Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Attending Pigswick Academy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
(SPOILER ALERT. There are SPOILERs in this article for all of you who have yet to complete the first main storyline) Basically this is for those wizards who have maxed out their level and are pretty bored. So they could go into their character statistics page and click on a button that would change them into a Pigswick student (in the past). When you first "change over" you start out at level one in the Headmistress's office. She is talking to you when all of a sudden Malistaire (who is alive) shows up and proceeds to have his minions battle you because he wishes to use the Headmistress in his plans to bring his wife back to life. After you defeat them you get set off on this new storyline that shows how Pigswick Academy also helped in defeating Malistaire. Of course you could always go back to the character statistics page and go back to your old wizard (in the future). Anybody have any tweaks on this idea?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Well this wouldn't really work since KI eliminated any room for Pigswick attacks. The school teaches magic theory, not for actual protection purposes.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
THG489 wrote:
(SPOILER ALERT. There are SPOILERs in this article for all of you who have yet to complete the first main storyline) Basically this is for those wizards who have maxed out their level and are pretty bored. So they could go into their character statistics page and click on a button that would change them into a Pigswick student (in the past). When you first "change over" you start out at level one in the Headmistress's office. She is talking to you when all of a sudden Malistaire (who is alive) shows up and proceeds to have his minions battle you because he wishes to use the Headmistress in his plans to bring his wife back to life. After you defeat them you get set off on this new storyline that shows how Pigswick Academy also helped in defeating Malistaire. Of course you could always go back to the character statistics page and go back to your old wizard (in the future). Anybody have any tweaks on this idea?

many have posted ideas like this
this idea most likely wont be added because they will need to make and program spells for every school in wysteria and would the people in wysteria have a normal quest line of worlds or not

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The problem is that Pigswick didn't help. In fact, it's outright stated that Pigswick was founded by someone who flat out wasn't capable of any powerful magic, and the strongest students there are perhaps on par with a novice in Ravenwood.

While the prospect of starting over could be entertaining, it would be impossible. Firstly, the two schools are RIVALS. Meaning that any student from the other school will be looked on with contempt and scorn. It would be outright strange to play as a Pigswick student (not to mention that we're humans, not pigs) as we're already attending Ravenwood.

I'd rather see options, like in Dragonspyre, to go into the past and witness parts of the background story. I admit, that's still one of my favourite quests, while I generally dislike the rest of Dragonspyre...

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
THG489 wrote:

many have posted ideas like this
this idea most likely wont be added because they will need to make and program spells for every school in wysteria and would the people in wysteria have a normal quest line of worlds or not
Sorry that I forgot to mention this part but the spells would be the same but with different names. For example (this is off the top of my head) Scarab would be called Beetle or something.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:
The problem is that Pigswick didn't help. In fact, it's outright stated that Pigswick was founded by someone who flat out wasn't capable of any powerful magic, and the strongest students there are perhaps on par with a novice in Ravenwood.

While the prospect of starting over could be entertaining, it would be impossible. Firstly, the two schools are RIVALS. Meaning that any student from the other school will be looked on with contempt and scorn. It would be outright strange to play as a Pigswick student (not to mention that we're humans, not pigs) as we're already attending Ravenwood.

I'd rather see options, like in Dragonspyre, to go into the past and witness parts of the background story. I admit, that's still one of my favourite quests, while I generally dislike the rest of Dragonspyre...
If you haven't forgotten, it also stated that Pigswick also accepts ANY student who can pay the tuition. The way I think of it is that the tuition has already been payed by some unknown and mysterious outer source. Who better to loin the school than someone who has actual magic capabilities. This place would also, because it is in the past, kind of be its own world and the two groups would never come into contact with each other.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
THG489 wrote:
Very original plot dude, maybe you can do something with lord bramble, but otherwise i like the idea! 8)

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
THG489 wrote:
i had the same idea but it was about cutting class and sneaking around wistiria

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Well this wouldn't really work since KI eliminated any room for Pigswick attacks. The school teaches magic theory, not for actual protection purposes.

so the quests don't have attacks in them, or better yet, the quests show WHY the school decided to get rid of hands on stuff and just teach magic theory instead.

I'm pretty sure that Pigswick was started by some disgruntled ravenwood students/ex-professors so it would make sense that they'd both try to imitate ravenwood while at the same time trying to improve what they saw as wrong with it.

The pigs apparently do well with the pigswick instruction. you see them levitating all sorts of stuff.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Dark7X wrote:
THG489 wrote:
Very original plot dude, maybe you can do something with lord bramble, but otherwise i like the idea! 8)
Well as my ideas get much "greater" (chuckle chuckle) all of this will occur BEFORE the current problems in Wysteria surface. Wysteria would also have some no areas exclusive only to the wizards whose levels are maxed out and allowed to be in this start over world (Could some body check that last sentance's grammar?). Thanks for liking my idea though.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
1: No Pigswick spells.
2: To big of content. Ki would have to start the whole game over in a different perspective.
3: We are RAVENWOOD students. Wizard101 is based off Ravenwood.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
so the quests don't have attacks in them, or better yet, the quests show WHY the school decided to get rid of hands on stuff and just teach magic theory instead.

I'm pretty sure that Pigswick was started by some disgruntled ravenwood students/ex-professors so it would make sense that they'd both try to imitate ravenwood while at the same time trying to improve what they saw as wrong with it.

The pigs apparently do well with the pigswick instruction. you see them levitating all sorts of stuff.

An entire Wizard101 game expansion that consists of non-combat quests. That doesn't seem mind-numbingly dull.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
1: No Pigswick spells.
2: To big of content. Ki would have to start the whole game over in a different perspective.
3: We are RAVENWOOD students. Wizard101 is based off Ravenwood.

Actually you become a student of Dragonspyre Acadamy(i'm 90% sure i spelled that wrong), any way to fight Malistare you need to become a student to get into Dragonspyre's school, so in the end you wind up being botha member of Ravenwood and dragonspyre acadamy.

Diana DragonpyreLife: Legendary
=^..^=