Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

animations that need fixing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Hi thought I would make a list of some animations and spells i find to be not quite right. if you have any others please add them to this thread.

1. Scarecrow, This animation needs changing because it has a bad camera angle , I cannot see the damage being dealt , because when it hits enemy's the camera angle is focused on the scarecrow. the angle needs to be changed or zoomed out further , the only way i can work out how much damage it done is by how much it healed.

2. Tall enemy's on screen , the trouble with taller/larger enemy's , is I cannot see the text above them because it does not fit into the screen, when i hit them the display above their head is out of the screen. and sometimes I cannot even see their names or stats. the display of stats and damage dealt /charms etc should be lower or the camera zoomed out a little further so we can see the display.

3. larger animations , some spells are so large that when the camera focuses on the caster to show the blades and /charms that will apply to the spell, the huge spell animation blocks the view of the caster.

also on a side note , the new spells are a little unfair.
I am starting to see no point in healing anymore.
why? here is a scenario.
I have seen so many times someone buffs up only a few charms, and then hits someone for over 4k damage even when that person has a tower shield on. this is non crit.... we should all have a lot more health , i am tired of it being all about who can get enough buffs first to one shot the other person..it should not be like this. introduce pvp only gears that have more health more resistance so you can have a decent battle thats not all about trying to do more damage than their hp in one shot.
death is especially vunerable why?
well death needs to take more turns to put enough charms to do enough damage , anything less than enough to one shot kill is useless. why?
because by the time death has put a shield and some charms blades to be good enough to be a worthwhile shot a storm player only needs a few charms and a non critical hit even when i am using a tower shield hits me for 4k damage.
what would be the point of healing?
if death uses a bone drake its even worse, it will take 3 rounds to kill him your dead before then.
I think death got a total gip with the new spells ..5 pips for a weakness..really? that can be taken off with a wand cast? wow terrible spell.
Dark pact? omg take damage for 30 % blade lol before you can get 3 blades on your self and a trap out your dead. not to mention if teh dark pact doesn't show up in deck first hand..and you blade first, if you try to use dark pact next hand your blade will be consumed and you do 40% more damage to yourself. this spell is bad..if its not used first. and makes it not worth having in deck, which is already filled with more than enough blades and traps that you still wont get time to use in a 1v1. death is meant to be deadly not defensive ..we dont need weaknesses and we sure dont need anymore blades. traps than we have , if i wanted another charm i would just use a treasure trap or feight or blade..what we need is an upgrade direct damage attack skeletal pirate is still the best we have for a direct one shot damage and its getting old, poison removes shields we dont need bone drake, skeletal pirate does more damage than anything else why bother with 8 pip drake? just poison if you need to get rid of death shield, and then wraith or pirate..seriously 5 pips for skeletal pirate does more damage instantly than drake for 8 pips does total.
Im not saying death should get some overpowered direct damage spell, pirate is 510 damage instead of giving us some silly defensive weakness why not a new damage spell like a demon you summon up he comes out from a fiery hole "hell" and spears you with his devil tail lol , does 550-600 damage.
seriously the weakness is great for 4v4 but 1v1 its pointless. 5 pips to weaken someone when you could use those 5 pips to cast pirate and hurt them, Death is not a defensive tank who's spells do damage to them while they weaken players..they should be damage dealers.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay first off, you started with animations that need fixing!

Now, I can agree, that when you hit with scarecrow, it would be nice to see the damage you have done, but honestly, if you can't multiply the number you see in health by 2, something is wrong! So, not too worried about that!

Then you go on about dark pact! No, may not be the Best spell, but it is interesting, especially boosting yourself or another! The only problem I have with it, is that it costs a pip?

Finally the -45% plague all spell... Oh how nice. Oh and by the way, get your facts straight, it is only a 3 pip spell, not a 5 pip spell. And it is when you are fighting lots of enemies, not 1 person! Go out in celestia with 2 mobs and see how much it will help, especially when they are about to cast big spells on you!

Next, if you want better stats for death, become legendary and get the Legendary Gear!

Everything is there, you just have to work for it, instead of complaining about it!

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I've to agree, there is nothing really wrong with scare crow animation other than when the blades are taken into account, my wizard is blocked by a corn stalk.

Finally the -45% plague all spell... Oh how nice. Oh and by the way, get your facts straight, it is only a 3 pip spell, not a 5 pip spell. And it is when you are fighting lots of enemies, not 1 person! Go out in celestia with 2 mobs and see how much it will help, especially when they are about to cast big spells on you!

Death really doesn't need weakness though. With a combination of celestia hat and boots level 58 boots and level 56 robe, with level 56 winter tusk ring and athame (from the bazaar), I've a 76% death boost and all it takes to clear most mobs with is a death blade, amplify, and gragatium scare crow.

Bone dragon is awesome and simply not a shield remover. All it takes to kill an ice elite is a single bone dragon with sun school boosts unless they tower shield 4 rounds straight. But if the target is shield happy, bone dragon and then use poison to brake the shields and let the stronger spell do the damage.

I use it to lower a high level bosses health down so I can get in in wraith. A single critical bone dragon will kill the jade oni fwiw.

btw - since the winter tusk update, wraith can be boosted up to 650 base damage and crow 550. That almost brings wraith on par with an unboosted helephant but better because it heals you.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
honestly? I agree. the Astral spells are quite unfair. I feel like using Moon spells over and over like I've seen people do takes the focus away from your school. my suggestion is that people can only train in the Mon spells that polymorph into creatures of their school, as well as one of the Polymorphs for creatures of their opposite school.

~Myrna ShadowMask, apprentice Necromancer and
~Autumn OwlGlade, GrandMaster Sorceress
"I will do ANYTHING to defy you!"
~Midna, Twilight Princess

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Given where this thread is going it feels like the subject title is a little misleading.

Some animations do need fixing in that they zoom way too much on certain things, causing some obscured views on whats going on in the animation. It's nice to make the animations exciting and whatnot, but we could use some zooming out on a few more spells during certain times. I'm glad they fixed the orthrus animation, that was a perfect example of a terrible use of zooming.

I did have two spells in mind, but...I just lost what the are from typing this -_-