, It's called a secondary school. Balance is amazing because it has so many bonuses and if you have a good secondary (storm preferrably) YOU CAN KICK SOME.... uhhh you get the picture.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
2
I think Balance Is good the way it is because We have HYDRA that does 190 storm 190 ice and 190 fire. It would do 1,020 damage that is enough i mean seriously you could boost it at least Balance has most defense and Helping. :D

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
2
Inkwellian wrote:
Helios713 wrote:
and for hydra just use balance blade and don't use it on a balance dude


Sorry, I disagree - surely it is better to use Hydra against a 'balance dude' rather than judgement? Why? Judgement is same school and so the 'balance dude' will have natural resistance - Hydra is storm, fire and ice and therefore hits at full power unless the 'balance dude' has shields up.

Just my opinion...
I agree because actually for hydra you can get all your fire ice and storm blades ready and get the storm ice and fire traps. and if you have DrangonBlade Use that. and the balance blade! so it will be MUCH powerful so which well you still use hydra or judgement. i would use Hydra. Ps I am PROUD to be a balance wizard this person actually persuade me to! If you dont like balance then WHY you pick it? At least you wont take as much damage. andyou can give Pips to other teammates Good for pvp 2v2. And Balance CAN be as good as any other school i hope EVERYBODY knows that And we can HEAL. That was Alot of typng! :) :-) :D

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.


gosh you make balance sound like loserpalooza . pay attention here: balance is AWESOME. us sorcerers can use other schools to attack in spectral blast and hydra. can any other schools do that? i think not. we rival ice in shielding, we cant specifically be blocked, and the school of scales is KING when it comes to boosting . and as for your judgement argument about blowing all pips guess what? the other schools x rank spells blow all pips too.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
8
Hi Coolmungus!

Balance becomes a great skill. I am at the Master Level and understand your frustration, sometimes wishing I had seemingly more powerful spells like the other schools. There are times I feel like a noob and other times I am so powerful, especially when I solo, which I mostly do. It is invigorating.
When I kick the butt of a 7,000 level monster by myself, I know I am good.

I am just beginning to appreciate the beauty, art and power of Balance. It is about blending when playing with others, buffering where necessary. Other school wizards appreciate the skill of balance.

Go back and read the book of balance - really focus on what is being given there and I think you will begin to enjoy being Balance. Of course, it you don't after that, other schools would love to have you.

Balance is my first wizard, second is Death - which has a different type of power and skill. And really sometimes the big blast of say the Heliophant (maybe I mispelled) is just overkill - but what the heck, the game is to enjoy and you choose.

Viva Balance!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
1
FoxFyr wrote:
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.


gosh you make balance sound like loserpalooza . pay attention here: balance is AWESOME. us sorcerers can use other schools to attack in spectral blast and hydra. can any other schools do that? i think not. we rival ice in shielding, we cant specifically be blocked, and the school of scales is KING when it comes to boosting . and as for your judgement argument about blowing all pips guess what? the other schools x rank spells blow all pips too.
ya balance is awesome i mean really my friend used hydra each head did 5000 on malistare but they didnt use storm head storm rocks just choose that or death as a second school OR be death and ice (death up to feint) (ice up to tower) my balance is lvl 50 and i PWN i soloed malistare

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
56
I love being a balance wizard as for the helpful mander I love having him when I need him to help me I have kicked butt since I have started this game the only times I have had problems is when I was rushing my self beyond they what I could handle at the moment I think being a balance wizard is powerful and I have been in a few battles with other wizards from other schools and they seem to die off alot quicker then me you have to know when to shield and when to attack I have done many many battles and I have done really well solo.....not to discount your frustration but maybe you are speeding through where you are not ready to be....
-Chelsea TitanWhisper Level 30

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
5
i agree. there have been many times when i needed help from friends and i still cant really do much damage.storm does better than balance in dungeons full of monsters and they have pathetic health.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
2
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.
balance i think is the best i do fine solo

Mastermind
Sep 01, 2009
388
jumper17 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
COOLMUNGUS wrote:
I have noticed that even though i am a level 48 balance i STILL cant solo anything but i can sometimes just make it out of a boss with 156 health. I think BALANCE needs more moves that help outside of pvp because to me it is almost like it is MADE for that. Here is what i mean: Scorpin doed 160-210, the bug move does like a range from i think 310-380, the tornato does almost 100 less from that and attacks everyone,minion dosnt help, power pip moves dont help,more minions dont help, Judgment gets rid of all pips so if it doent kill your toast,hydra can simply blocked with a sheild of fire ice and storm, and super nova is the only GOOD move but is the worst level 48 move there is. Oh and SOME MANY SHIES for balance which help but ARE NOT ATTACKING MOVES. I MEAN COME ON that is just sad PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ give a higher level than 50 to the max level and give balance BETTER outside if pvp moves or start over all again.


gosh you make balance sound like loserpalooza . pay attention here: balance is AWESOME. us sorcerers can use other schools to attack in spectral blast and hydra. can any other schools do that? i think not. we rival ice in shielding, we cant specifically be blocked, and the school of scales is KING when it comes to boosting . and as for your judgement argument about blowing all pips guess what? the other schools x rank spells blow all pips too.
ya balance is awesome i mean really my friend used hydra each head did 5000 on malistare but they didnt use storm head storm rocks just choose that or death as a second school OR be death and ice (death up to feint) (ice up to tower) my balance is lvl 50 and i PWN i soloed malistare




Um...you can't solo Malistaire, you need at least 2 people to run the crystals, and to kill the door blockers. If you got that far, then soloed, that's awesome-I did the same thing, just used minions because my friend fled :(. Also, I have a Magus Balance wizard, and that school is a hoot! It took me two days to run Krokotopia, and I am now in Marleybone, getting my rear end kicked by balance golems. BUT, I am learning a lot about balance, which helps in PvP, and I think it is a great school. As to the minion-WHAT? That is my favorite minion! He gives you power pips, shields you, casts locust and weaken spells, and just is so darn cute! If you pick your school, learn it, study it, read about it, embrace it. I am a Grand life, and do I wish we had a spell that hit ever mob? Heck yes, but we don't, which is what treasure cards are for. Peace and balance in your life, Wizard! :D

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
280