Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance and fire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
why dose balance not have a damage over time spell, we are made of all the schools but where is there fire part of balance

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
pistolcheese wrote:
why dose balance not have a damage over time spell, we are made of all the schools but where is there fire part of balance

Indeed they should also get drains and be able to do 1000 damage for 2 pips.

It takes the schools buffs, not attributes. The only shield to balance is tower shield so balance getting a DoT is unfair. They get to summon a fire minion, they have hydra and spectral blast. They've taken enough from the elemental schools.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
pistolcheese wrote:

fire resides with fire. Train fire as your secondary school if you want their DoT spells.

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
There is none yet. However, you can learn other school spells with training points you gain...as long as your level is high enough, you can learn it.

I recommend learning fire elf first...I think you can learn it pretty quick too for fire from professor Falmea in Ravenwood.

Also, if you buy crowns and willing to take the chance, or just have a lot of crowns (rich) then go all out to automatically learn deer night from the card pack knight's lore.

I learned it, and it will work for any wizard level...but be warned, it is a super rare spell to learn.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
RavenLady777 wrote:
pistolcheese wrote:

fire resides with fire. Train fire as your secondary school if you want their DoT spells.
I am going to disagree with this because you can learn stronger dots than fire without choosing it as a secondary school. Fire resides with fire is wrong, because death has a dot, myth has a dot, even ice has a dot.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
conno365 wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
pistolcheese wrote:

I am going to disagree with this because you can learn stronger dots than fire without choosing it as a secondary school. Fire resides with fire is wrong, because death has a dot, myth has a dot, even ice has a dot.

I am also disagreeing. Fire's main style of attack (as far as I know) is to stack up DoT on people. Every other school should have zero to three DoT spells right now.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2011
It takes the schools buffs, not attributes. The only shield to balance is tower shield so balance getting a DoT is unfair.

I agree with you Flarzedrago9 110%. We as a fire wizard will, the king of DOT spells, will be insulted if yet again another school claims a Dot, especially balance. That basically takes off the red and orange colors of a fire wizard because any other school can cast a dot :? . What makes us special now ? Hope KI doesn't give another school a dot

Archmage Fire Wizard