Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Option To Skip Over Battle Animations?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2011
Maybe a similar option like the Pokemon games where you can turn off attack animations or maybe a vote to skip animation? because sometimes the animations go on for WAY too long expectantly higher level spells

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Absolutely, please. Like, I've seen the glowbug animation many times in my life, I could go without

Survivor
May 22, 2011
TiffanyHex123 on May 11, 2020 wrote:
Absolutely, please. Like, I've seen the glowbug animation many times in my life, I could go without
And I have seen tempest so many times lol

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
The animations are what make it an interactive cartoon. Why do the animators and developers take their time making them if they are made to turn them off. If you like playing with animation off then play pokemon. Try Dominoes online that short animation.

Community Leader
I don't think turning animations off is the key. Even though some spells might take time to cast and may be repetitive, they are still the core of this game.

What I think could be an interesting idea is fast combat. I believe on the other side of the Spiral, Pirate101 has this option. Although, that being said I don't know how it works.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Cody RavenTamer on May 16, 2020 wrote:
I don't think turning animations off is the key. Even though some spells might take time to cast and may be repetitive, they are still the core of this game.

What I think could be an interesting idea is fast combat. I believe on the other side of the Spiral, Pirate101 has this option. Although, that being said I don't know how it works.
I'm a Pirate Player. I might be able to share my thoughts.

Fast combat in Pirate101 works by speeding up the battle animations to make the animation finish sooner. Many players there use this for their convenience because it makes battles shorter.

However, this may not work as effectively in Wizard101. Instead, I would recommend what they do in the Beastmoon Hunt. You know how in the Hunt, most spells skip their 'appearance' animation entirely? A similar (or even identical) concept could be used for Fast Combat.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Maybe as a first step, they could convert ALL AOE spells to use the single attack format. There's no reason to watch the same animation happen on 4 different monsters when they could all be attacked at once. I remember Call of Khrulhu being so long, they were forced to convert that spell to a single-attack format which opened the window for new AOEs to use the same format.