Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Area Pricing

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I had an idea a while back that I forgot about. I recently remembered it, and although it sounds both UP and OP, I thought I'd share it anyway. Basically, Crowns players will know that each world is divided into different areas, each of which costs a certain amount of Crowns to buy. In recent worlds, the prices seem to have stopped at 1,995 Crowns each. But I realised that the first zone in the entire game is 750 Crowns, which is rather difficult to get free-to-play and annoying even when buying zones. So here's my idea.

The current storyline (WC-MR [I assume including this will be okay]) costs 125,640 Crowns total (excluding side worlds/dungeons). But what if each area cost the world in order*200. So each WC zone would be 200, each KT zone would be 400, each PL zone would be 2,200, each MR zone would be 2,400. Later worlds would cost even more, increasing the profit made in later game for KI; but making it a lot easier for people to trivia/ad their way through WC. This would make the current storyline (WC-MR) cost 101,800 Crowns total. Costing 23,840 less than the existing cost. But a lower starting velocity will still overtake with a higher acceleration. In the fourth arc, KI will almost certainly be making more money from this than they currently are, but with a $5 purchase players can own WC+Pyramid of Fire.

Of course, refunding the currently purchased areas/just changing the un-purchased ones would be a technical issue, not to mention how annoying it might be to resolve the existing costs. And, of course, I don't know how other players might feel about this. So feel free to leave your thoughts on this, and I'd love to see criticism on it too, because while I feel there's many issues I'm overlooking I can't seem to see them.