Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is to weak.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
Hey. I know this is how some people feel. I think balance is a little to weak.
It is not horribly weak. But I think our moves are too weak. I want better traps and blades. Balance blade is good, but I think we need a new blade, specifically for balance. I know some people talk
about this but I have been really bothered lately. I am a lvl 77 balance and I keep having to
ask my friends for help because I can't do it myself. I used most of my crowns on henchman.
Thank you for reading this.

Travis TitanRider Lvl 77

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Balance has been this way for a long time. Surprised you haven't abandoned your balance wizard and focused on another school. Balance wizardry is more adapted to boosting other school wizards - aka TEAMWORK!

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
OldStormWizard on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
Balance has been this way for a long time. Surprised you haven't abandoned your balance wizard and focused on another school. Balance wizardry is more adapted to boosting other school wizards - aka TEAMWORK!
I agree. Balance is one of the schools where they can be ok alone, but they are fantastic in a group. Balance is probably one of the most sought after schools when people do dungeons, mainly because of the boosts that they have for all schools in general. Some people can be really jealous of the Balance school, sometimes

Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
Every school has its ups and downs, wizard. Balance is a powerful school, it includes all the elements pin-pointed into one subject. Think of it as a peacemaker, without it, all the schools would be "floating" in a kaleidoscope of confusion. You need to find the proper way to use it, though. Remember what the balance professor said when you first enrolled in Ravenwood, balance has a great deal of power and you must learn how to use it properly. Think of it as Math. Math is hard for a majority of people, right? Well, Math still helps you a great deal in life. It doesn't mean you're just gonna quit learning it. All schools have advantages and disadvantages. There is a whole world based off of this amazing school! Balance dates back to when The Fang was thriving and was active! Alhazered may be old, but he sure does have many stories. I wouldn't say balance is too weak. I'm a balance wizard and I can quest alone and defeat many bosses alone. It's about adapting strategy, young wizard. If you feel balance isn't right for you, make a new wizard! It's always stress-relieving to take a break from Ra and Judgement and maybe go on to another field of study! Don't delete that wizard, though. You might want to come back to it later on!

AshleyGriffin Level 81

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
i know balance is weak since the class only focus on blading other people and since like alot of balance spells you can only use balance blade for like ra since spirit an elemental blades dont effect things like ra sandstorm and such others but spells like chimera uses balance also has hydra that useswhen i was battling and someone did hydra it hit all enemies with fire idk why though i know hydra is a single enemy attack but it was strange. I also do agree that balance is way to weak so KI should at some more balance class blades and a few better stronger spells so balance is a little bit more useful when there is teamwork and if they soloing dungeons

Lvl91 almost lvl 92 Adam spirit Bringer

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
I see nothing wrong with teamwork.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I don't know... it seems ok... I HATE Weakness... so annoying. So, it does boost other schools... but it kills me sometimes.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: Mooshu Area: Tatakai Outpost

Survivor
Mar 15, 2013
I really don't see the issue with balance students. I have a balance that is lvl 86 and I really enjoy this school because first, even though balance seems weak to people, they can never find the true power within it and always underestimate it. Second without balance,what would become of power in the game? This is just my opinion, so hope you guys agree.

Richard Giantcaller Level 86(almost 87)

Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
Travis T on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Hey. I know this is how some people feel. I think balance is a little to weak.
It is not horribly weak. But I think our moves are too weak. I want better traps and blades. Balance blade is good, but I think we need a new blade, specifically for balance. I know some people talk
about this but I have been really bothered lately. I am a lvl 77 balance and I keep having to
ask my friends for help because I can't do it myself. I used most of my crowns on henchman.
Thank you for reading this.

Travis TitanRider Lvl 77
I really agree with you because balance seems of more a teamwork class, as I play most of wizard101 as a death player I've really gotten into just going out there and yoloing my way through bosses which seems to work XD. My second wizard is balance and I'm having a really hard time in marleybone as balance. Spells are not to strong so I kind of did give up on balance. Right now I'm an adept pyromancer, wish me luck XD.

Kevin ghostblood lvl 60

(not here anymore and I forgot name) was lvl 34

Liam summerflame lvl 22

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I feel balance is a very strong questing school, but you should understand much of the strength is defensive. You get triple shields against spirit and elemental spells for free, and have plenty of training points to learn more effective 70/80 % shields against every school as well. This doesn't cover balance damage, but it is easy for a balance wizard to get gear with very high balance resist so you don't really need balance shields. Balance health is quite decent, and you have excellent healing spells that make full use of power pips. Your signature spell, judgement, can go 7 turns before casting; while you wait for the pips you have plenty of turns to cast 0 pip spells, and many of those spells should be shields.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
My first wizard was balance. Until I hit level 60, she was a nightmare to play, and I almost deleted her several times. And, when I was just starting out, someone told me the exact same thing: your only purpose is to play support to others.

So I did everything I could to prove that person wrong. My wizard is a machine, and she has soloed the entire game through Khrysalis (save for the most ridiculous cheat dungeons, of course); her stats are far superior to other balance wizards' stats because I put the effort in. And, while I'm more than happy to play support to others in the right group situation, my wizard is often looked to as a DD (and I certainly don't mind showing off her offensive strength).

I don't particularly care for balance. But I have made the best of the situation.

-von
promethean x3

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
ideas204 on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
i know balance is weak since the class only focus on blading other people and since like alot of balance spells you can only use balance blade for like ra since spirit an elemental blades dont effect things like ra sandstorm and such others but spells like chimera uses balance also has hydra that useswhen i was battling and someone did hydra it hit all enemies with fire idk why though i know hydra is a single enemy attack but it was strange. I also do agree that balance is way to weak so KI should at some more balance class blades and a few better stronger spells so balance is a little bit more useful when there is teamwork and if they soloing dungeons

Lvl91 almost lvl 92 Adam spirit Bringer
Just to answer your question, the hydra was an item or pet spell called Lernaean Hydra, which deals 640, 545, OR 795 damagJohn RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl52
John FrostShard - lvl46

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."e to ALL enemies.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
Balance isn't horribley weak like you said. I agree with a balance only blade. Like a 40% blade. (is it around, im not sure... im only level 45)
Some better buffs and wards. A school we can have a boost on would also be nice. A few spells stronger than storm would be a cofidence booster for sure!