Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance monsters, unfair!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
No meen to be mean, but thats ridiculous.
you cannot go around critizizing wizards who dont get respect aynways! I should know, as i am one. A mighttey good one at that, and to start, balance gets no respect to start! there syble isnt in the dorms or in front or barbelly, nonmembers cant get to the school, lots of monsters are balance( risist is more often) and no one cares a whoot about us! so dont go around saying its unfair. WEre treated bad anoth

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
greyrecliner228 wrote:
Stormfur2 wrote:
Balance is unfair because of hydra! It's three in one using storm ice and fire i'm soooooooo mad at it! :x but otherwise it's sweet looking :P (yeah i'm a spirit person and i'm not mad!)

Hydra is completely weak incomparison to ALL other school's spell for that level. It looks cool, but it's weak. Judgement is the strongest spell a balance school wizard has available. I have a level 45 balance wizard, and I almost never use Hydra because it's so weak.

I dont think hydra is all that weak.
Sure, it does 220 of each, Fire, Ice, and Storm
But all together it does 660 damage.
I'm still waiting for it.

Adrian Earthwalker
Level 30 Sorcerer

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Warhorn500 wrote:
greyrecliner228 wrote:
Stormfur2 wrote:
Balance is unfair because of hydra! It's three in one using storm ice and fire i'm soooooooo mad at it! :x but otherwise it's sweet looking :P (yeah i'm a spirit person and i'm not mad!)

Hydra is completely weak incomparison to ALL other school's spell for that level. It looks cool, but it's weak. Judgement is the strongest spell a balance school wizard has available. I have a level 45 balance wizard, and I almost never use Hydra because it's so weak.

I dont think hydra is all that weak.
Sure, it does 220 of each, Fire, Ice, and Storm
But all together it does 660 damage.
I'm still waiting for it.

Adrian Earthwalker
Level 30 Sorcerer

excuse me you have the damage of a regular hydra mixed up with either a treasure or a special blue card hydra the normal attack is 160 160 and 160

Defender
Nov 05, 2008

ok here we go this post, the original of this thread was to complain about balance monsters not balance wizards
KanBatsu wrote:
I know balance monsters are all the schools, but I think some parts of it is unfair! For one thing, i'm a storm wizard (and proud of it) and the balance monsters summon elemental shields! Plus the balnce monsters weaknesses are the spiritual schools (life, death, and myth). It is totally unfair, because the balance monsters don't summon any spiritual spells, they don't have any spiritual sheilds and their weaknesses are life, desth, and myth. If you ask me, this isn't much of a Balance school. :? :? :?

now that that is out of the way i a grandmaster of balance chalange each and everyone of you who blalance bash to raise your own balance wizard, or to put it another way walk a mile in my shoes, before you critisize the balance school. show us some respect we take the time to learn a little about all schools, not just specialize in one school type spell. and we go to greater lengths to learn, we have to travel to a second world to continue our education, only death comes close to the dedication to our school we show, and you never ever here a balance wizard running around " party in the balance tower"

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Um, I am Balance {and proud of it} and saying that Hydra is weak is kind of mean. I know how annoying those Elemental Shields can be. If you are annoyed just use crowns to become something like death or myth and your problem is solved. If they shield against elemental, use spirit and vice versa.
I hope this solves your problem.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
luna0616 wrote:
i'm really sorry if you are having balance problems, but i'm one (and proud of it) and i just hope you arent insulting our school - its not our fault! It's the teacher! I like my balance on how it is, and fire, ice, and storm are the most powerful schools so we have shields for it... Because balance is all schools. :?

Luna0616

You are very true. Athough, I'm a storm wizard (AND I LOVE it). But, Balance is all of the oringinal schools, storm, ice, and fire. And I'm not insulting your school, I'm just saying that hey, That's way unfair. I'm a Lv. 38 and I'm in Moo Shu, Krotopians used to use the sheilds that have all of the oringinal schools. + Out of all the schools- Balance is the worste! My opinion because I'm not a "sheild" person. So Balance wouldn't be the school for me and expacally the highest spell only does about 600 damage. The Highest spell for storm is 800. -Even more if you have a ring, amulet, outfit, of an Anthame.-

PS NO OFFENCE!!!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
KanBatsu wrote:
I know balance monsters are all the schools, but I think some parts of it is unfair! For one thing, i'm a storm wizard (and proud of it) and the balance monsters summon elemental shields! Plus the balnce monsters weaknesses are the spiritual schools (life, death, and myth). It is totally unfair, because the balance monsters don't summon any spiritual spells, they don't have any spiritual sheilds and their weaknesses are life, desth, and myth. If you ask me, this isn't much of a Balance school. :? :? :?

Yes I agree it is unfair, I am a level 50 life wizard. They use spirit shields too that is where they shield; Death, Life, and Myth. Yes i know it makes you angry but to get rid of the shield you can gain up to six pips and use earthquake on them or you can try to buy a wand with the flare of your school and use it to get rid of it. There is really no reason to complain it's unfair. I am not trying to be mean but really no reason to, most of us don't want to hear you complain bout something. The Balance school I don't believe is suppose to be Balanced its just like a school like storm fire etc. Sorry if that was sort of mean just trying to help on this topic.

Wolf Griffin

PS. If any of you guys want to talk back to me all mean and stuff then do it just to tell ya none of it bothers me.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I am a very proud sorcerer, and i find it strange that you guys rip on the balance monsters, i mean technically, if they're given the shield for the elements, and your an elemental wizard, it seems pretty smart for those monsters to use those shields. Also i agree with the person above me, i'm not trying to sound rude but, if it bothers you so much, just learn a spell from the school they don't use the shield of.

Alexander Battlefinder, Master Sorcerer

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Me being Balance actually do agree that all the shields we get is kind of unfair. Once again I know how annoying those shields can be. I also am kind of offended because a lot of people are saying that Hydra is weak. It is actually the BEST spell in the game to boost I think. It is Fire, Storm, and Ice. All those buffs and boost and traps would be pretty cool I think. Our highest spell does not do only 600 damage. It can be like however much we want because of Judgement. I used three pips and a Balance Blade on it today and it did 550. I am sorry if I am being a pain for you guys but my school is Balance and I am sticking with it.

See ya in Spiral!
Chase WillowWeaver lv.33 Sorcerer

Survivor
Jan 09, 2009
i think it isnt unfair because i face balance monsters all the time and i one hit them all the time all you have to do is buff your self up and attack even with the sheild if not buy the wands and staffs with the 0 pip attacks that should clear your sheild

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
In no way is it unfair, every school has something that sets it apart, and balance is meant to ajust the rules of combat. Calling our shields (yes i'm balance, get over it) unfair, is like saying life's heals or fire's damage over time spells are unfair. So we can defend against your attacks, who cares? Storm is the LAST school that should be complaining. With your pure power you guys can just blow the shields off. I think it is not unfair, its just another challange to face.

Valkoor TrollBlood Level 46 Balance
Juan StormShield Level 38 Storm
Valkoor SpiritBane Level 28 Death

P.S. Judgement is less unfair than Tempest.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Get your facts straight before posting something like this. The reason they have resist to it is because balance is made up of those schools.

Mason Ironhorn lv.22 Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
luna0616 wrote:
i'm really sorry if you are having balance problems, but i'm one (and proud of it) and i just hope you arent insulting our school - its not our fault! It's the teacher! I like my balance on how it is, and fire, ice, and storm are the most powerful schools so we have shields for it... Because balance is all schools. :?

Luna0616

To make blance fake had to be made so myth is there. Also life and death are the key parts of balance. But these will boost balance because of not being in balance.

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
Ok, everyone, I got this from a link in Wizard101, NONE of the schools are unfair! Go to (I'm not sure if I can post this link without KinsIsle's approval, but) https://www.wizard101.com/game/schoolsofmagic/

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
I apologize for any ideas of insults. It just gets fustrating when you have all these traps and buffs and then a sheild comes up to reduce all the damage. Sorry if I have insulted the balance wizards.

PS. I have a balance wizard character.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
KanBatsu wrote:
I apologize for any ideas of insults. It just gets fustrating when you have all these traps and buffs and then a sheild comes up to reduce all the damage. Sorry if I have insulted the balance wizards.

PS. I have a balance wizard character.

If you carry a wand for the school 'opposite' to your own you can add a prism/wand combo vs a balance NPC to remove shield defenses.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
:P
magicman12115 wrote:
you cannot go around critizizing wizards who dont get respect aynways! I should know, as i am one. A mighttey good one at that, and to start, balance gets no respect to start! there syble isnt in the dorms or in front or barbelly, nonmembers cant get to the school, lots of monsters are balance( risist is more often) and no one cares a whoot about us! so dont go around saying its unfair. WEre treated bad anoth

I'm with you man! All you people should stop critizizing these balance people! I mean SERIOUSLY! Why make a BIG deal about balance. You all are overreaccting just because you think "balance" is more powerful. Balance is like any other school. So why overreact to something that you dont have a purpose for? Why are you complaining about balance? The person who started this chaos is in SO much trouble. If you hate the school so much then MAKE a balance person. See how scorcers feel about getting no respect! Once you realize it you will rue (regret) what you have done to other scorcers.This chaos is just plain STUPID! You arent good wizards if you dont treat others the way they want to treat you! I AM SUPER MAD ABOUT WHO STARTED THIS MADNESS! ! STOP MAKING A BIG HUGE DEAL ABOUT IT! You people who critisize balance are SICK!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
KanBatsu wrote:
I just got all I need right now. I didn't know all this would make such chaos.

i didnt know either

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
HondaAccord59 wrote:
luna0616 wrote:

Luna0616

You are very true. Athough, I'm a storm wizard (AND I LOVE it). But, Balance is all of the oringinal schools, storm, ice, and fire. And I'm not insulting your school, I'm just saying that hey, That's way unfair. I'm a Lv. 38 and I'm in Moo Shu, Krotopians used to use the sheilds that have all of the oringinal schools. + Out of all the schools- Balance is the worste! My opinion because I'm not a "sheild" person. So Balance wouldn't be the school for me and expacally the highest spell only does about 600 damage. The Highest spell for storm is 800. -Even more if you have a ring, amulet, outfit, of an Anthame.-

PS NO OFFENCE!!!

the only reason we have the first schools (which are the strongest)as our sheilds is because balance is one of the oldest schools too but this entire forum is insulting to us balance wizards balance magic was made for peace but we fought with it so we could live and for that reason only not to be offensive to the elemental schools but i read the stories of how they started it seems as if they all blame each other the reason we use all schools is so there would be balance between ice fire and storm take ones opposite away and they both cease to exist example without chaos there is no order because if there isnt one then the other wouldn't be there we the balance students didnt want to perish for you the elemental and spirit schools to end and there just be one type of magic would that be any fun i would like it if you stopped criticizing our school how would you like it if we complained about how strong storm is or how much health ice got

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
magicman12115 wrote:
you are so right. balance gets no respect!

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
A good thing about balance Mosnsters, though is that they have 3 weaknesses instead of one so i think it is fair

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i am balance and i part life and a little death, so i have spirit shields!!!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
Ppl who are complaining about balance monsters shouldnt be complaing,do you guys know how WEAK balance monsters are?SUPER,i have a balance wizard and its even very affected to a balance monster, they cant resist much, infact, BARELY.Ok so yea they use shields, but you can destroy them with your wand if you have a deferent school wand, or risking ur blades and traps, OR not having any blades or traps at all,to tell you guys the truth, i love battling balance monsters!They make me to try harder with all those shields and weaknesses.Which had made me a proud owner of a grandmaster death,I dont like death but im proud that im a grandmaster,I made a balance wizard becuase i think its the most helpful wizards with all the shields and blades,and its pretty strong!ESPECAILLY judement and spectral blast,i mostly only see balance wizards that are like sergeants,war lords,knights,etc.But even though the balance mosters are always using shields, even be glad that you have a second school,like lets say, ur school is fire and your second school is storm,balance monsters use a elemental shields,use storm if your gonna fight with fire.I have quest that involve battling life monters and they use 80% protective shields, be happy that pretty much balance monsters dont use 80% protective shieds,but that doesnt stop me,wizard101 made the game like that so deal with it
I hope i didnt offend you guys but im just defending the balance school.Bye :]
Wizard Name: Trevor Dragonrider
Level: LVL50 Grandmaster

-Your Trev