Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Badge effects

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
i read an old thread on badges and want to bring it up again. I think it is a neat idea, and you know how if you dipdfeat enough of a certain type of enemy you get a badge. Badges earned this way gives a bonus whenever the wizard encounters an enemy.
So undead hunter would give 5% damage bonus against undead undead slayer 5% damage and defense against undead undead stalker 10% damage and 5% resistance to undead.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I too have seen this suggestion before, and I certainly think it has some merit. Considering you can only wear one badge at a time, and there are over 300 available, I think it makes sense that there's some value for acquiring the hundreds you can't wear at any given time.

Some badges I'm not sure what they would give you. Crafting badges already do give you bonus crafting slots, so the idea is already in action in one at least one area of the game.

Fishing I think you could get extra XP considering how high the XP requirements are to advance levels.

I'm not sure what you do for Gardening badges. A lot of people don't need extra XP. Some people need more Gold, some don't. There are a lot of possibilities, I just don't know which one makes the most sense.

The Pet Mini Games badges, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them give you an XP bonus. Maybe you get bonus XP for completion of a mini-game; ie. Campaigner gives you +1 XP for completing a Grumpy Gobblers level, Ninja Grandmaster gives you +3 XP for completing a Way of the Ninja Pig course, added on to the 0 - 4 XP you gain depending on your performance. Maybe if you get all six badges between the two games that award them, you also get a 20% increase in XP rewards gained from pet snacks in every mini-game, including the ones with no badges associated with them.

The suggestions on bonuses for "defeat" badges is definitely headed in the right direction.

Maybe some of the other badges just don't offer any bonuses. Or maybe others can come up with some creative ideas that I'm just unable to think of right now. One in a Million and Elixir Vitae should certainly give you some sort of bonus, but I'm just not sure which stat(s) I would recommend they boost.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010