Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance blending in

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
now i know that a lot of people want balance to have a shield and/or a dispell. but think about it: sorcerers have no blade or trap specifically for balance. no prism they can use; no prism they actually get.

now, i think that the following list of spells would be perfectly reasonable, giving all five to balance (blade+shield+trap+prism+dispell), most of which others can acquire too.

sandblade, +40% to next balance attack, 0 pips, quest spell, > level 50

sandtrap, +30% to next balance attack, 0 pips, quest spell, > level 50 (gained with sandblade)

quicksand, +20% to next attack on all enemies, 1 pip, niles spell, > level 35

sandshield, -80% to next balance attack, 0 pips, fairegrounds spell, level 15

smitesand, dispell next balance attack, 2 pips, colossus blvd spell, level 27

powerprism, switch next attack to another random school, 2 pips, niles spell, > level 45

powershield, -25% to next fire, ice, storm, life, myth, death, and balance attacks, niles spell, > level 50

considering that death deals the same damage and has a 40% blade and 30% trap, and taking windstorm into account (quicksand is generic anyway), i think this will satisfy all involved..

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
now i know that a lot of people want balance to have a shield and/or a dispell. but think about it: sorcerers have no blade or trap specifically for balance. no prism they can use; no prism they actually get.

now, i think that the following list of spells would be perfectly reasonable, giving all five to balance (blade+shield+trap+prism+dispell), most of which others can acquire too.

sandblade, +40% to next balance attack, 0 pips, quest spell, > level 50

sandtrap, +30% to next balance attack, 0 pips, quest spell, > level 50 (gained with sandblade)

quicksand, +20% to next attack on all enemies, 1 pip, niles spell, > level 35

sandshield, -80% to next balance attack, 0 pips, fairegrounds spell, level 15

smitesand, dispell next balance attack, 2 pips, colossus blvd spell, level 27

powerprism, switch next attack to another random school, 2 pips, niles spell, > level 45

powershield, -25% to next fire, ice, storm, life, myth, death, and balance attacks, niles spell, > level 50

considering that death deals the same damage and has a 40% blade and 30% trap, and taking windstorm into account (quicksand is generic anyway), i think this will satisfy all involved..
I also had a windstorm like idea for life called blessing which puts a shield on all friends that increases next incoming heal by 20%

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
My comments are in parentheses at the bottom of each attack.

Sandblade: +40% to next Balance attack, 0 pips. Quest spell > Level 50
(Not necessary since we have Balance Blade)

Sandtrap: +30% to next Balance attack, 0 pips. Quest spell > Level 50
(Not necessary since we have Hex; plus gaining this with "sandblade" would be unfair since all the other schools gain their blade and trap at different times)

Quicksand: +20% to next attack on all enemies, 1 pip. Niles' spell > Level 35
(I love this idea)

Sandshield: -80% to next Balance attack, 0 pips. Fairegrounds spell Level 15
(I actually don't think this is necessary because as Sorcerers, we have great resistance to Balance spells; however, I do think we should have a spell similar to Tower Shield)

Smitesand: dispell next Balance attack, 2 pips. Colossus Boulevard spell, Level 27
(Awesome idea, but not really necessary yet since the only time I've ever used Dispells is in Briskbreeze Tower and the Spiral Geographic)

Powerprism: switch next attack to another random school, 2 pips. Niles' spell > Level 45
(I'd give my left arm for this, but it should turn the attack to the monster's weakness and should be given somtime in Celestia)

Powershield: -25% to next Fire, Ice, Storm, Life, Myth, Death, and Balance attacks. Niles' spell > Level 50
(I think something that huge should use 3 pips and should be gained by accepting the quest to go to Celestia)

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
My comments are in parentheses at the bottom of each attack.

Sandblade: +40% to next Balance attack, 0 pips. Quest spell > Level 50
(Not necessary since we have Balance Blade)

Sandtrap: +30% to next Balance attack, 0 pips. Quest spell > Level 50
(Not necessary since we have Hex; plus gaining this with "sandblade" would be unfair since all the other schools gain their blade and trap at different times)

Quicksand: +20% to next attack on all enemies, 1 pip. Niles' spell > Level 35
(I love this idea)

Sandshield: -80% to next Balance attack, 0 pips. Fairegrounds spell Level 15
(I actually don't think this is necessary because as Sorcerers, we have great resistance to Balance spells; however, I do think we should have a spell similar to Tower Shield)

Smitesand: dispell next Balance attack, 2 pips. Colossus Boulevard spell, Level 27
(Awesome idea, but not really necessary yet since the only time I've ever used Dispells is in Briskbreeze Tower and the Spiral Geographic)

Powerprism: switch next attack to another random school, 2 pips. Niles' spell > Level 45
(I'd give my left arm for this, but it should turn the attack to the monster's weakness and should be given somtime in Celestia)

Powershield: -25% to next Fire, Ice, Storm, Life, Myth, Death, and Balance attacks. Niles' spell > Level 50
(I think something that huge should use 3 pips and should be gained by accepting the quest to go to Celestia)

the shield and dispell are for the benefit of non-sorcerers; the blade and trap are to balance it out (all other school have all four). getting the blade and trap at the same time makes up for having to wait the longest to get them; ice, which currently gets the blade last, gets it at level 38. making powerprism turn the attack to the opponent's weak school is pointless, as they will either have shields up - or have the exact same damage dealt (think pvp). and the powershield only blocks 25% of the damage; think of it as seven school-specific weaknesses.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Thats great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way i can make my judgement even stronger.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
funny, I'm playing balance and as balance I use two blades and two traps albiet one is feint... as such if you were to add up the blades and traps of storm school and of life school and of balance school you will find that they all sum up roughly about the same... also note as balance, balance has both hydra and spectral blast both of which are attacks of the other schools and would not as such be affected by balance dispels and balance only shields

balance only shields would not block spectral blast or hydra but would block judgement, sandstorm, and other purely balance spells... as such balance does not need prisms and the like, a fully charged judgment without blades or even traps will do 1600 base damage, at that amount of damage balance can afford to wand off anything that may be upon it

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
no more balance blades and traps ever need to be introduced into this game again, isn't it already enough that players can kill anything many times over in a single attack if they really want to take the time to set it up

at present when dealing 1v1 damage, my balance actually out does my storm in damage, wild bolt fizzles most of the time now and storm only remains strong in game play now due to its attack all cards... with additional blades in the game storm will even lose this advantage as their pip chance is lower than other schools by roughly 10% and their health is a good 900 points less than everyone else, couple that with mediocre casting chance at high levels and all types of dispels and shields against storm and you begin to see the sorry state this game has nerfed storm to

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Thats great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way i can make my judgement even stronger.

Agreed i would love to have all of those the lady that say some arent nesasary um thank you for you inout but really wouldnt it be wonderfull to have all of those i mean come on i have seen other schools be able to put up all kinds of blades and traps it would nice for us that are balance to have more then 3 boosts to our own school.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
funny, I'm playing balance and as balance I use two blades and two traps albiet one is feint... as such if you were to add up the blades and traps of storm school and of life school and of balance school you will find that they all sum up roughly about the same... also note as balance, balance has both hydra and spectral blast both of which are attacks of the other schools and would not as such be affected by balance dispels and balance only shields

balance only shields would not block spectral blast or hydra but would block judgement, sandstorm, and other purely balance spells... as such balance does not need prisms and the like, a fully charged judgment without blades or even traps will do 1600 base damage, at that amount of damage balance can afford to wand off anything that may be upon it

pushing for balance-only shields and dispells with no balance-only buffs is nerfing.

max damage for unboosted judgement is 1400, not 1600.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
the shield and dispell are for the benefit of non-sorcerers; the blade and trap are to balance it out (all other school have all four). getting the blade and trap at the same time makes up for having to wait the longest to get them; ice, which currently gets the blade last, gets it at level 38. making powerprism turn the attack to the opponent's weak school is pointless, as they will either have shields up - or have the exact same damage dealt (think pvp). and the powershield only blocks 25% of the damage; think of it as seven school-specific weaknesses.

How does it make sense to make Balance spells with non-Sorcerers in mind? Every school is unique; it doesn't make sense to add a Balance-specific blade and trap just because it's "fair", especially since we're given something better: BalanceBlade and Hex. I'm pretty sure wizards take up Balance as a second school because of BalanceBlade and Hex just like some wizards take up Death as their second school for Feint. As for PowerPrism, the focus of Wizard101 attacks are to be utilized in regular battle, not PVP, which is why all Prism spells are useless in PVP; plus it's not certain that your opponent will have shields up anyway. Finally, The charm you proposed is a shield against all magic. It doesn't make sense to make it free; it has to be at least 2 pips.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:

How does it make sense to make Balance spells with non-Sorcerers in mind? Every school is unique; it doesn't make sense to add a Balance-specific blade and trap just because it's "fair", especially since we're given something better: BalanceBlade and Hex. I'm pretty sure wizards take up Balance as a second school because of BalanceBlade and Hex just like some wizards take up Death as their second school for Feint. As for PowerPrism, the focus of Wizard101 attacks are to be utilized in regular battle, not PVP, which is why all Prism spells are useless in PVP; plus it's not certain that your opponent will have shields up anyway. Finally, The charm you proposed is a shield against all magic. It doesn't make sense to make it free; it has to be at least 2 pips.

ah, but you see, i'm sick and tired of people complaining about there being no shield for balance; there would have to be a specific blade and trap, otherwise, no shield or dispell.

a non-sorcerer cannot learn balanceblade or hex; people who level in balance hoping for them are wasting their time and tps.

pvp is a small part of w101 and wasn't the focus here anyway; the prism (which anyone can get, and is generic) is for that fairness thing again.

i never said powershield would be no pips; since it's basically seven school-specific weaknesses-as-wards, i think 3 or 4 pips would be reasonable.