Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Balance" Blade?

2
AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 21, 2013
124
Jack The Ice Guy on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
So your saying that its fair other schools get giant boosts and balance doesnt?
Lets break it down:
Bladestorm: +20% Balanceblade: +25% sharpen blade bladestorm: +30% sharpened balanceblade: +35%
So all together that would be 110% damage boost.
Now what about storm?
Stormblade: +30% elemental blade +35 (fire and storm as well) Sharpened stormblade: +40% sharpened elemental blades: +45%
So all together that would be 150% boost! and its storm! dont you think they are already powerful enough? plus if they have a balance on their team they get even more boosts! Now dont even get me started on ice or death.
Why KI did this ill never know. But I also dont like how anybody that makes a topic about balance your always the first person to come criticize them on how they are wrong. As a Balance i would love extra boosts from what i've seen from reading your posts its like your fine with having little damage boosts IDK why but it makes no sense.
You're ignoring that Storm and all of the others schools you mentioned have a shield specific to their school. You're also ignoring that Balance is the only school that can effectively hit with any school in the game. In no way, whatsoever, is Balance a weak school. People have been requesting this 'Balance Blade' for years and from what I've seen, KI has not acknowledged it once. It is never going to happen. If implemented without a Balance-only shield to counter, Balance would become the dominate school in PvP. If a Balance shield was implemented as well, the entire concept of the school would be ruined.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Jack The Ice Guy on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
So your saying that its fair other schools get giant boosts and balance doesnt?
Lets break it down:
Bladestorm: +20% Balanceblade: +25% sharpen blade bladestorm: +30% sharpened balanceblade: +35%
So all together that would be 110% damage boost.
Now what about storm?
Stormblade: +30% elemental blade +35 (fire and storm as well) Sharpened stormblade: +40% sharpened elemental blades: +45%
So all together that would be 150% boost! and its storm! dont you think they are already powerful enough? plus if they have a balance on their team they get even more boosts! Now dont even get me started on ice or death.
Why KI did this ill never know. But I also dont like how anybody that makes a topic about balance your always the first person to come criticize them on how they are wrong. As a Balance i would love extra boosts from what i've seen from reading your posts its like your fine with having little damage boosts IDK why but it makes no sense.
I have a max level Balance wizard, and the reason I am against it is because it would make Balance overpowered. You want to talk about disparity of attack boosts, then you also need to talk about the disparity of shields. Storm and every other school has 25, 30, 35, 50, 55, 70, 70, 75, 75, 80, 85 shields that are stackable to deal with. Balance has only 30, 35, 50 and 55. If you want to increase Balance blades, then you would have to balance it by giving everyone Balance shields. I like the advantage we have as Balance wizards. It makes us a unique school and you want to take that away. THAT is why I post against it. It is very well balanced between schools the way it is, adding more blades, traps, shields and prisms would make Balance weaker, not stronger.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
11
While I do think balance is a bit underpowered in PvE, I do not think adding a school specific blade is the correct fix. It would not fit thematically, and adding a balance specific blade would warrant a balance specific trap, a balance prism (and what would that convert to?), a -80% balance shield, and possibly two new dual shields added in which protect against balance and something else.

I think a better fix would be to simply buff the current balance blade to 40% so it is in line with the other 'support schools' of the spiral, and buff bladestorm to +25% or +30%. A way to train lernaen hydra and/or lycian chimera through trained transmutes or otherwise to mirror the mass prisms other schools got in Avalon.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Jack The Ice Guy on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
So your saying that its fair other schools get giant boosts and balance doesnt?
Lets break it down:
Bladestorm: +20% Balanceblade: +25% sharpen blade bladestorm: +30% sharpened balanceblade: +35%
So all together that would be 110% damage boost.
Now what about storm?
Stormblade: +30% elemental blade +35 (fire and storm as well) Sharpened stormblade: +40% sharpened elemental blades: +45%
So all together that would be 150% boost! and its storm! dont you think they are already powerful enough? plus if they have a balance on their team they get even more boosts! Now dont even get me started on ice or death.
Why KI did this ill never know. But I also dont like how anybody that makes a topic about balance your always the first person to come criticize them on how they are wrong. As a Balance i would love extra boosts from what i've seen from reading your posts its like your fine with having little damage boosts IDK why but it makes no sense.
Just a little correction on your math. 20% + 25% + 30% + 35% does not equal 110%. It's 163% boost
And Storm's is 256% boost with those blades. None of that changes my point about shields, but you really should get the math down if you're going to argue the merits of your proposal.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
4everL0ve on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I was wondering how come every other school except balance have their own unique blades like firebladee +35% fire damage but balanceblade is +25% to the next outgoing damage i actually want KI to make a "balance"blade that gives +25% to the next outgoing BALANCE spell this is because the only blades taht can boost balance hits are bladestorm and balanceblade and it is not enough. a "balance" blade, maybe should be called dragonblade, should be added to make balance hits more powerfuli understand that there are also elemental blade and spirit blade but they only boost spectral blast hydra and chimera. anyone agree with me to add a "balance" blade
-Kenneth PvP Warlord
-Kenneth Night Pvp Warlord
-Kenneth Dragon Warlord
I really think many misunderstand Balance, it's not a school of Fire or Storm type
damage. It's a medium damage school, and is designed to play a crafty type
game to win.
It has Weakness to keep the other schools power down.
It has Black Mantel to make them fizzle if they try to attack or heal.
It has Tri-Blades, Balance Blade and it's Bladestorm for boosting.
It gets a powerhouse of a spell in Judgement early on in the game.

But the key to Pure Balance, is only a Tower shield can block it, giving a
Balance a huge advantage.
Plus, while everyone else is putting up converts, we don't need them at all.

These are some of the things that make Balance so unique, and I think that
Balance is perfect just the way it was designed.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
37
seethe42 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
I have a max level Balance wizard, and the reason I am against it is because it would make Balance overpowered. You want to talk about disparity of attack boosts, then you also need to talk about the disparity of shields. Storm and every other school has 25, 30, 35, 50, 55, 70, 70, 75, 75, 80, 85 shields that are stackable to deal with. Balance has only 30, 35, 50 and 55. If you want to increase Balance blades, then you would have to balance it by giving everyone Balance shields. I like the advantage we have as Balance wizards. It makes us a unique school and you want to take that away. THAT is why I post against it. It is very well balanced between schools the way it is, adding more blades, traps, shields and prisms would make Balance weaker, not stronger.
"Storm and every other school has 25, 30, 35, 50, 55, 70, 70, 75, 75, 80, 85 shields that are stackable to deal with"
You do know their is something called pierce and shadow shrike right? Saying that other schools have more shields is a ridiculous reason.
"I like the advantage we have as Balance wizards"
Yes having a lower percentage in boosts gives us a great advantage.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Jack The Ice Guy on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
"Storm and every other school has 25, 30, 35, 50, 55, 70, 70, 75, 75, 80, 85 shields that are stackable to deal with"
You do know their is something called pierce and shadow shrike right? Saying that other schools have more shields is a ridiculous reason.
"I like the advantage we have as Balance wizards"
Yes having a lower percentage in boosts gives us a great advantage.
Did you even think for a second before that response? Shrike goes through a single shield for starters, but that's got nothing to do with the argument. Adding higher balance blades REQUIRES adding all those shields for players and creatures to make it fair. It will make it harder for Balance wizards NOT easier. We already have a great advantage that you are clearly unable to understand. Adding 10% more attack while also adding 80% shields will NOT make you stronger. Learn to use the school to your benefit or pick another school that fits you better. Not everyone is cut out to play Balance. It is a more difficult and advanced school requiring a little more thinking than others.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
37
seethe42 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Did you even think for a second before that response? Shrike goes through a single shield for starters, but that's got nothing to do with the argument. Adding higher balance blades REQUIRES adding all those shields for players and creatures to make it fair. It will make it harder for Balance wizards NOT easier. We already have a great advantage that you are clearly unable to understand. Adding 10% more attack while also adding 80% shields will NOT make you stronger. Learn to use the school to your benefit or pick another school that fits you better. Not everyone is cut out to play Balance. It is a more difficult and advanced school requiring a little more thinking than others.
Honestly I find it quite funny how your taking a GAME so seriously, its like it would kill you to add a new balance blade. Last time I checked this place is called the dorms, a place to post ideas on the game and this is MY I don't know why you always have to get so mad on EVERY post that has "Balance" in the title. I want a better balance blade and you don't can't to respect my opinion?! The way you say adding balance blades means they will have to add shields isn't a very good excuse, because all the schools have +30 - +40 blades and they seem to be doing fine even with all those shields, so why can't balance? It may be harder for you but its sure gonna be easy for me.
*sigh*

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
59
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Jack The Ice Guy on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Honestly I find it quite funny how your taking a GAME so seriously, its like it would kill you to add a new balance blade. Last time I checked this place is called the dorms, a place to post ideas on the game and this is MY I don't know why you always have to get so mad on EVERY post that has "Balance" in the title. I want a better balance blade and you don't can't to respect my opinion?! The way you say adding balance blades means they will have to add shields isn't a very good excuse, because all the schools have +30 - +40 blades and they seem to be doing fine even with all those shields, so why can't balance? It may be harder for you but its sure gonna be easy for me.
*sigh*
You say that the need for added shields isn't a good excuse, but I suggest you go back to the story of the creation of the Balance school. It was created BECAUSE it could not be shielded. Changing the entire basis of the school would unbalance the schools. Balance has two blades already which add to a +50% when used together. The other schools must use training points to acquire multiple blades. It's basic math, Balance has less need for more powerful blades because no one can shield against it. It's a very valid reason for not having more powerful blades for the school.

It's not a matter of taking the game too seriously, it's a matter of you failing understand the consequences of it. It would either overpower the school against other schools by giving them a third blade without a shield or it would take away their only unique strength of not having a shield making them just a weak support school only for halfway decent healing and buffing other players.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
168
Balance has a universal blade to provide a universal buff. Since Balance is the combination of all the schools, It makes sense for the blade to affect everyone else.

In PvE, Balance has a Burst Mage Profile associated with it. Its blades are more adapt to being put on a storm or a fire, While the balance attacks without blades. Think of it more like a spam school, Similar to storm in PvP.

Compare the above niche, To the school of storm. Balance blade, 25% is only 5% Less for an attack that has barely any shields for it. If They give balance a blade, They'll have to buff our attack damage, And implement a way to counteract the attack buff, They will have to implement a resistance buff to most gear sets or a shield.

Now, Balance also has the ability to use Spirit blades doubling the efficiency. Try: Balance Blade, Balance blade, Blade storm, Spirit blades And then a Chimera. You suddenly have more damage than most other schools from blading. Before you say "X Boss resist certain school", You will have both spectral blast, Hydra, and Chimera for this play style and Pierce, as well as shatter treasure cards.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
134
RavenKatz on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I thought that too! But I though of balance shield and other charms. But they need a dispel the next balance spell or whatever you would call that. If you think for a minute balance has an advantage of all the schools that makes them more powerful then your powerful than your ice, fire, just all those schools. Since balance has control of the schools, they wouldn't need a " balance" blade or those other charms and wards. So just think... their own blades, shields, and all that other stuff

Alia Frostflame level 22
There is a balance dispel specifically for balance spells only.

2