Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Autism Awareness

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
Hello KingsIsle! I am Tara StarDust. I have Autism.

I would like to raise Autism Awareness in Wizard101 however, I am worried that I may get bullied or people will not listen to me. :(

So I was wondering if you could make an NPC (Non player character) that has a quest that tells you about Autism. Maybe the quest could even give you a reward like a blue Piggle pet with a white puzzle piece on it!

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I know there are other Wizards out there with your condition. One of my wizard friends has talked about having it. He has some challenges talking to people, in person. Wizard gives him another way to express himself. I bet there are many others. You can start by being yourself, and that is part of who you are. You can act as an ambassador to others you meet as you travel around the spiral. You can talk to the people you have on your friend list. You don't need to shout in Commons and get bullied or ignored. You have a legitimate concern there. Some in Commons can be brutal, even to people just standing around.
I don't know if King's Isle would want to make a quest about it (because it would involve loads of time and programming issues), but you have something there with your Puzzle Piggle idea. They have made charity mounts before, like the lama, donating proceeds raised from selling them to a children's hospital. They have given special housing items on certain memorial days. I could see them doing something like that related to autism. When is autism awareness day?
I bet many people would be interested in a pet like that, and it would be a conversation starter. "What kind of pet is that? A puzzle piggle from autism awareness day..."

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
The Piggle pet is an awesome idea. I hope KI reads your post, and takes your suggestion to heart. What a great way to support autism awareness, and give players a cute pet. Excellent post!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Calamity Finch on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
I know there are other Wizards out there with your condition. One of my wizard friends has talked about having it. He has some challenges talking to people, in person. Wizard gives him another way to express himself. I bet there are many others. You can start by being yourself, and that is part of who you are. You can act as an ambassador to others you meet as you travel around the spiral. You can talk to the people you have on your friend list. You don't need to shout in Commons and get bullied or ignored. You have a legitimate concern there. Some in Commons can be brutal, even to people just standing around.
I don't know if King's Isle would want to make a quest about it (because it would involve loads of time and programming issues), but you have something there with your Puzzle Piggle idea. They have made charity mounts before, like the lama, donating proceeds raised from selling them to a children's hospital. They have given special housing items on certain memorial days. I could see them doing something like that related to autism. When is autism awareness day?
I bet many people would be interested in a pet like that, and it would be a conversation starter. "What kind of pet is that? A puzzle piggle from autism awareness day..."
I agree with this.
I don't see KI adding a specific quest, but they do special charity things each year. The little Puzzle Piggle would be a fantastic addition, but at least part of the proceeds going to a specific Autism charity.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2014
That is a very good idea I was in class and the teacher gave us a packet about this. I understand that it must be hard. If they could add the birthday thing then they can add this I also agree that part of the proceeds should go to a autism charity,

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
angelstar425 on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
Hello KingsIsle! I am Tara StarDust. I have Autism.

I would like to raise Autism Awareness in Wizard101 however, I am worried that I may get bullied or people will not listen to me. :(

So I was wondering if you could make an NPC (Non player character) that has a quest that tells you about Autism. Maybe the quest could even give you a reward like a blue Piggle pet with a white puzzle piece on it!

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)
yeah great idea!
A new piggle is awesome and I do think that autism deserves day of some sort in Wizard101 I hope they add this