Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Backpack Backpack!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
I'm sure this has been brought up already but in the case that it hasn't I will throw it out there. W101 needs to have larger backpacks whether you guys make them purchasable through crowns or make them drops doesn't really matter. The 150 space just is not cutting it. It would be nice if they gave stats as well. There are a lot of possibilities. I for one don't mind how it is done at least give us say 200-225 space.
Checking to see how much things are in your limited backpack can really become a pain.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Yes please or, I would love a vault for other items. We have a seed vault and a gear vault (thank you!) which can be purchased for crowns. I would love to also have a jewel vault (seems natural), and a furniture vault, and so on.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
The limited space in the backpack was raised before from 120 to 150. I'm sure it can happen again down the road. In the meantime I rather see share bank limit raised to 200. For the limit being at 100, It doesn't take long for 6 wizards to fill it up with items left over you don't want to sell. I know there's a personal bank and now a vault but they don't do much good if your others wizards can't pick them up.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
150 is more than enough space. Stop hoarding every piece of gear you never use. Stop carrying around all your housing items. There's no point in keeping 5 pages of pet hatches you aren't using, let them roam in your houses/yards. Craft some vaults for gear and seeds.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
AedanI on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up already but in the case that it hasn't I will throw it out there. W101 needs to have larger backpacks whether you guys make them purchasable through crowns or make them drops doesn't really matter. The 150 space just is not cutting it. It would be nice if they gave stats as well. There are a lot of possibilities. I for one don't mind how it is done at least give us say 200-225 space.
Checking to see how much things are in your limited backpack can really become a pain.
that, or split the gear and the house space.... 150 for both.......... or... or 80 if your not a member

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 12, 2016 wrote:
The limited space in the backpack was raised before from 120 to 150. I'm sure it can happen again down the road. In the meantime I rather see share bank limit raised to 200. For the limit being at 100, It doesn't take long for 6 wizards to fill it up with items left over you don't want to sell. I know there's a personal bank and now a vault but they don't do much good if your others wizards can't pick them up.
Great points. I never knew what the shared bank limit was. I am still unclear whether seeds and things count in the backpack limit also. It really doesn't take long to fill things up.

I bought a few packs and that really changed things. I got some things I really wanted or needed but a lot of things I didn't as well. I wish we could do wizard yard sales. That would be fun ;)

That last bit wasn't serious before anyone gets upset ;)

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
SparkleTude on Nov 12, 2016 wrote:
Yes please or, I would love a vault for other items. We have a seed vault and a gear vault (thank you!) which can be purchased for crowns. I would love to also have a jewel vault (seems natural), and a furniture vault, and so on.
While I disagree with a need for more backpack space, I wouldn't mind a shared bank increase, and am currently dying for a Jewel Vault. We have attics for furniture, but it's definitely not a bad idea. I'd just love to see more vaults: Reagent Vault, Fish Vault, Jewel Vault, Furniture Vault, Pet Vault (maybe), etc..

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
SparkleTude on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
Great points. I never knew what the shared bank limit was. I am still unclear whether seeds and things count in the backpack limit also. It really doesn't take long to fill things up.

I bought a few packs and that really changed things. I got some things I really wanted or needed but a lot of things I didn't as well. I wish we could do wizard yard sales. That would be fun ;)

That last bit wasn't serious before anyone gets upset ;)
Each item and each seed occupies one space in your backpack, bank or share bank. Example: If you put 10 items and 10 seeds regardless what they are in your backpack, that's 20 out of 150 spaces already filled. Items you equip will not decrease the amount you have in your backpack. However, reagents and pet snacks has it's own pouch with a 999 limit for each kind there is. Jewels also has it's own pouch with 100 limit regardless what they are.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
I think KI should sell a bigger backpack for sale in the crown store and have Eloise expand the backpack at least to hold 200 items more for 50 crowns

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
Each item and each seed occupies one space in your backpack, bank or share bank. Example: If you put 10 items and 10 seeds regardless what they are in your backpack, that's 20 out of 150 spaces already filled. Items you equip will not decrease the amount you have in your backpack. However, reagents and pet snacks has it's own pouch with a 999 limit for each kind there is. Jewels also has it's own pouch with 100 limit regardless what they are.
Thank you for this info :)

Great to know there is a 999 limit on something!
I am for anything that brings more space with it - I guess I am kind of a gear hoarder. I like how some things look and the stats on others. I am afraid if I sell one type of look I will need it in the next world in the Spiral. Then there are the seasonal and holiday things.

Blaze thanks for the reminder about the attic. I'm just afraid if I put things in there I will forget to take them out again or the attic monster will eat them (probably the latter.) Don't all attics have attic monsters? (Kidding. But it seems like this game world might. They are everywhere else. Lol)

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
You think 150 space is bad? Look at crowns players with 80 space. Either way, these spaces are way too small. There is really no reason to have a backpack limit. I understand that they don't want us hoarding items, but this tiny space is ridiculous! Most of us have our backpacks the emptiest at the very least of 60 space. Our backpack space limit should be 500.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I do not think the backpack needs to increase in size. When I first started playing I did not have any crowns as a player or a subscription. That was small, but even that transferred items to my bank when I exceeded the count. As I grew to enjoy the game my backpack grew, but remember we have the bank and homes to decorate and place stuff in.

Plus why would someone need to hold tons of useless equipment. We all know the good from the bad on items and can easily sell or place in the bazaar. Now I can agree with a previous poster maybe doubling so the housing items and equipment do not affect each other like regents and fish do not impact would be nice. But beyond that I do not think we need to grow the pack.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
For me, backpack space isn't the biggest issue, it's max Gold. Most of the time I can't sell anything because I have too much Gold. I'll often resort to feeding it to my pet in those cases, but I just hate doing that with auctionable items. Don't know why, it doesn't really make a difference anyway. Nobody is going to buy the gear I sell at the Bazaar anyway, so it's not like I'm doing anybody any favours selling it there.

That said I think a larger bank and a larger shared bank would help. I don't need to carry around all the stuff I have in my backpack, but some of it I don't want to trash neither, at least not yet. I have so many pets that my houses are filled to the 50 Max both inside and out, so I've run out of places to put them. I haven't had a chance to train all of them yet to see whether or not I want to keep them or trash them.

It is kind of silly when you think about it, that your bank holds less than your backpack.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
You think 150 space is bad? Look at crowns players with 80 space. Either way, these spaces are way too small. There is really no reason to have a backpack limit. I understand that they don't want us hoarding items, but this tiny space is ridiculous! Most of us have our backpacks the emptiest at the very least of 60 space. Our backpack space limit should be 500.
Ok, I have been seeing a lot of your posts stating there is no reason for something to be the way it is...

KI does give additional space to members on the Backpack....We all ran with 80 until they did make a change but It really doesn't have anything to do with Hoarding....ALL of my wizards 12, of them empty backpacks every time I run. None of them carry anything that isn't equipped. If I need a different wand or piece of gear, it is nothing to port to my house or dorm and switch it out....Just setting a mark, get the item, port to the commons of the world I just left, fill up mana then port to my mark....

If you carry a lot of items in your backpack, at some point you are going to start lagging. 500 items would be the last thing I would want in my backpack. It isn't necessary.

KI sets things in the game according to what their servers can handle.