Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Awesome pirate101 concepts that should be added

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 28, 2010
So it's no surprise that pirate101 and wizard101 are 2 completely different games with different mechanics but some of these concepts can be integrated into wizard101, so here are 4 of my favorites.
1. Group team up: in pirate101, if you are in a group with someone and you join team up, both you and that person get to go the same team up team! I think that this is a brilliant idea for wizard101 so you won't have as much people leaving because their friend didn't show up and they don't have to wait for the annoying cool down.
2. Team up confirm: don't you hate it when you team up and try to see what schools are in your team but you were the last person to join so you don't know? Well in pirate101, every team up member is given 20 seconds to confirm, I think this is a great idea as well.
3. Accessing your bank from anywhere in your house: I personally think it's annoying having to take a teleporter to get to your bank in wizard101 and while pirate101 doesn't have teleporters, the bank can be accessed from anywhere.
4. A better purpose for groups: in pirate101, groups affect who your teammates are in team up and also affect if you can bring them to vortexes. In wizard101 however, groups have no other function other than to chat, I would love to see the group feature extended.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27
Lvl 65 buc
Lvl 61 swashbuckler
Lvl 8 musk
Lvl 7 witch
Lvl 6 privateer

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I agree with this and think other concepts can be added as well:

-Equivalent drops- In Pirate 101 when one person gets a rare piece of gear all persons gain that rare piece of gear. The class of the gear changes to match the pirate. This means that if one person got the DM hat, all people on the team would get the hat

-Responsive Developers- Developer Ratbeard actually responds to player feedback in a timely manner. Wizards need an analogue to this

-Multiple Viable Gear Sets

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on May 25, 2016 wrote:
I agree with this and think other concepts can be added as well:

-Equivalent drops- In Pirate 101 when one person gets a rare piece of gear all persons gain that rare piece of gear. The class of the gear changes to match the pirate. This means that if one person got the DM hat, all people on the team would get the hat

-Responsive Developers- Developer Ratbeard actually responds to player feedback in a timely manner. Wizards need an analogue to this

-Multiple Viable Gear Sets
I like all these except for equivalent drops because if one person gets trash, everyone gets trash.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
I forgot to talk about pvp somehow so here are 2 more:
5. No first turn advantage: in pirate101, the combat system works like chess where the first person chooses their turn while the second person watches and then the second person chooses their turn and the first person watches.
6. Separation of pvp and PVE: Pirate101 does a lot more to fix pvp than wizard101. In fact, PVE and pvp have completely different mechanics. For example, you cannot stack buffs in pvp but you can in PVE

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Adam,

I like your suggestions. I hate it when people leave the Team Up and it's annoying to have to walk to your bank sometimes. Only addition is maybe make the Team Up confirm an optional thing or make the countdown less time to accept. It's sometimes frustrating waiting for Team Up to finish counting down.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
exp613 on May 26, 2016 wrote:
Adam,

I like your suggestions. I hate it when people leave the Team Up and it's annoying to have to walk to your bank sometimes. Only addition is maybe make the Team Up confirm an optional thing or make the countdown less time to accept. It's sometimes frustrating waiting for Team Up to finish counting down.
Yeah, most of these are about team up because of how bad the team up option is in Wizard101

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I really like all of those suggestions! I don't really mind the bank as much, but I like the idea of being able to access it from anywhere. Something else I really like about pirate101 that I think would be cool to get carried over into W101 is pet battling though. I know it would have a completely different way of being set up, but I just think it would be pretty cool. I'm pretty sure us wizards are just going to be stuck with the pet derby instead though. (Not that there's anything wrong with the pet derby, it's pretty fun.)

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
MaryUnicornStrider on May 28, 2016 wrote:
I really like all of those suggestions! I don't really mind the bank as much, but I like the idea of being able to access it from anywhere. Something else I really like about pirate101 that I think would be cool to get carried over into W101 is pet battling though. I know it would have a completely different way of being set up, but I just think it would be pretty cool. I'm pretty sure us wizards are just going to be stuck with the pet derby instead though. (Not that there's anything wrong with the pet derby, it's pretty fun.)
I never noticed how useful being able to access your bank from anywhere was until I really started using it and I absolutely love it.

As for pet battling, I've never done it in pirate101 but wiz already has pet derby. I think pet battling in pirate is meant to replace to derby so I don't think it's fair for wiz to get both unless pirate gets both.

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
They need to add that P101 pet duel, that is awesome.