Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Asking for a way to update our favorite old gear

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Anyone else miss their Water Works Gear now that they are level 125? Or the Winter Tusk Craft Gear?

I wish I could pay a Crown Fee and update my favorite gear as I level. Same type of stats, same balance, just greater power for the higher level - whatever would be a natural progression. And adding new level appropriate things - like Shadow Pips after level 100 etc.

It couldn't apply to gear in packs, as it would cut down demand for buying the packs. But it could be applied to craft gear, drop gear that isn't in any pack or gauntlet and regular "free" drop gear, some of which is great - at level. It could also be applied to all gear that has been retired and people can't buy in a pack anyway.

Could be a Jewel that went to each gear piece - hat, robe, boot, deck, wand, necklace, atheme, ring, pet - that magnified the stat some percentage every level up. But it could be coded so that when you reached a certain percentage point Shadow Pips were added too, and a card became 2 cards and ...whatever. The update was triggered by hitting a certain % point.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2017
Stitch your gears. there is no way you can "miss" the stats. Darkmoor is basically a complete upgrade to waterworks set.