Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Badge Boosts

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
What if for every badge you earned, you were rewarded with 10/15/25 Crowns depending on how important the badge was? Badges just seem quite unimportant, they don't do anything other than show (the very few) players that care a certain thing you did. So badges could certainly do with an expansion. Now I personally prefer the Crowns option, but of course I have more ideas.

Each badge gives you a boost in a stat, or an item card. Like Hero of Unicorn Way might give +1% damage, but Child of Shadow and Light could give +1% pip chance. Certain badges could give spells named/pictured in them, like Golem Tower Champion could give 1 Golem Minion item card, and Sword Saint could give a blade/Sharpen Blade. I'd love this because in PvE you'd try harder to get better badges, and badge completionists would have a use for the ones they already have. And it'd also add another incentive to progress in PvP because the higher PvP rank you are; the better boost your badge gives you. It'd also be great for side-activities if Crafting badges cut cooldowns, generated certain/random reagents over time, or added crafting timers. Also, Fishing badges could increase Fishing Luck, or energy. For Gardening, may cast certain spells like Summon Pixie, or increased energy would be really helpful. I think everyone would appreciate something like this.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
What if for every badge you earned, you were rewarded with 10/15/25 Crowns depending on how important the badge was? Badges just seem quite unimportant, they don't do anything other than show (the very few) players that care a certain thing you did. So badges could certainly do with an expansion. Now I personally prefer the Crowns option, but of course I have more ideas.

Each badge gives you a boost in a stat, or an item card. Like Hero of Unicorn Way might give +1% damage, but Child of Shadow and Light could give +1% pip chance. Certain badges could give spells named/pictured in them, like Golem Tower Champion could give 1 Golem Minion item card, and Sword Saint could give a blade/Sharpen Blade. I'd love this because in PvE you'd try harder to get better badges, and badge completionists would have a use for the ones they already have. And it'd also add another incentive to progress in PvP because the higher PvP rank you are; the better boost your badge gives you. It'd also be great for side-activities if Crafting badges cut cooldowns, generated certain/random reagents over time, or added crafting timers. Also, Fishing badges could increase Fishing Luck, or energy. For Gardening, may cast certain spells like Summon Pixie, or increased energy would be really helpful. I think everyone would appreciate something like this.
Good idea